Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,I've been around here for a while now and I made a few pretty successful typing threads which yielded some very helpful responses.There were many suggestions,like ESFP,ESTP,ENFP,ESFJ ,but people suggesting ESFP seemed quite assured,so I went along with that.Still,I'm a bit sceptical and I'd be really happy if you could offer me some new opinions.

Here are the questionnaire answers:
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.I'm an 18 year old girl,probably stressed,but I've always been 'stressed',in a way.I think it's possible that I have a personality disorder,but I'm not sure which one and I'm still quite young (traits of avoidant,histrionic,narcissistic,borderline).My current state of mind is something that feels really uncomfortable,but doesn't really feel like anything,if that makes any sense.No emotion,but still negative somehow.I feel that way at times,but it goes away quickly,it doesn't even stay long enough for me yo define it.

2. Study these two images*here*and*here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
:confused:I'm really not good at this.I guess I prefer the first one because of it's colours.It's simply nicer to look at,the second one is kind of gross,no idea why.I always wondered how can people look at a picture and tell the whole story about it or say how it makes them feel in detail.I mean,I could make stuff up,but it would be forced.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?If I were to introduce myself to someone in a letter,I'd probably lie a lot,so I'm not gonna go with that here.Honestly,I think that my most prominent traits are insecurity,lazyness,carefree attitude no matter what and a lot of weird optimism and high expectations.Some would say I'm feeling entitled and care about superficial things way too much,but everything is superficial if you ask me so I don't think I'm any worse than others in that area.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
I'd like to be someone interesting,admirable,beautiful,clever,deeply loved,inspiring,tragic,envied,notorious (preferably,but not necessarily all of these together).I just like it,probably because of insecurity though,but so what?There are worse things than that.
I'd hate being really average or seen as weak,fearful and powerless which is really weird because now when I think of it that's exactly what one part of me wants,so I don't really know:unsure:

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
I think people don't know how insecurity driven and thin skinned I really am.Why?I don't tell them,if I don't get desperate.Sometimes when I do tell them I find a way to correct myself later.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the*Value Test*and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2. 1. Beauty(16 votes)2. Majesty(14 votes)3. Persuasiveness(13 votes)4. Celebrity(13 votes)5. Resourcefulness(11 votes)6. Health(11 votes)7. Charm(11 votes)8. Adoration(11 votes)9. Ambition(10 votes)10. Affection(9 votes)11. Amusement(8 votes)12. Adaptability(6 votes)13. Belonging(5 votes)14. Persistence(5 votes)15. Extravagance(5 votes)16. Inspiration(2 votes)17. Success(2 votes)18. Wittiness(1 vote).These are my test results.
I guess I got that from my dad who was afraid I was too passive.He claims he tried to make me different,but only fear of being inferior and ignored motivated me when I was little.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?Well,2 years ago me and my dad had to move away from his parents' house and he got married later.I hate my stepmother and I go to my grandma's place almost every day and spend my weekends there too.I don't think there is a way to deal with her.She is jealous and she always will be.We have no problems as long as we don't talk about anything important and that's fine with me,but I can't forgive her trying to turn my dad against me.Anyways,our fights could be an example of a more specific unknown situation because I never had real fights before her.It feels natural though,for some reason.All I do is yell louder than her and cry way more because I know it will be forgiven.After all,she's way older and more easily replaced than his only child.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.I don't think I consciously feel stress.I guess I just stop thinking about everything and withdraw into the world of light hearted TV shows and forget all about my existence.I even take on personalities of characters at times.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
I get all bubbly and loud,start singing,dancing around a bit and stuff like that:laughing:I also get this incredible confidence and positivity and start making highly ambitious plans for near future.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
Group is scary and one on one is pointless.I hate groups because I truly hate competition.One on one makes me feel like I'm the #1,but it doesn't give me all that I need and I sometimes reveal too much.I often have desire to talk to a group,but I don't have anything to say,fear I'll look stupid or I'm afraid of being ignored.I think most people are ignored most of the time,but they just don't get it or don't care.Actually,I noticed people embarrass themselves all the time and not even in a good way and I truly look down on them for that.I'd never want anyone to feel that way about me.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?I don't really care that much.I only don't like embarrassing myself.If I forget to say 'please' or 'thanks' to someone,I can obsess over it like a crazy person,but that doesn't mean I deem these phrases subjectively important.I generally dislike anything overly altruistic and dumb claims like "Everyone is special" and stuff about kindness and selflessness paying off because they are clearly and measurably not true.
As for traditions,I kind of like them ,they give me a sense of comfort.
Btw,I'd never date a guy shorter than me even if he was perfect in every other area and guy always has to pay on a date till the moving in stage.It has something to do with this,am I right?:unsure:

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
I'm afraid of it:laughing:I hate seeing the police and I go out of a store pretty quickly if there are many security guards and salespeople walking around(even when I'm not shoplifting).When I'm talking to someone like that or a teacher,my voice automatically gets more quiet and sweet sounding,kind of like shy little girl's voice.I never noticed it before other people mentioned it lol.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?*
I don't think about that all that much.I guess my room could be describes as chaotic when there are no visitors.I don't make any real plans or try to get things around me to be all perfect,but I don't think I'm generally super chaotic,but I never understood people obsessed with any kind of order.For example,my best friend can't study or write her homework if she doesn't have everything neatly written in a notebook and highlighted in like 10 different colors.Also,her room has to be relatively tidy for her to concentrate.I just don't get it and I get like this little guy:rolleyes: when someone says something like that.I always assume they are just trying to pull off that little miss/mister perfect thing.It's hard for me to believe it's genuine.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
I mostly fear failure,rejection and according to my dad,growing up.I guess it's all the same fear,don't know how I'd call it though.I never wanted independence,I always desired being taken care of in some way.I love my family being overprotective and people treating me like a child.I hate hearing that I'm a grown up.
I guess I just try to avoid things I fear and or I try to create some crazy ideas to deal with them.It usually doesn't work very well because I'm too aware of reality and I always trust what others say about me.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
I think it's already said in what kind of person do you want to be and I don't like repeating myself,it annoys people.I'd just add that I also crave one real,unconditional love with a person who is just like me.It would be us against the world kind of thing.I know it's really dumb,but still.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
I get energised by loud music,talking to people about fun stuff,arguing,yelling,cycling,shoplifting,shopping,getting my hair done and many other things.Being really bored and staying indoors for more than a couple of days drains me,I guess.Having to study kind of drains me too,but not always (mostly just maths).I also get 'drained' by having to talk about dumb stuff,but I'm not sure if it drains me or just annoys me.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as theKeys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.I'm really bored and feeling down and in those situations I get the need for some kind of existence confirmation.I forget things pretty quickly.Like,if someone doesn't tell me I'm something every day,I stop considering that trait mine.I hate doing tests because they are soooo easily manipulated and I really want to be a xNTx:laughing:Dreams shattered long time ago.I don't know what I really am,I can relate to anything if I really want to,but I soon find out what I'm doing and get depressed which is why I avoid self typing.I think I'm a 3w4 or a 4w3 though:proud:

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?
I'm definitely selfish and have no problem with that,but I can't bring myself to hurt people if they don't have enemy status,so I create a conflict before telling anyone how I feel.
I have a quite high pain empathy and emotional contagion,but I rarely really feel deeply sorry for people or want to help them.I just get the urge to run away when someone is not feeling well.Btw,helping anyone,even with small things,makes me feel defeated,like I'm giving someone something precious I'll never get back.
Also,I love making people know I'm very squeamish and get sick and faint easily:proud: lol.I know it hasn't much to do with type,but I'm curious about what type is most likely to be all like "Oh,I'm about faint!" while waving a piece of paper pretending it's a fancy hand fan.I'm even silly to myself,but I can't help it.Weird.

Thanks in advance for reading all this!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
you seem very self orientated with feelings so, Fi must be up there as dom or aux. **FP for sure. You sound extroverted though so most likely Fi is your aux.

For Se/Ne, you didnt mention any idea or possibility so I'd guess you are more the sensor type. Esfp seems correct.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you seem very self orientated with feelings so, Fi must be up there as dom or aux. **FP for sure. You sound extroverted though so most likely Fi is your aux.

For Se/Ne, you didnt mention any idea or possibility so I'd guess you are more the sensor type. Esfp seems correct.
I guess I agree with not being a Ne dominant,but I'm not sure about Fi being stronger than Fe.It seems like they are both weak and strong at the same time.My F function is the most confusing one,I think.

Thanks for replying:wink:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I reckon you're either ISFP or ESTP. I'm ESFP and all your answers were very relatable to me apart from the ones about social situations.

I love being centre of attention; I get a massive buzz off of it, even if it's for a negative reason. I'm very open about how self-absorbed I am, although I do hate when people judge me for it.

What you said about finding groups scary is an obvious trait of introversion.

But if you believe that you're more of an extrovert then I think the main thing you need to question is how expressive you are in terms of your emotions. I pretend I'm a massive ice queen when in reality I sometimes do care about other people's feelings. Though this side of me usually comes out only when things get out of hand. That's when drama queen mode comes out too.

How well do you take to criticism? If you can't even deal with the constructive kind, you're a feeler.

Remember most women are feelers so that's something to put into perspective as well.

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't like attention as much as I hate others getting it.Since others getting attention is inevitable,I guess I do feel the need to get more than them,but the only problem is that sometimes I'm too afraid to get it or maybe afraid of not getting the amount I want even if I tried,I'm not sure.I have this thing with never wanting people to know I failed at anything.That's why I have to be very subtle when trying in the first place,so I look as if I don't give a shit.

I also noticed I rarely get hurt by people actually trying to hurt me and that's because most of them don't know my weak spots.They think calling me things like selfish or bitchy and gossiping about me will make me feel bad when in reality ignoring me would be waaaay smarter.Calling me names makes me laugh on the inside and gives me a huge confidence boost.

And I HATE constructive criticism.I kind of enjoy other types of criticism.

·
Registered
Retired
7,007 Posts
I don't like attention as much as I hate others getting it.Since others getting attention is inevitable,I guess I do feel the need to get more than them,but the only problem is that sometimes I'm too afraid to get it or maybe afraid of not getting the amount I want even if I tried,I'm not sure.I have this thing with never wanting people to know I failed at anything.That's why I have to be very subtle when trying in the first place,so I look as if I don't give a shit.

I also noticed I rarely get hurt by people actually trying to hurt me and that's because most of them don't know my weak spots.They think calling me things like selfish or bitchy and gossiping about me will make me feel bad when in reality ignoring me would be waaaay smarter.Calling me names makes me laugh on the inside and gives me a huge confidence boost.

And I HATE constructive criticism.I kind of enjoy other types of criticism.
I'd go with ESFP mostly based on this. I think it's kinda misleading when people make generalities that all ESFPs like attention in the straightforward sense of being the center of attention, but I can relate this mentality to pretty much all the ESFPs that I've met, maybe not always liking to be the center of attention so much as wanting that feedback from others, wanting to hear other peoples' thoughts be they positive or negative, as long as it's not judgmental. I think @Fat Bozo put it well in one of his videos, when he said, and I'm sure I don't have the words verbatim, but he pretty much said, "I want to hear your feedback even if it's 'I hate you!' or 'you suck!' because a slap in the face is better than being ignored."

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd go with ESFP mostly based on this. I think it's kinda misleading when people make generalities that all ESFPs like attention in the straightforward sense of being the center of attention, but I can relate this mentality to pretty much all the ESFPs that I've met, maybe not always liking to be the center of attention so much as wanting that feedback from others, wanting to hear other peoples' thoughts be they positive or negative, as long as it's not judgmental. I think @Fat Bozo put it well in one of his videos, when he said, and I'm sure I don't have the words verbatim, but he pretty much said, "I want to hear your feedback even if it's 'I hate you!' or 'you suck!' because a slap in the face is better than being ignored."
Why is it such an ESFP thing liking attention/feedback?Is it Se or what?Also,I'm interested in Fe/Fi,Te/Ti differences and how they apply to me.

·
Registered
Retired
7,007 Posts
Why is it such an ESFP thing liking attention/feedback?Is it Se or what?Also,I'm interested in Fe/Fi,Te/Ti differences and how they apply to me.
I think it's a mixture of Se and Te, because Se types like to interact with the external, and Te types, do like to hear other people's thoughts in terms of what they think is logical, etc. I hear a lot of, especially TJ types that say things like "This person has done (insert stupid action here) does that make sense to you?"

Reactions: Fern

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it's a mixture of Se and Te, because Se types like to interact with the external, and Te types, do like to hear other people's thoughts in terms of what they think is logical, etc. I hear a lot of, especially TJ types that say things like "This person has done (insert stupid action here) does that make sense to you?"
I kind of get it,but I feel like I generally don't use that much Te,not as much as Ti and I think I actually somewhat lack Fi ,so I'd say ESTP is a better fit.I may be wrong about lacking Fi though,but I'm not sure.A person on another typing thread made a list of things in OP's post that are pretty much the opposite of what Fi does and I can relate to almost all of those things.

·
Registered
ENTP 6w7-9w8-3w4 so/sx
798 Posts
(I'm going on gut feeling here.) Se is definitely pretty prominent. Your posts seem to suggest Fi/Te over Ti/Fe, so I'd go with ESFP over ESTP. (Granted, I started skimming after the one-third mark.)

I kind of get it,but I feel like I generally don't use that much Te,not as much as Ti and I think I actually somewhat lack Fi ,so I'd say ESTP is a better fit.I may be wrong about lacking Fi though,but I'm not sure.A person on another typing thread made a list of things in OP's post that are pretty much the opposite of what Fi does and I can relate to almost all of those things.
Out of curiousity, what were those things?

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
(I'm going on gut feeling here.) Se is definitely pretty prominent. Your posts seem to suggest Fi/Te over Ti/Fe, so I'd go with ESFP over ESTP. (Granted, I started skimming after the one-third mark.)

Out of curiousity, what were those things?
Basically things about not really having strong inner values,being concerned with how things look rather than what they are inside,more about effect than cause,etc.

·
Registered
941 Posts
@Living dead

When I'm talking to someone like that or a teacher,my voice automatically gets more quiet and sweet sounding,kind of like shy little girl's voice.I never noticed it before other people mentioned it lol.
^^^(this happens to me all the time!!! except I don't sound like a little girl xd)

I think people don't know how insecurity driven and thin skinned I really am.Why?I don't tell them,if I don't get desperate.Sometimes when I do tell them I find a way to correct myself later.
I mostly fear failure,rejection and according to my dad,growing up.I guess it's all the same fear,don't know how I'd call it though.I never wanted independence,I always desired being taken care of in some way.I love my family being overprotective and people treating me like a child.I hate hearing that I'm a grown up.
I'm definitely selfish and have no problem with that,but I can't bring myself to hurt people if they don't have enemy status,so I create a conflict before telling anyone how I feel.
I have a quite high pain empathy and emotional contagion,but I rarely really feel deeply sorry for people or want to help them.I just get the urge to run away when someone is not feeling well.Btw,helping anyone,even with small things,makes me feel defeated,like I'm giving someone something precious I'll never get back.
I get energised by loud music,talking to people about fun stuff,arguing,yelling,cycling,shoplifting,shopping ,getting my hair done and many other things.Being really bored and staying indoors for more than a couple of days drains me,I guess.Having to study kind of drains me too,but not always (mostly just maths).I also get 'drained' by having to talk about dumb stuff,but I'm not sure if it drains me or just annoys me.
I don't really care that much.I only don't like embarrassing myself.If I forget to say 'please' or 'thanks' to someone,I can obsess over it like a crazy person,but that doesn't mean I deem these phrases subjectively important.I generally dislike anything overly altruistic and dumb claims like "Everyone is special" and stuff about kindness and selflessness paying off because they are clearly and measurably not true.
As for traditions,I kind of like them ,they give me a sense of comfort.
do you think you're ESFJ?

·
Registered
941 Posts
ESFJ is definitely a possibility,a very possible one actually.I can also relate to ENFJ functions though.
well you stick to traditions, said yourself you value superficial things like beauty, do all that singing and dancing stuff, and get your hair done... idk! you're also afraid to grow up. seems like you are more comfortable with the old and normal

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well you stick to traditions, said yourself you value superficial things like beauty, do all that singing and dancing stuff, and get your hair done... idk! you're also afraid to grow up. seems like you are more comfortable with the old and normal
I definitely do love my comfort zone.I don't even know why would anyone WANT to get out of their comfort zone,it's called 'comfort' for a reason.
I guess I'll look into ESFJ a bit more.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Man, those are some weird questions. I wouldn't be able to answer most of them. "How do you perceive [blah]?" I dunno, I just DO. :tongue:

I think it's a mistake to try to match every facet of a person to a specific Jungian function. Especially since there is so much disagreement about what each one means anyway. Rarely on type forums do people actually quote Jung, they're going off someone else's interpretations of Jung and don't usually cite their sources so it ends up very confusing and people ending up comparing apples and oranges a lot. I definitely don't think trying to figure out how much Fe Fi Fo Fum you use is a good way to arrive at type.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts