Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your gift-giving style? Also, what kinds of gifts do you like to receive, and how do you tend to react to a gift that you like versus one that you dislike?

I am doing this for all the types...eventually...

Anyway, I have a few thoughts on the ESFJ based on functions, but I am interested in feedback from actual ESFJs. Please add your own thoughts along the way, as my description is certainly not meant to be definitive.

ESFJs want to give gifts that their recipients will truly enjoy and appreciate. Something that will be used often or well-loved will be at the top of the ESFJ's gift list. The ESFJ appreciates quality and doesn't mind paying a little extra to get it. Would prefer to give something handmade, but since their extensive social lives give them little spare time for crafting, ESFJs will often be found shopping on Etsy or at local craft fairs.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nobody answering this thread?

Well i think T's will ive gadgets and cool stuff

F's will give more artistic stuff

Reactions: vocalist

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
What is your gift-giving style? Also, what kinds of gifts do you like to receive, and how do you tend to react to a gift that you like versus one that you dislike?

I am doing this for all the types...eventually...

Anyway, I have a few thoughts on the ESFJ based on functions, but I am interested in feedback from actual ESFJs. Please add your own thoughts along the way, as my description is certainly not meant to be definitive.

ESFJs want to give gifts that their recipients will truly enjoy and appreciate. Something that will be used often or well-loved will be at the top of the ESFJ's gift list. The ESFJ appreciates quality and doesn't mind paying a little extra to get it. Would prefer to give something handmade, but since their extensive social lives give them little spare time for crafting, ESFJs will often be found shopping on Etsy or at local craft fairs.
I tried answering this the other day and my computer went haywire and I lost the post... So I'll try again today...

Well... Here's a gift I gave my fiance... I found the wooden puzzle pieces, painted the base color, put it together, traced the wording, painted the wording, sealed it, and then let him piece it back together. It'll be hanging in our bedroom in our new house once we're done closing.

I tend to buy my dad gifts that he can use on the road while he's driving. In the past I've bought him new luggage for his clothes...shaving kits that I knew he wanted...and even bought him food that I knew he liked to eat on the road.

It really varies when I buy for my mom. Sometimes I buy her something that is useful, other times I buy her something that's going to have sentimental meaning to her.

I tend to buy for people based on their values. Do they value you sentimental stuff? I'm likely to buy them something that will have sentimental value. For example, if there was some event or occasion that they bring up a lot, and I happen to have a picture from it, I will frame it and give it to them. Do they value useful things? I will rack my brain trying to think of something that will really help them out with their job, school, or just at home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts