Personality Cafe banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am friends with an ESFP, although I have had to distance myself from her due to her destructive behavior in recent years (sexual promiscuity resulting in 2 children for which she cannot properly care, etc.). When we were close she was fun at times, but there was one constant annoyance: she was very self-absorbed. She rarely asked how my life was going, and really only seemed to initiate contact with me because she was embroiled in an especially dramatic situation (that she had in some way caused) and had previously deemed me to be a good listener.
Again, fun, but not the most stable or intellectually stimulating type to have in one's life.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I just got off Skype with my ESFP best friend. Sometimes I'm amazed how stupid she can be, especially her reasoning that using romantic comedies as her relationship ideal is "realistic".

·
Registered
27 Posts
My mom is an ESFP

It's been quite a journey with her lol. She often makes the comment that she's "grown up with me".

I often feel like the more mature one out of us, and we used to get into SO many arguments when I was younger, and we still DO get into arguments. Most of our arguments are because I'm a Thinker and she's a Feeler.

She also annoys me a lot because she's constantly talking, and if she's not then she's making (what I consider) stupid unnecessary noises and singing for no reason and stuff like that. I never say anything to her about it, because I know it would do no good, but it does get on my nerves.

Something she says a lot though, is that she feels like I'm "looking down on her" and being condescending towards her. Even though I never am, and I never think I'm better than her, I don't know if that has anything to do with personality types, but I thought I'd throw that in there.

All in all though I love my mom, but that's a given, she's my mom lol.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts