Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how it's going? I can't for the life of me figure out my type, can you help me? Hahaha

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Nope, healthy and fine. Male, 24 years old.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
37596499612_3606a4ca12_z.jpg
I like this picture because of the interesting geometry, at first look it seems like one of those picture where the thing folds upon itself, besides that I like the colors and how peaceful it feels, like someone could stand there and notice you and wave, and you would wave back and both would keep on their ways but with a nice connection made, maybe the person would walk across it and the geometry would seem even more confusing hahaha.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Initial thoughts are about what might have happened and what we can do/who we can call, I would talk with the group so we could move the car to safety and tell someone to call repair or somebody while we try to fix it or at least figure out the problem (mechanical engineer haha). Outward I would be calm; my focus is in what we can do and worrying or being angry about what happened wouldn’t help.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
It depends, normally I’m a homebody haha, but if we are already out and having fun, and if the group wanted I’d be up for it. I’d check the interest of the rest of the group and my options, is everyone going? Are there others plans? I wouldn’t try to convince the driver to go home unless a majority wanted to or I had a reason, otherwise, let’s have some fun!

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I’d be surprised by his opinion and my inward reaction, at least at the beginning would be about trying to show him/her how wrong he is hahaha human hubris, but soon I would focus about learning what he/she thinks and understanding where he/she comes from, I really enjoying talking with people with different beliefs, it the only way I can put my own beliefs under scrutiny and we can both get closer to the truth. Outwards I’d check him/her and the situation to see if we can casually talk about it or if there is a possibility of conflict, if I can I’m open to a conversation but I’m ready to drop it unanswered if it will only tire me or make things awkward, or if I'm being honest, when I have no chance of conving the other person.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
It happened before, no plan survives contact with the enemy, right? Hahaha. I adapt and change my beliefs, I mean not exactly change but evolve with the news information. About the experiences and habits, things change and I haven’t experienced everything so that will always happen and I have to keep moving forward.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Oh boy, the values I have are the result of years, refining and adapting them to seek a ultimate truth, I value kindness and understanding and helping others, accepting the things you can and can’t change and the fact that we, as humans, are resilient as f*ck and will always survive even when things seems hopeless, I value happiness as the ultimate goal in life and left behind ambition, I seek being fulfilled and with the people I love, doing things I love.
I value human life and using my skills and knowledge to make things better for everyone, to bring value to people. I don’t think my most basic values as changing because I feel there is truth in them, they maybe be improved and superficially changed, but the core stays the same.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
a) My communications skills, how easy going I am and my drive to accomplish things, I want to live behind a legacy and improve things where I go, so I climb the ladders of organizations so I can accomplish things and I create organizations and things so I can do what I want and help my community as I can.
b) Only one thing? Hahaha, I wish I was less lazy, I want to do so much more but sometimes I can’t seem to get my butt out of the chair and do it, I’m amazed about what I did being this way hahaha I wish I wasn’t so distracted and cared more about things so I could do them, we have so little time here on earth and I hate how I waste it.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I tend to trust them, even though they have been wrong before hahaha. Mostly about people behavior, I tend to figure out why they are doing what they are doing and what they will do, I have hunches on problem solving too, physics and engineering mostly, where I can see the ways to a solution, mixed results here though hahaha.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) I love being in a group and discussing something we are interested in, I started a book club in my uni and gives so much energy, in general group activities do that to me, tabletop games, theater, even work hahaha, solving problems that I’m interested also give me a boost, when I arrive in a solution or even explain my thought about it to someone it energizes me.
b) Lectures, things that make me sit and listen without my input tire me out, too much stimulus like a party tires me out too, and what drains me the most is being bored or in a situation where I’m not productive or doing something, it brings me down hard. I feel exhausted doing nothing.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I’m much more restrained in terms of letting out and having fun and I tone down the weirdness hahaha I keep my unsavory thoughts to myself to avoid conflicts and also, unfortunately, my nicer thoughts, when I wanted to compliment people or open myself, but I’m improving, I try to not show how manipulative and ruthless my thought process can be too. Most of the things I repress is to maintain a certain image people have of myself and a fear of rejection, some other things I try to keep in the back of my mind so I can have a better relationship with people, I always try be understanding when I feel like criticizing someone, but sometimes it can’t help it, but is something that I try to repress.

Thanks in advance to everyone who is willing to read all this sh*t and help me hahaha ��

Reactions: Jewl

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Hey guys how it's going? I can't for the life of me figure out my type, can you help me? Hahaha
Yo! I will do my best. ^-^ I enjoyed reading this questionnaire a lot. I agree with your assessment of yourself that you use some kind of Extroverted Judging function. However, where you saw Fe, I saw a ton of Te-Fi. I think the two, contrary to popular belief, are really easy to mistake. There is this idea that types who prefer Thinking must not have deeply held values - this is very untrue. When someone has dominant Feeling, I expect to see a lot of evaluation happening. Not simply knowing and naming and organizing and articulating the values they have - which is something I saw you doing. Clearly you have deeply held subjective core values (hello, Fi), and the way you express them and think about them and organize them is very Te.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Nope, healthy and fine. Male, 24 years old.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
View attachment 726306
I like this picture because of the interesting geometry, at first look it seems like one of those picture where the thing folds upon itself, besides that I like the colors and how peaceful it feels, like someone could stand there and notice you and wave, and you would wave back and both would keep on their ways but with a nice connection made, maybe the person would walk across it and the geometry would seem even more confusing hahaha.
First off, your initial focus on the geometry and on the thing folding in on itself felt like Thinking of some sort to me. That's because Thinking in general according to Jung is the function that tells us what something is - focus on naming, defining, categorizing. I notice people who prefer Thinking tend to notice interesting stuff like that in these photos. It's also clear that you use some combo of Ne-Si here. You overlaid the photo with some of your subjective impressions, the "vibe" of the picture (Si) but also weren't entirely focused on what was actually there - there was some "what if" going on (Ne).

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Initial thoughts are about what might have happened and what we can do/who we can call, I would talk with the group so we could move the car to safety and tell someone to call repair or somebody while we try to fix it or at least figure out the problem (mechanical engineer haha). Outward I would be calm; my focus is in what we can do and worrying or being angry about what happened wouldn’t help.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
It depends, normally I’m a homebody haha, but if we are already out and having fun, and if the group wanted I’d be up for it. I’d check the interest of the rest of the group and my options, is everyone going? Are there others plans? I wouldn’t try to convince the driver to go home unless a majority wanted to or I had a reason, otherwise, let’s have some fun!
Not a ton of type related stuff. But there was some focus on "If this happens, then we can do this" and "this is the sort of thing to do in such a situation", prioritizing, etc. And it's focused outside of yourself. Objective. So Te.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I’d be surprised by his opinion and my inward reaction, at least at the beginning would be about trying to show him/her how wrong he is hahaha human hubris, but soon I would focus about learning what he/she thinks and understanding where he/she comes from, I really enjoying talking with people with different beliefs, it the only way I can put my own beliefs under scrutiny and we can both get closer to the truth. Outwards I’d check him/her and the situation to see if we can casually talk about it or if there is a possibility of conflict, if I can I’m open to a conversation but I’m ready to drop it unanswered if it will only tire me or make things awkward, or if I'm being honest, when I have no chance of conving the other person.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
It happened before, no plan survives contact with the enemy, right? Hahaha. I adapt and change my beliefs, I mean not exactly change but evolve with the news information. About the experiences and habits, things change and I haven’t experienced everything so that will always happen and I have to keep moving forward.
You seem to have this search for objective, universal truth. You also express things objectively. Hello, Te! "This is wrong because [list of stuff derived from experiences/general knowledge/etc]". There is a lot of Te-Fi interplay going on here. That you like to focus on knowing and understanding where someone else is coming from does not equate to a preference for Feeling. :) I have many friends with a Thinking preference who are the same. My INTP husband, for example, listens to people very well. He likes to understand what is being said to them and how people have reached their conclusions. My ESTJ sister is also good at doing this. When she knows where someone has gotten their beliefs, it helps her understand how best to reply to them. Was their source good? Did they have a lot of negative experiences with X type of people - why might that be? It's still very analytical and not focused on evaluating things.

You are focused on the truth of the matter - you have a concept of values you hold, but there is a lack of, "This value is important. Such-and-such is beautiful/meaningful/significant in some way." A lack of evaluating your values haha. These questions try to get at Feeling vs Thinking but they don't do so very well. They just end up getting people talking about what they believe/think about stuff. I am looking for focus. Emphasis. How you think.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?[/B]
Oh boy, the values I have are the result of years, refining and adapting them to seek a ultimate truth, I value kindness and understanding and helping others, accepting the things you can and can’t change and the fact that we, as humans, are resilient as f*ck and will always survive even when things seems hopeless, I value happiness as the ultimate goal in life and left behind ambition, I seek being fulfilled and with the people I love, doing things I love.
I value human life and using my skills and knowledge to make things better for everyone, to bring value to people. I don’t think my most basic values as changing because I feel there is truth in them, they maybe be improved and superficially changed, but the core stays the same.
This is a beautiful example of Te-Fi interplay. You have values, clearly subjective ("This is important to me, this is significant to me") - but you don't focus on them. You don't ruminate on them, saying why such-and-such is valuable. That would be Feeling right there. No... You are naming and organizing the values you hold. You state them in an objective manner. It could almost look like Fe, but it's really not. It's Te-Fi, plain and simple.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
a) My communications skills, how easy going I am and my drive to accomplish things, I want to live behind a legacy and improve things where I go, so I climb the ladders of organizations so I can accomplish things and I create organizations and things so I can do what I want and help my community as I can.
Te-Fi, man. I want to do such-and-such to accomplish this thing (connected to my subjective values), here is my goal, here's how I will achieve it.

b) Only one thing? Hahaha, I wish I was less lazy, I want to do so much more but sometimes I can’t seem to get my butt out of the chair and do it, I’m amazed about what I did being this way hahaha I wish I wasn’t so distracted and cared more about things so I could do them, we have so little time here on earth and I hate how I waste it.
I feel you there. :p This is a kind of stereotypical Te thing to say, but might not necessarily be type related. Wanting to be better at managing time. And everybody procrastinates. My Te-dom sister procrastinates. We all do it. Although I will tell you, this is definitely not something that would occur to me to say haha. (That dominant Pe function - please, no planning. Please. No "Here's how I'm gonna use my time" thoughts. REPRESS THOSE THOUGHTS. Keep all the options as open as possibly possible.)

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I tend to trust them, even though they have been wrong before hahaha. Mostly about people behavior, I tend to figure out why they are doing what they are doing and what they will do, I have hunches on problem solving too, physics and engineering mostly, where I can see the ways to a solution, mixed results here though hahaha.
Doesn't necessarily point towards Intuition. I think (don't quote me) Jung even mentioned types who prefer Sensation might get some "hunches" from their more unconscious Intuition. That said, I will say I don't know and this is not necessarily type related.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) I love being in a group and discussing something we are interested in, I started a book club in my uni and gives so much energy, in general group activities do that to me, tabletop games, theater, even work hahaha, solving problems that I’m interested also give me a boost, when I arrive in a solution or even explain my thought about it to someone it energizes me.
b) Lectures, things that make me sit and listen without my input tire me out, too much stimulus like a party tires me out too, and what drains me the most is being bored or in a situation where I’m not productive or doing something, it brings me down hard. I feel exhausted doing nothing.
That's Extroversion for you. :) Gaining energy from things outside of yourself. That you don't like loud parties doesn't point towards Introversion. Also your Extroversion being oriented to the need to be doing something or being productive... Well, that has a distinct Te-ish feel to it.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?[/B]
I’m much more restrained in terms of letting out and having fun and I tone down the weirdness hahaha I keep my unsavory thoughts to myself to avoid conflicts and also, unfortunately, my nicer thoughts, when I wanted to compliment people or open myself, but I’m improving, I try to not show how manipulative and ruthless my thought process can be too. Most of the things I repress is to maintain a certain image people have of myself and a fear of rejection, some other things I try to keep in the back of my mind so I can have a better relationship with people, I always try be understanding when I feel like criticizing someone, but sometimes it can’t help it, but is something that I try to repress.
This is still sounds like Te-Fi interplay to me. Feeling it's important not to make people feel bad or criticizing them whilst noticing something that is true that you want to name and express (hello, Te). It has a Te-Fi feel to it.

Thanks in advance to everyone who is willing to read all this sh*t and help me hahaha ��
Like I said, very interesting questionnaire.

If I were to guess at your type, I would suggest ESTJ. Definitely dominant Te, definitely at least ExTJ. You 100% lead with an Extroverted Judging function and you do not focus on evaluating stuff. You state things, truths. Objectively. Informed by experience and information outside of yourself.

I feel ESTJ is more likely because I saw Ne-Si in your reaction to the photo. You had this subjective impression of what was there in the photo, very Si, but not devoid of some whimsical wonderings that felt like Ne. Your S/N axis is less clear, but I think you prefer Sensation over Intuition. I certainly didn't see any Se or Ni at all, and since I saw a distinct lack of that throughout the questionnaire, I think ESTJ is best fit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for your insightful analysis @Jewl!
That’s pretty damn interesting hahaha I used to test ENTJ/INTJ at the beginning but with the years I started to question that and think that I was in fact a feeler and that those results were due to me being a teenager sh*thead trying to be hyperrational and the like hahaha. I posted in @Wisteria thread and she actually claimed that I was a ENFP hahaha, talking with her afterward we considered the possibility that I was a Fe dom.

ESTJ is a first and I sure consider it as a possibility, my problem is that at a certain level I can see myself as every type which sure as hell complicate things hahaha I big preoccupation that I have is falling for intuitive bias and typing myself wrong so having opinions of a third party helps me greatly.
I’m glad you enjoyed my answers hahaha I cut a lot of it to not become a slog to everyone one willing to read it hahaha.
Thanks again!

Reactions: Jewl

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Thank you so much for your insightful analysis @Jewl!
That’s pretty damn interesting hahaha I used to test ENTJ/INTJ at the beginning but with the years I started to question that and think that I was in fact a feeler and that those results were due to me being a teenager sh*thead trying to be hyperrational and the like hahaha. I posted in @Wisteria thread and she actually claimed that I was a ENFP hahaha, talking with her afterward we considered the possibility that I was a Fe dom.

ESTJ is a first and I sure consider it as a possibility, my problem is that at a certain level I can see myself as every type which sure as hell complicate things hahaha I big preoccupation that I have is falling for intuitive bias and typing myself wrong so having opinions of a third party helps me greatly.
I’m glad you enjoyed my answers hahaha I cut a lot of it to not become a slog to everyone one willing to read it hahaha.
Thanks again!
Haha thanks! ^-^

Well, as a type who leads with a Judging function, your S/N axis will definitely be less clear. I saw hints of Ne in what you said about the picture. As an ESTJ, you would have tertiary Ne. Depending on your age, it could be more developed. Also, it wouldn't trip you up nearly so much as inferior Fi. Its use would probably be unconscious for the most part, but could still be present and helpful. You could find yourself tapping into sometimes. So it's not absent.

It doesn't surprise me someone tried to type you as ENFP. If one thing is for sure, you definitely use Fi, Te, Ne, and Si in some order.

Absolutely absent from your questionnaire was any hint of Ti-Fe and Ni-Se.

Being typed as an INTJ or ENTJ makes sense. The tests tend to give anyone intelligent a preference for Intuition. But both ENTJ and INTJ have prefer Te and then some introverted perceiving function.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Khadroma, @Turi, @angelcat do you all have any insights here? I feel like there's a lot of Te in this questionnaire, despite what people might perceive as "feeling" - there are "feeling" buzzwords (like "value" and "feel") but I don't see actual evaluation happening... If I were to see feeling from this questionnaire, I'd expect it to be Fi, not Fe. But I could be way off the mark and I'd love some second opinions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts