Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no thread for epiphanies in the INFP forum. This is not right, because I think a core part of the INFP experience is those experiences of transcending an existing understanding, to reach a new one. That is basically what we deal in, it's like our currency. Learning a more beautiful and elegant way of being in the world. Grasping the principle. Learning to see things in their intangeable beauty and mystery. Looking beyond the immediate situation, with all of it's particulars, and cognising a deeper truth.

We don't always realise it's our currency. But I think that this is what we are trading in. This is what we are operating for. Sometimes we are unconciously driven by these experiences of deeper insight, and we forget why we are acting in a particular way, to try to live them out.

So I'd like to invite you to share any of those sudden moments of insight and understanding that you've had about yourself, or the world, or your dog, or whatever you like. Even though the motivation for this thread itself was a based on some deeper learning for me (meta :D), I'd like to offer a couple more, just to get the ball rolling:

1. It's occured to me recently that unless you deliberately (and often painstakingly) elucidate the value of what you're saying, people won't always understand you, and they won't always give you the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes it is neccesary to violently drag them through the beauty and eloquence of what you are saying (lol), rather than giving them the benefit of the doubt.

2. It's great to be able to ask for support, and especially to be able to do it conciously. I don't always realise when I'm seeking out support, but when i recognise it, I can make sure that I am aware of how I am trying to get it, and keep my finger on the pulse of the person I'm asking help from. That way, I can get the support I need in a way that is in tune with the people and conditions around me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think the topic is different enough, seems more a discussion on our current epiphanies and not so much the process. Lately, I've been thinking a lot on people's obsession with happiness and being happy. Borrowed a bit from epicureanism, but I really like the idea of focusing on avoiding what causes one not to be happy instead of just focusing on how to be happy.

Does this make me happy? Great! Will this make me sad later on though?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I just realized that I am a moron.

No, not a complete and utter moron, but enough of one that anything I accomplish in the future can, most likely, be torn down by one ill-timed expression of idiocy on my part. The financial/emotional/etcetera safety net I assumed I'd have in the future? It isn't there, and it isn't going to be there unless I play things really smart and set one up myself.

I'd wallow in self-pity over this realization, but that's led me into enough problems already...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts