Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys :) I'm debating whether I'm an ISFJ or an ESFJ and I wonder if some of you can share the difference between the thinking process of each and how they present themselves to the world? Logically I know how the differentiate from one another but hearing it from someone more knowledgeable always helps :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
What do you like to do for fun? I share a house with an isfj male friend and my niece is an isfj. Myself, I test every time an esfp but I feel that I’m very close to an esfj. Do you crave people’s company or would you just want to watch movies and tv.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you like to do for fun? I share a house with an isfj male friend and my niece is an isfj. Myself, I test every time an esfp but I feel that I’m very close to an esfj. Do you crave people’s company or would you just want to watch movies and tv.
I like watching TV, playing musical intrigantes, drawing, creative writing, traveling, being with my boyfriend :) I'm more socially introverted for sure but I'm talking about the cognitive functions. Like how does ISFJ processes information than an ESFJ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
ISFJ would be SI and then Fe. I would say they would sit and take in and watch a situation first and pick out certain individuals that they prefer to help and talk to. one of My friends is always talking about how bad a situation is and how him and his friends are doing and he's helping out specific people. Not so much about controlling the room.

I have another friend who's ESFJ and that would be Fe and si. In a situation like that they would take control of the room or try to tell people what to do or be more involved. My dad who's an ESFJ is known to micromanage everyone and tell them what to do. He is also more chatty and try to keep the emotional order in the place.

My father is also the one who loves to offer our house to everyone, to come over and to stay. My ISFJ friend mostly likes to keep his space his own space. My mother is ISfJ and she's more private then my father. Maybe that helps?

Reactions: The red spirit

·
Registered
209 Posts
You could refer to your tertiary function
If you show a good amount of Ne, with your Fe/Si, than ESFJ
If you show a good amount of Ti with your Si/Fe, than ISFJ
Also thinking about when you are at your best does it involve seeing a lot of people and being busy with social life. Or does it involve staying at home, learning more about your interests, and only hanging out with others occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
To go into the cognitive functions
1. ISFJ=Si-DOM: Super detail-orientated, prefers low-key social situations (over stimulated by really loud environments), super in tune to the body, likes to learn more about individual interests, and since we lead with a perceiving function more incline to sit back in a social situation before taking action. Fe acts as a helper to Si and is going to help us interact with the world and understand other people’s perspectives.

2. ESFJ=FE-Dom: Feels very responsible for others emotions, loves to connect emotionally with others, energized by social interaction, loves to host parties and events, As dominant Extroverted Judgers more incline to take action in a social situation (I.e., making sure everyone feels comfortable) and in an unhealthy state micromanage you. Si is going to act as an assistant when it comes to remember important details about others, scheduling, and getting into routines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts