Personality Cafe banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Thank you, @Stephen, for spreading some love to counter the ESFP hate!

We aren't all selfish alcoholics! We aren't all incapable of deep conversations! Some of us are selfish deep conversational alcoholics....
Is that really the sorts of things people are saying about ESFPs around here? Such a shame!

I'm a bit ignorant of such misunderstandings due to the rarity of my excursions outside the turtle shell that is the INFJ forum. :)

Don't worry, ESFPs...you all are good in my book. Without the ESFP type, I would not have my lovable ESFP friend/established horrible-sci-fi-movie buddy. With whom I've had many a deep conversation. And who rarely drinks alcohol. And who is perhaps unselfish to a fault. And who understands that deep-seated fascination with crappy CG graphics in movies involving mutated, blood-thirsty animal fusions and casts that include washed-up 80s pop stars.

Full of win, guys. Totally full of win.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Wow, nice! I really like the ESFP awareness thing! It's a very good idea! I was like: "Stephen's ESFP? Wow, that's drastic!" xD

My best friend, aside from my ENFP sister, is my ESFP friend, @Curiosajess, and she's an extraordinary person! Anyone who tries to down an ESFP is gonna go through me, too! >)

Mind if I do it, too? :D

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
@Seven of Cups - that's an interesting Seven of Cups tarot image. :)

I totally agree with @Kayness - it is time to dogpile on @Stephen the ESFP!

DOGPILE! XD
**dogpiles like in Kung Pow** Okaaaaaayy... Throw us off!

And Yardiff, the image is of just one of my robot personas and her human disguise rather than a tarot image. :D

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
What do you guys think of ISTJs? As friends? In relationships? As family? Etc...
In Socionics this is a very psychologically comfortable relationship type, called Relations of Mirage

These relations also exist between INTJs and ENFPs, and INFJs and ENTPs, hence why these types often get pulled to each other.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ha it all starts to make sense. I think my partner is an ESFP. He's never wanted to settle with anyone in the past before he met me. female ISTJ) Now he claims his love and wants to get married and all that jazz. Well he says he does and I have to believe him I suppose. The only problem I have with him is that I find it incredibly hard to trust him because he's such a sociable creature and enjoys being with friends, chatting to strangers without me there. He seems to like his space and freedom. After arguing about it ALOT, we are finally starting to compromise. Been together for 13 months. Been very rocky, but we cant seem to stay mad at each other for long when we are in each others company.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a good esfp friend, and when I would go visit her we could watch TV together very nicely. I could comment on a character and she would be thinking the same thing. We would finish each others' sentences. My brother said we were like an old married couple.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm glad to have the ISTJ friends that I do, we can constantly grow off each other.
If I'm not mistaken most ISTJ ends up having a semi alfa side, it's not clear to me because of their introverted side, and not being able to completely express themselves right away...it can be draining from what I've gathered (This subject of beta/alpha in mbti has fascinated me for a while)

I appreciate ISTJ shadowing with iFeN because ESFP shadow with eTiN. Connecting our minds I feel we can rely on our strengths and weakness to grow as 'The Artist and the Performer.' I find both ST and SF having trouble motivating themselves based on having a weak sense of intuition.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts