Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right it's my question of the day, coz there are two main view points

1 that it is created by communities and society to make us work harder and spend. ecomony economony,

2 the other is that it's a nature instinct so we can attack our rivals and take their stuff that was making us feel like this in the first place, or we can become like them and surpass and then be free again of those emotions.

so what do guys think

( the reason this has come up is my friend recently started putting his music on myspace, and it's very good and it deserves all the listening it's getting but it's been up only two days and recieved 408 views, my music has only 38 it's been two years and I know it's different for him, he does rock/soul fusion and I do the very unpopular classical variety but still it's making me MADDDDDDDD :sad:) lol

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I think our culture makes envy/jealousy alright, which encourages the emotion, but for some people, it seems to be an emotion that comes naturally to them. I find it highly impractical and confounding - I'll never completely feel that I can empathetically comprehend the emotion. But then, I'm naturally sort of a commie and my heart seems to love polyamorously.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to feel like that for a long time, then I experienced it, a few times,

I actually hate that emotion and I used condemn it a lot but it's one of those emotions when your experiencing it, logically you know it's really wrong, which sets in some guilt for me, but then its very strong and I find I just can't stop feeling it at that time even though I would like to

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I think it's more nature/instinct, honestly. I see envy and jealousy as an offshoot of greed. It may be ugly, but greediness keeps you alive, anyway.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Jealousy/envy is a normal part of human nature. However examples of two forms of jealousy;

Healthy jealousy - In moderation or little. Does not seek to harm others. Just seeks to improve oneself.

Unhealthy jealousy - In excess. Driven by greed or has the desire to harm others. Pressures can either be self destructive or destructive towards others. Selfish in wanting everything for oneself without consideration for the needs of others.

How jealousy takes its form is a product of nurture, not nature. You are responsible for your emotions and actions.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
wow this is a great thread idea!
well i think it's nurture. like young people becoming attached to objects and being forced to share-and resenting it, that is hten moved on more by how matieristic our culture is. love then being as coplex as it is, the partner is"yours"but not in a possesive ownership kind of way-and people then fail to recognize this and unless the behaviour is stopped it can be bad!

Reactions: magnus una
1 - 7 of 7 Posts