Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been curious as to how other ENFP's view other extroverts?
Like them? Dont like them? Annoying or energry draining? Rejuvenating

I know there are levels of how extroverted one is but I guess Im just curious generally...
Ive noticed there arent very many E and E relationships? Why is that? Its usually E with I

·
Registered
815 Posts
There are a lot of E's I come across that really, really get on my nerves, but my best friend is an ESFP and boy, golly is she an E! I love her to death and we get along great.

I think the E's I can't get along with/rub me the wrong way are the guardian E's (ESFJ/ESTJ). Guardian's make me uncomfortable in general, but the boisterous ones especially.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I like both Es and Is. :) I REALLY find my INFP to be very fascinating, though, and this applies to all Is in general. They're like deep, complicated puzzles, just waiting to be figured out! :D

Es are refreshing to talk to when I'm in the mood, although I sometimes just want to OBSERVE, instead of be in the action.

Hell, I love everyone. <3 :cool:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a lot of E's I come across that really, really get on my nerves, but my best friend is an ESFP and boy, golly is she an E! I love her to death and we get along great.

I think the E's I can't get along with/rub me the wrong way are the guardian E's (ESFJ/ESTJ). Guardian's make me uncomfortable in general, but the boisterous ones especially.
I feel the same way about ESFJ and ESTJ. They make me very uncomfortable where I like to think of myself as someone who can usually hang with anyone, i cant really hang with them. I dont know what it is.

I have a gripe with some ENTP's (even though Ive scored as one before). The two that I know are really great in that...
1) I sincerely appreciate how they always seem to call/invite me everywhere, whereas I keep some people at arms distance and will not make regular contact with them because I just dont feel it necessary to do so. They constantly surprise me with phone calls inviting me somewhere great. I really do like that compared to some of my lazier friends
2)I like the energy they have and the objective logic they use when discussing a problem. One ENTP friend of mine is going to law school (surprise!) and really genuinely more in tune with how people are feeling than others.

But on the flip side:
I dont get their humor. Besides the sarcasm which I love, I dont get the goofy, silly, weird humor they think is so funny. I just end up mildly laughing, and its not even because I want to, its because I feel awkward. I do manage to make them laugh though...weird trade off.

As far as relationships go what do you guys think?

·
Registered
489 Posts
e/i doesn't matter to me as long as they communicate. i hate not knowing what's really going on in there...ne paranoia is a bitch. :/

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I like socially middle of the road people the best. If someone is too introverted I feel like I'm annoying them, and they're hard to read and interact with. I like extroverts a lot as long as they don't expect everyone to be as extroverted as they are and respect people who are a little more reserved. I'm an extrovert but I can be shy sometimes & I need to observe before I'm ready to contribute to the craziness. :wink:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I tend to hang out with a group of about 10 friends, give or take, and I like there to be more e's there than just me or I end up being like a clown when there are any gaps in the conversation. some of my really good friends are e's and I have a good ESTJ friend- we don't always see eye to eye but he is very, very funny and has a really sweet side to him too, he doesn't let everyone see it, you have to earn your way in. The person I have the most trouble with in the group setting is an ENFJ because he always seems to elect himself decision maker and I don't like to be told what we are doing :crazy:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can handle other E's so long as they're not competitive. Then my own competitiveness kicks in, and they appear to me to be arrogant, irritating, dishonest.

Of course, I'm insecure.

But cooperative extroverts? We turn into an unstoppable force...

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
I can handle other E's so long as they're not competitive. Then my own competitiveness kicks in, and they appear to me to be arrogant, irritating, dishonest.

Of course, I'm insecure.

But cooperative extroverts? We turn into an unstoppable force...
similar to this. i like feeling extraverts, i can get along with thinkers, and even sometimes like mixing it up a little but Ts are rarely ever much fun :proud: they can be witty, but unless they're ENTPs or something i can rarely be asked earning their "respect".

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
In general I find extroverts to be a bit more annoying than introverts. I mean I don't have a problem with most of them, but some of them just don't know when to shut up. All that pointless chatter drives me crazy sometimes. I also like to just relax sometimes, and a few extroverts i know never sit still. They always want to do something, and all that energy annoys me too. Then again I could just be an unhealthy ENFP, or maybe I'm just thinking about the EXTREMELY extroverted people I know.

As for relationships, I don't care much about what type they are. I'd gladly enter a relationship with another extrovert, as long as they were okay with the fact that I need some peace and quiet as well as fun and excitement. Balance is good.

I like socially middle of the road people the best. If someone is too introverted I feel like I'm annoying them, and they're hard to read and interact with.
I have this problem too. When talking to someone who's extremely introverted I feel like they just want me to shut up and leave them alone. I'm not sure if this is true, or if it's just because they look distant since they're mind's preoccupied.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I guess too much of anything can be annoying.

Like most ENFPs, I am good at reading situations and groups of people. I can usually figure out exactly how extroverted or introverted I need to be to make everyone else feel comfortable. If anyone else in the group is too introverted or too extroverted it makes me feel uncomfortable cause it throws off the balance.

Idk if that makes sense...it did in my head :crazy:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

Like most ENFPs, I am good at reading situations and groups of people. I can usually figure out exactly how extroverted or introverted I need to be to make everyone else feel comfortable. If anyone else in the group is too introverted or too extroverted it makes me feel uncomfortable cause it throws off the balance.

That makes perfect sense, especially the first line. In fact I think that sums up the entire thread up until this point.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yes Im the exact same way! Well said

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
So basically balance makes everything better. Hmm, who could've guessed that? :tongue:

Reactions: Aiam
1 - 14 of 14 Posts