Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to stop by with some coffee :starbucks: and virtual hugs :eek:ctopus: because I'm starting an ESFJ appreciation thread to make up for all the hate ESFJs get on PerC. Other types, what do you appreciate about ESFJs? What are your positive experiences with ESFJs? ESFJs, since this thread is about you, feel free to contribute your perspectives!

I'll start.

I had an ESFJ band teacher. He was the nicest person and radiated charisma that made him popular with the students. It is because of Mr. ESFJ that I am still in band and loving it. He is the only ESFJ I knew that I could distinctly type as ESFJ, but that doesn't prevent me from loving ESFJs.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I fully support this thread. ;)

I gush enough around here about how much I love ESFJs, but here's one more: my favorite cousin is an ESFJ. (Well, he's definitely Fe-dom and I'm 90% sure he's ESFJ.) He's 9 years older than me and ever since I was a toddler he's been nothing but awesome to me. When he was a young teenager he would get down on the floor and play with me and my younger brother. When I was in college he would take me out with his friends like I was one of them. When I would pass through town and stay with his parents for a night he'd drive 2 hours out of his way even on a work night to come by and see me, and act like it was nothing. When my brother was strung out on drugs he would call me with genuine concern and ask me how he was doing. Now he's one of my biggest fans on facebook: he likes nearly all my stuff.

My cousin has always been one of the "cool" kids - popular with the guys and with the ladies - but he's never been arrogant or exclusive, he likes to bring everyone together, put people at ease, have a good time with them. He goes out of his way for people. He's very good-looking and well-liked by everyone but doesn't like to draw attention to himself. Old ladies love him, because he genuinely loves them. I really couldn't find a single negative thing to say about him. He's a genuinely great guy. :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
One of the young professionals groups I'm in has a probable-ESFJ at the helm. I'm not completely sure she's an ESFJ mostly because I haven't interacted that much with only her; it's a social group and there are obviously others around too. Anyway, she's currently been setting up calls every Monday to get us all to talk to each other, continue to network and keep up with advances in our field, and discuss how we are dealing with the pandemic and quarantine situation. She is always up-to-date on the news too and presents it during the calls but manages to keep positive, energetic, and practical with her advice even when some others in the group seem to be struggling to cope with the quarantine. She can be dramatic at other times but she has so much composure and maturity at this critical time when others need her. I think she knows others depend on her and she is more than up to the task.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts