Personality Cafe banner

If not a 5, what type would you most like to be? You can choose more than 1 type

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever wished of being another Enneatype and/or envied another Enneatype?? If so, which type?

Even if you LOVE being a 5, you can still answer this question. If you couldn't be a 5, what type would you next prefer to be?? why?

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I've never envied being another enneagram type. Although I have wished to be able to relate to others on a more intimate basis. Being a type 5 means being detached from your environment (always analyzing and recording) so you never feel like you're actually a part of what's going on. Just an observer. Or maybe that's just me and not the case for all type 5's, although I'd imagine it's typical. So to answer your question, any other type. lol But having said that I love being a type 5 because I notice the things everyone else doesn't.

Anyway, I voted for type 4 because they are some of my favorite people and it's part of my tri-type so I can understand why. lol

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I wouldn't really change my type if i could. I like being a five. But every now and then I really wish I were naturally more extroverted and engaging. I can do it, but it takes effort and leaves me tired and seems to come so easily for others. So, I picked Type 2. I have influences of 2, but sometimes wish it were stronger. I'd like to be helpful and caring to others. It's a trait I really admire in people and I try to aspire to be better in those ways. Also I can have a hard time with the mind-body connection. I don't envy other types though. I know we all have strengths and weaknesses. It would just be interesting if I could try it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'd prolly be a one.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I am happy being a 5 and I can think of no other type which would offer, at best, the same amount of difficulties in life. However, I often wish that I were not the incongruous combination of a 5w6 INTJ Sx/Sp

·
Registered
475 Posts
I picked type 8. As a 5, and probably an unhealthy-average 5, I know that i could progress much more if only i was much more assertive and bold. Often, being too caught up in my head is debilitating and over-analyzing on situations brings me nowhere but at a continual standstill. Perhaps, this is what i'm going to do from now on - work towards integration (5's integration being towards 8). First i'll have to have faith in my own abilities, remind myself that over analyzing gets me nowhere but further down the spiral. Next, the discipline that i've let go of due to stupid traumatic events, it's time to get my shit together.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I wouldn't really say there is another type I would rather be. I really like the way my mind works and how my 5-ness manifests. But I will agree with others that I wish I knew how to be more socially confidant. I feel like i've done a lot of work in the last year on strengthening my mind/body connection but I can't manage to keep myself grounded in certain social situations - I just get sucked back into my analyzing head.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts