Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been quite confused whether I am an ESFJ or an ISFJ. I'm almost completely certain that I'm an SFJ, just confused on the extrovert and introvert spectrum. I think I better fit the ESFJ as I more identify as a shy extrovert; I tend to recharge while I'm around people and do not prefer solitary.
Like an ESFJ, I feel a need to be liked and helping people/taking care of people feels like both a pleasure and a responsibility. Although, I am a quite reserved person and tend to bottle things up and don't express my feelings like an ISFJ. I also feel like I get taken advantage of, I am sensitive, a people-pleaser and have a hard time saying "no" to people. I am very concerned with my social status and how others feel/think about me, I am reluctant to change and I want to please others. But, I am not a "popular" person and am not good at talking to people, especially those who are not close to me.
I was wondering if any of you guys would help me out.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
When a problem presents itself, do you open yourself up to many possibilities and consider them all before weeding them out, or do you deeply scrutinize the problem and go into "fix it" mode, using your thinking process to cast aside ideas as you encounter them?

·
Registered
331 Posts
@angelcat, that's interesting. I think it's based on tertiary function, right? The one who opens up to possibilities technically ESFJ, and the one in "fixing" mode ISFJ. Please don't tell me it's even stupid to ask such question :)

Sent from mobile phone

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
@angelcat, that's interesting. I think it's based on tertiary function, right? The one who opens up to possibilities technically ESFJ, and the one in "fixing" mode ISFJ. Please don't tell me it's even stupid to ask such question :)
Yes, that is correct.

ESFJs can Fe/Ne.

ISFJs Si/Ti.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have written a function-based ESFJ description based on cognitive functions that might help. You can find it here. The ISFJ one is in the works. I'm happy to update you when it's finalized if you want.

ISFJ and ESFJ are quite similar, but also very different in some ways. You might relate to the ESFJ one even if you are ISFJ, but if it doesn't click completely, wait and see what you think about the ISFJ description I'm writing.

·
Registered
331 Posts
@Norina, I read your description and find it familiar. Almost everything would fit me as a glove. Especially the thing about inferior Ti. I always ask for others input when I have to decide something. I love myself, I am confident, but for others it seems like I am not because of this. I just need to ask what others would do, what they think. It's not that I will act as somebody told me, I still make decision by myself, but in that way I have more information, more point of view that I can base my decision on. Just like somebody traveling around the world to know other cultures to be able to better understand himself and his coulture.

But the most annoying thing is - I don't feel confident with Fe dominant. I do not naturally look at people in every situation. I can see myself as the one who naturally looks outside than inside, but that could be just Si looking throu my eyes.

I am looking forward to see what you have written about ISFJs. :)

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
I have written a function-based ESFJ description based on cognitive functions that might help. You can find it here. The ISFJ one is in the works. I'm happy to update you when it's finalized if you want.

ISFJ and ESFJ are quite similar, but also very different in some ways. You might relate to the ESFJ one even if you are ISFJ, but if it doesn't click completely, wait and see what you think about the ISFJ description I'm writing.
Excellent essay.

Pretty much... spot on my ESFJ dad.

I look forward to reading your ISFJ profile.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.