Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've met someone who is either an ESFJ or ENFJ. She is very clearly an extraverted feeler. But what are some of the best ways to tell the difference between auxiliary Si and Ni? I'm struggling because she seems to have features of both (but obviously in reality that can't be true). Do ENFJs have worse memories for certain things, for example, compared to ESFJs? Any pointers would be good.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Se tertiary can be clear from a distance. Does the person take decisive action in the moment, or want to? Or do they take a slower, steadier pace to life?

Reactions: Aiwass

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,531 Posts
Se tertiary can be clear from a distance. Does the person take decisive action in the moment, or want to? Or do they take a slower, steadier pace to life?
That. ENFJ comes across as more intense IMO. More high strung. They are the feeler version of ENTJ.

Plus, ENFJs tend to be visionaries (aux Ni). They tend to have plans and visions about the future in their minds. ESFJs don't think about the future as much. They'd rather enjoy the present, and create a positive atmosphere in the here and now.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Enfjs are more big-picture dreamers, idealistic types - they tend to think more unconventionally.

Esfjs seem to be more focused on realistic scenarios - e.g situations with people, friends, day-to-day happenings etc.

Both are very friendly and warm.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,414 Posts
It's the same for every NJ vs. SJ type.

NJ are all about re-inventing the wheel, redefining what a thriving society should be like. SJs are more about conservatism and sticking to the formula that works. They accept change in small increments when they see it's real and it's working. NJs are more prone to taking a blind leap forward putting all their eggs in the same basket, so to speak.

·
Registered
ENFP
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would 3rd slot Se come out as being very fashion-conscious and showier, for example? Like very much wanting to look amazing for people.

·
Registered
ENFP
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That. ENFJ comes across as more intense IMO. More high strung. They are the feeler version of ENTJ.

Plus, ENFJs tend to be visionaries (aux Ni). They tend to have plans and visions about the future in their minds. ESFJs don't think about the future as much. They'd rather enjoy the present, and create a positive atmosphere in the here and now.
Could 3rd slot Se not come out as enjoying the present more than Si though in some ways? I do get what you mean because obviously Ni is much more future-orientated but just trying to clarify how to spot it.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Would 3rd slot Se come out as being very fashion-conscious and showier, for example? Like very much wanting to look amazing for people.
Possibly "showier" in the sense of wanting to make a visceral impact on people. In an ENFJ, that could be coupled with a desire to make an emotional impact on people.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,531 Posts
Could 3rd slot Se not come out as enjoying the present more than Si though in some ways? I do get what you mean because obviously Ni is much more future-orientated but just trying to clarify how to spot it.
Yes, definitely. I wrote a post on here about how I think Lady Gaga is an ENFJ. A clear one IMO. People think she is an SP type, but she's just using her tertiary Se. Developed ENFJs will know how to create certain degree of physical impact on the environment. They will alternate between Ni and Se.

Socionics believes the 3rd function in MBTI is some sort of "amateur" function that you actively try to get good at. I think this is true for many people. The more they develop, the more they integrate some aspects of their 3rd.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts