Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ESFP men, do you ever feel insecure about your masculinity?

I wonder if it's an effort to deny the Feeling and be something closer to the social idea of what a man "should" be like.

I came across this in a random profile & it seems true from my observations:

The characteristics usually linked to ESFPs are considered more traditionally female than male, such as "works well with children" and "enjoys serving others" as well as "conflict-avoidant" and "fuzzy-headed." As a result, when a male ESFP demonstrates some or all of those traits, his masculinity may be suspect. Because of their tendency to be somewhat abrupt and quick-spoken, ESFPs can be seen at first blush and harsh--although in the long run, they are caring and sensitive--so an ESFP male sometimes must work harder at giving in to his natural "soft" side without feeling his masculinity is threatened.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well, i do still notice myself trying to hide the fact that I'm crying in movies, like at the end of Toy Story 3. So I guess I sorta unconsciously do that sometimes. I don't really think about it much, though.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,547 Posts
I cry at movies too haha, I try to keep it hidden as much as possible. I use to keep it from all my guy friends as much as possible about how much of a softy I can be, I was never afraid to keep it from girls though. It just depends on what group of friends I'm around. If I'm out with my bro's I'm not gonna gay it up and ruin their night.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If I'm out with my bro's I'm not gonna gay it up and ruin their night.
Ok...i just spit my diet coke through my nose. OMG...that was hilarious. I'm an ENFJ and feel the same. My best friend is an ESFP and cries easily too...if he's around me anyway. Shoot - we meet for breakfast and coffee some mornigns and it's not uncommon for he and I to cry during our conversations. Bunch of softies we are. LOL

Great question though. I hide the things that are not stereo-typcial MALE but not as much the older i get. These days i'm pretty much "fuck it".

·
Registered
500 Posts
Now we're partying up in here in the ESFP lounge, LOL .. spitting diet coke through body holes.. and 2..3..4... ker plueyyyyyy

·
Registered
11 Posts
question my masculinity? couldnt really put it like that....i tend to surround myself with girls and the cling to me....so i guess i feel masculine in that sense...but yea i understand what you mean about being soft at times when other "Big manly men" show no emotion....but hey girls love it when i show my emotion....so i guess it makes me feel alright?

·
Registered
500 Posts
question my masculinity? couldnt really put it like that....i tend to surround myself with girls and the cling to me....so i guess i feel masculine in that sense...but yea i understand what you mean about being soft at times when other "Big manly men" show no emotion....but hey girls love it when i show my emotion....so i guess it makes me feel alright?
I would think you guys could get all the girls ..
or do you find uyourself in friend zone

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would think you guys could get all the girls ..
or do you find uyourself in friend zone
well i guess i technically could...but i have had a girlfriend for the past 2 and a half years....she has to fight them away XD at least thats what she says.....so i dont really try to get the girls...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts