Personality Cafe banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Hey I'm ISFJ and I feel this applies to me a little but for slightly different reasons. I use the internet everyday yet I only have three people on my msn that I rarely speak to. I've been here, PC, for months yet it still feels completely alien to me, the whole internet is more or less alien to me. The information is great but the people? I just don't connect with. Maybe I can only connect with people in person? :S
hhhhhhmmmmmmmm........
I'm going to go and watch another movie. ^_^

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey I'm ISFJ and I feel this applies to me a little but for slightly different reasons. I use the internet everyday yet I only have three people on my msn that I rarely speak to. I've been here, PC, for months yet it still feels completely alien to me, the whole internet is more or less alien to me. The information is great but the people? I just don't connect with. Maybe I can only connect with people in person? :S
hhhhhhmmmmmmmm........
I'm going to go and watch another movie. ^_^
*snuggles* You can take me to your leader any day :D

Hmmm question Shannonline, do you vent to friends, journal (actual written not typed) or blog? or if not those, then how do you keep yourself from imploding o_O

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wow, I must be some weird ESFJ. I love lolcatz and that whole kind of community, in-jokes and forums. I've met a whole bunch of internetfriends IRL, and even played WoW for a while... :laughing::blushed:

It could be cause I love you INT-guys, or because I was quite shy when I was like 14-16 and then fell in love with it. But I do use a lot of social communities like Facebook, and uploades pics to remember events, and writes to internetfriends, and hang in forums! I've been that kind of girl that chats whole nights with someone I've found interesting. For me, Internet is just another way of being social, with the benefit that you can research and have other kind of fun in the same time. :proud:

·
Registered
473 Posts
"I c wut u did thar!"

Oh yeah I forgot... am I the only one who takes longer typing shorthand? Yeah i'm weird.
Oh god, not at all. :D I have to think so hard to type/decipher shorthand. Which is why I never use it. >>

I think my stepdad is an ESFJ, and he mostly uses the computer to keep track of a political forum he's on and to show me funny videos he's had e-mailed to him. Sometimes we'll search for stuff on Youtube together, or he plays some old games. But I don't think he really uses it for social-networking very much (other than that one forum).

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Well, here's the good part of the page that talks about the better types. I kid you on the "better" part.

"
[edit] Myers-Briggs Types and Uncyclopedia Users

This is a guide on how to recognize the different personality types on Uncyclopedia. The following descriptions should NOT be used to determine your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, because they are anecdotal, and not a proper examination. Get back up there and take those pills! Visit Myers-Briggs/Users to let other users know what type you are, or Template:User_Myers-Briggs to get a template for your user page.
[edit] INFP - The Beauties

Hottest type x3
They are often found contemplating life's mysteries in caves and occasionally popping up to do good deeds before they are subdued and stifled by ESXJ authorities. They generally have the goodwill and kindness to forgive these evil people.
[edit] INFJ - The doctors of evil

These users have convoluted evil plans of ruling the Uncyclopedia universe. They require you to worship them.
Those who resist their supreme authority normally end up like the Jung Beetle. Often various INFJs conquer the world and are killed by peace-loving INFPs, only to return at a later time, along with an evil apprentice. They have a huge capacity for love, and those "gone wrong" may be found on the streets hugging strangers or organizing beaurocratic church drives and thinking that the money may actually get to the hands of the poor.
[edit] INTP - The mad scientists

These users are the mad scientists. Their test tubes of crazy ideas spill across the Uncyclopedia pages, causing all manner of chain reactions and realignments of the cosmological fabric of the webspace-time continuum.
[edit] INTJ - The conspiracy theorists

These users think the black helicopters are coming and it is their duty to inform you all about it.
[edit] ISFP - The MySpace users

These users are looking for boyfriends/girlfriends and other people to argue with, and most likely spend all their time on the talk pages. Perhaps they got lost in Uncyclopedia on the way to MySpace.
[edit] ISFJ - The sobbing geeks

These users like using computers. Most of their contributions to Uncyclopedia will probably be deleted, and they will cry.
[edit] ISTP - The fountains of UnKnowledge

These users enhance articles by spouting a rainbow of UnFacts from under their top hat wherever they go, but may have trouble getting recognition for their efforts.
[edit] ISTJ - The cogs of the UnMachine

These users are suited to helping the day to day running of the Uncyclopedia machine. Their contributions may be significant, but they'll need a little help with the humour.
[edit] ENFP, ENFJ, ENTP, ENTJ, ESFP, ESFJ, ESTP, ESTJ - The users who shouldn't be using the Interweb

Nobody with an E dimension to their Myers-Briggs type should ever use the Interweb. If you fall into one of these categories, disconnect your Interweb and call an ambulance immediately. The Interweb is extremely dangerous in untrained hands, and you're lucky you haven't killed yourself. You probably have been raped by cartoon bears several times. "

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, I must be some weird ESFJ. I love lolcatz and that whole kind of community, in-jokes and forums. I've met a whole bunch of internetfriends IRL, and even played WoW for a while... :laughing::blushed:

Your not weird I’m a ESFJ and everything you said I agree with, except I played War Hammer ^_^

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
My dad is ESFJ and uses msn.com for news, because he doesn't know how to go anywhere else. And uses e-mail to keep in touch with friends and family. He doesn't care about the computer aside from that.

INTPs use the social networking sites a lot...? I don't really like to use that stuff. I'd rather have a topic to think about, or be doing research or something. There's a political board I post on, and an emulator gaming forum that I'm on the development team for. I still don't post on the public forums for the gaming forum that much since they discuss random crap.

On the other hand, I think I'm moving more and more towards S and J as I get older. My N and P scores keep going down and are almost at the middle.

One other problem I have, is that I'll think of a thread or a post I want to create, and I'll ponder it for awhile, but I don't feel like writing it out so it never gets posted.

·
Registered
735 Posts
It may be because you're more aware of your functions and want to develop the other functions, this could be from learning from every day social situations. Maybe because you're a Thinker that you're evaluating a lot of your actions, and as an Introvert whose main functions is reflect-action-reflect....therefore you're learning a lot of your thought and pattern processes and learning and applying them. Your personality type is fixed, what changes/alters is your awareness due to life experiences. Your preferences as an INTP would always be there, but you may have learnt to perceive things in an alternative way in a conscious way.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It may be because you're more aware of your functions and want to develop the other functions, this could be from learning from every day social situations. Maybe because you're a Thinker that you're evaluating a lot of your actions, and as an Introvert whose main functions is reflect-action-reflect....therefore you're learning a lot of your thought and pattern processes and learning and applying them. Your personality type is fixed, what changes/alters is your awareness due to life experiences. Your preferences as an INTP would always be there, but you may have learnt to perceive things in an alternative way in a conscious way.

Does that make sense?
That sounds about right.

I have tried to focus on reality more, rather than live in my imagination as much, because I'd like to actually accomplish something rather then just come up with ideas.

I've also been losing a lot of idealism, and have tried to focus on more likely possibilities.

·
Registered
735 Posts
That sounds about right.

I have tried to focus on reality more, rather than live in my imagination as much, because I'd like to actually accomplish something rather then just come up with ideas.

I've also been losing a lot of idealism, and have tried to focus on more likely possibilities.
I get like that too, I have some INTJ preferences, I find that I live inside my head a lot, daydreaming or thinking and preparing for situations I want to happen or might happen - on the plus side it prepares me for difficult scenarios I have to encounter, as well as help me draw up a rough plan of how I want my life to turn out, it can be tiring sometimes!

When you try to focus on more likely possibilities - do you find it a challenge? how are you going about it?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It's not really hard to focus on more likely possibilities, I'm just trying to become less of a perfectionist for my own sake. I used to want to do everything perfectly, so I would stall on new projects since I knew they were going to be such a huge amount of work, or there was the possibility of failure. Now I just try to prioritize and treat everything as a learning experience. If you put in a full effort, then you'll get the best possible result you can get while wanting anything else is just dreaming.

Just a few things on my list:

1. Focus on only doing things that build towards a goal that I want.
2. Pull the trigger when I know I should do something. Failure weighs an ounce, regret weighs a ton.
3. If I can't decide what to do in a timely manner, then make the choice based on what I want to do.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts