Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie, completely new and trying to take this all in. When I was 19, I took the MB for an employment placement program, it was quite extensive and I scored ENTP. Over the years, I've retaken the test and gotten different results, from INTP to ENFP to most recently doing a 144 question test on similarminds.com.

Here's what I scored:

Extroverted (E) 58.82% Introverted (I) 41.18%
Intuitive (N) 57.89% Sensing (S) 42.11%
Thinking (T) 51.22% Feeling (F) 48.78%
Perceiving (P) 55.88% Judging (J) 44.12%

As you can see, my Thinking and Feeling are so literally close, I don't know what to make of it. Based on the early responses to this thread, I would say I feel more ENTP, but then there's more: I've been diagnosed as bipolar, I'm Aquarius, and I'm an only-child. So could I be a through-and-through ENTP with the bipolar sensitivity to the outside world, or am I even bipolar or just misdiagnosed in general? I am extremely sensitive, and people who barely know me question my sexuality because of my comfort with admitting liking things like pop music or reality TV or not playing sports... I'm 32 now and have definitely adapted my communication style with people, but I'm still pretty selfish and 'Larry David' in the rules of my world.

I'd really appreciate some input and I do believe you guys have a lot of great points, so thanks a lot for adding to the knowledge-base with call the internet!

·
Registered
545 Posts
will that come naturally defined either way? Do I consider myself ENTP in the meantime? Thanks for prompt response!
Do you tend to make decisions more on what makes makes sense or on your values?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Both the ENTP and ENFP have the top function as Ne...which is basically brain storming, a blast of different possibilities and ideas... their second functions are the ones which differ....the ENTP has Ti and the ENFP has Fi. Here are discriptions of each...see which one you relate to more, maybe cognitive functions would help. and you can also take a cognitive function test...it will tell you your most likely type.

Ti:
Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point.

Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it.

It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles.

These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea.

This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work.

The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency.

In so doing, we search for a "leverage point" that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system.

We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what's observed.
Fi:

It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words.

As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in.

There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life's situations.

We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, "Sometimes, some things just have to be said."

On the other hand, most of the time this process works "in private" and is expressed through actions.

It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the "essence" of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.
you can see the other functions of both the types here... http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/16Types.cfm
good luck figuring your type! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm feeling pretty Fi and the easiest way for me to explain it is I have a great intuition about people and ideas, but my disorganization hasn't allowed me to do anything with it beyond calling reality show winners and being too picky about jobs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts