Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Do you find yourself envious for people who have determined what they want in their lives and strive for it?

What else you might be
(are) jealous for?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I envy people who have taken to something like an obsession and have become amazing at said craft or skill. I can never seem to pursue something so strongly nothing in life keeps me that entertained

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I feel neither envy nor jealousy because both feelings incorporate a notion of resentment(I had to verify in the case of envy :p)

It can serve to further my depression, as it reminds me of what I lack, but I can still be happy for the person in question without any worries(or be indifferent if I don’t like the person in question)

I can’t think of a situation were I would be envious or jealous unless something had been undeniably stolen from me. I’ve not encountered such a situation yet, thankfully.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I am not jealous, generally.

But I dislike it when someone is better than me at something I am interested in or proficient at.
Also, I sometimes (albeit, rarely) wish I could be affable, more gregarious.

·
Registered
705 Posts

Do you find yourself envious for people who have determined what they want in their lives and strive for it?

What else you might be
(are) jealous for?
Not really. I am pretty determined about what I want from my life already. I've decided that becoming an artist is my goal for now. Once I've achieved that I'll make up some new goals. Perhaps build a home, or start writing, whatever.

I am jealous of people in happy relationships full of mutual love. I really want to be in such a situation too, it seems so nice. So far I've only known feelings of guilt and disappointment concerning romantic relationships. Either me rejecting someone else, or someone else rejecting me. Mutual romantic feelings are harder to find than they seem.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It can serve to further my depression, as it reminds me of what I lack, but I can still be happy for the person in question without any worries(or be indifferent if I don’t like the person in question).
That is what I meant. Not being sad that others have it, but being sad that I lack it, and therefore feeling inferior.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I can relate to this. It goes like: "How come that I am incapable to do/have that ability? Gosh, it makes me feel so incompetent"

I am rather jealous of people with excellent social skills. That's about it

Reactions: rakstamgalds

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not jealous, generally.

But I dislike it when someone is better than me at something I am interested in or proficient at.
I also can relate to this very much. Leaves me frustrared and makes me wish to
:)

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
I'm envious of people receiving recognition for something they brought up that I may or may not have brought up before and say to myself "Why didn't I think of that?" or "Why didn't I try harder?"

Like this thread for example. Why didn't I think of posting this thread before?!?! This thread truly does makes SENSE!!!11! </troll-sarcasm>

-- I envy people who have no financial woes and currently living the life. I only hope to get to where they are someday... but man... this hill climb is brutal!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
That is what I meant. Not being sad that others have it, but being sad that I lack it, and therefore feeling inferior.
I’ve found a few things that have sparked an initial interest, but I’m always subpar when I engage in the activity and it becomes difficult to further said interest.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I envy people who can make a great conversation wherever they go. Great social skills, and such...
Of course, I wouldn't like to be that sensitive.
Hmm, other than that, I envy people with a drive to actually exercise and lose weight. I'm not that overweight, but if I could lose a couple pound that'd be nice. :/

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm envious of people receiving recognition for something they brought up that I may or may not have brought up before and say to myself "Why didn't I think of that?" or "Why didn't I try harder?"
But you can not prove anything :mellow:
I think it is more "a dissapointment with self" than envy. I conclude that envy is strongly connected with a dissapointment with self.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts

What else you might be
(are) jealous for?
I'd be lying if I said I was never jealous or envious. Who doesn't at some point see someone they like get snatched up by someone else? Probably no one on this forum. I also believe that we are often incapable of realizing when others are envious about some aspect of us. That's like a pleasant gut punch.
"Really, you're sick of your wife and kids and wished you had your man cave back like I do?"

·
Registered
820 Posts
I never feel envy; not sure why.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts