Personality Cafe banner

ESFJ and INFP

[ESFJ] 
Tags
esfj infp
18K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Philippo 
#1 ·
ESFJ women...so, I dated two ESFJs in the past. the last relationship lasted a bit over a year and they were both really good relationships. This seems to be a pattern, theres something about ESFJs thats really draws me in and its fun and exciting. Im wondering if its the same the other way around, Im INFP.

#2 ·
I suppose i can tell you what attracted me to my INFP partner.

He is quirky and knowledgeable which i thoroughly enjoy. He is not very romantic but he knows when i really need a lift so i get notes or just a hug which is gratefully received.
I like the fact he is laid back and brings me back in when he can visibly see i am under pressure.

Just a few positives for you ;)

#3 ·
I go out with an ESFJ.

She's pretty cuddly and fun but veery full on. It's like a constant balance between being whipped (bad) and not fulfilling her emotional needs (bad).

curious on ESFJ perspective too

Reactions: Thinker96
#8 ·
i think i've read somewhere that Fi and Fe are atracted to eachother.

If we were both Fi we'd probably keep everything to ourselves and be very careful about opening up. With her (ESFJ) it's easy because she will always open up to me and then it's easier for me to do it. Actually that's one thing that i like about her that she keeps her heart out there in the open while i'm striving to do the same thing but am afraid of being hurt.

I may be wrong about this whole Fi Fe thing because my knowledge of the mbti is quite limited.

#9 ·
that makes a lot of sense actually. its really not easy for me to talk about my feelings and i only do it if im close to someone. its easier to open up tho if the other person does it first, and Fe being like that makes it easier for us Fi s . Cuz we always wait for a 'green light' and the other person starting it gives a green light that way for us to open up more.

#10 ·
uhmm...how about an ESFJ male and an INFP female..does it differ with genders coz uh...i feel like he's more worldly and i'm a bit reserved and aloof sometimes and i feel like he sometimes thinks i'm out of this world or something when i'm awfully quiet...but he's always complimenting me when i'm cheerful and perky...O.O...and when it comes to feelings, i don't know if he sees me as aloof or sensitive...he has sometimes told me that i get sensitive sometimes but then again...i feel like he can also sense my aloofness...does the INFP aloofness bother an ESFJ or they don't mind it at all?

Reactions: Thinker96
#15 ·
thanks for replying...although with the opening part...i don't think i'd have any right to do so coz we're just casual friends...i mean he might be surprised on me saying these kinds of things...soo...maybe i'll just wait for the right time or when i get to know him better as well...it really takes time for me (us) to be really comfortable saying out loud how I (we) really feel to people...

#17 ·
ESFJs are usually drawn toward introverts, E needs I to work out well. That is how all the different relationships work out.
It seems to be a pattern showing that E tends to enjoy being around their opposite energy consumer Extrovert to Introvert, Judging and opposite Perceiving. J to P. BUt the information gaining function usually is the same. N to N and S to S. That is an exception with ESFJ though...

ESFJ goes towards INFP
ISFJ goes towards ESFP
INTJ goes towards ENTP
and ENFP goes towards IN INTJ or INFJ

#18 ·
I agree. I like to be around other sensors because it gives me a break from my own thoughts. Does that make sense? I naturally look for the hidden meaning behind everything. I can't turn it off. It's just the way my brain works. And ESFJ naturally brings out our tertiary Si, and sometimes, we really need it! We can get so caught up in finding out what everything means, and finding hidden connections between things, and it's so refreshing to be around someone who's just like, "Hey, don't take it so seriously." I mean, it can be annoying because I love a good intuitive conversation. But at the end of the day, I don't necessarily want to be around someone who thinks like I do.

#19 ·
I don't know about you guys, but INFPs make me feel amazing. They like to compliment in a very free way, and it's like they're in awe before my ability to handle a conversation with ease and to approach new people, as well as my ESFJ selflessness. I feel like a superstar when I'm with them.

#20 ·
I don't think I had the joy of ever meeting a real INFP, they're hiding pretty well in my life... :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.