Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP | 1w9 6w7 4w3 sp/sx (phobic 6)
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about 2 weeks away from graduating from college, but I'm behind on a few papers and projects. If I don't get them done or get motivated to that point of need, then I can basically kiss graduation goodbye. So please my fellow ESFPs what motivates or stimulates you to do work or get work done? I need help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I try to think of what I will gain from studying. I'm also studying and often times don't feel like doing it at all. Then I remind myself that when I study I move closer to graduation and that motivates me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You need to cut out other things in your life right now. What distracts me from studying is usually outside pressure. People telling me that I don't need to study and that I should hangout. It's just one hangout, it's just one night, you can study tomorrow. All these people don't really care about you or you haven't communicated to them how important this is to you. Graduating from college is a big step. Sometimes ESFP's need to be a little more introspective and take a look at what is important to them. If graduating is important to you then let your performance show it.

The biggest barrier, to me, is starting and gathering all my resources. For every paper and project, write out exactly what needs to be done for each item. Then you will be able to see what step you are on and how to continue from there. Step back and take a look at the big picture, then use your ESFP skills to hone in on one at a time. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to cut out other things in your life right now. What distracts me from studying is usually outside pressure. People telling me that I don't need to study and that I should hangout. It's just one hangout, it's just one night, you can study tomorrow. All these people don't really care about you or you haven't communicated to them how important this is to you. Graduating from college is a big step. Sometimes ESFP's need to be a little more introspective and take a look at what is important to them. If graduating is important to you then let your performance show it.

The biggest barrier, to me, is starting and gathering all my resources. For every paper and project, write out exactly what needs to be done for each item. Then you will be able to see what step you are on and how to continue from there. Step back and take a look at the big picture, then use your ESFP skills to hone in on one at a time. Good luck.
I cut out playing mafia on this site. I cut out playing D&D with my friends on Tuesday nights. I cut out being a part of Swing Dance club and hip hop dance team. I cut meals sometimes, but I probably shouldn't really be doing that so much.

Starting and restarting after I have taken a break from whatever I am working on is always the hardest step. Now, I need to cut out anime and netflix watching and facebook gaming. Then I'll be all set. I also do some FPS gaming, but that's how I constantly let off my anger or steam so I can't get rid of that unless I don't mind letting my anger off on the wrong person.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've met ESFPs answering in INTJ threats so HERE I AM MOUWAHAHAH!

Umm just think about it this way:
Papers=Graduation.
That's it.
Get yourself together and FINISH them young lady!
*welcomes the fascinating INTJ creature to stay as long as she likes*

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I try to think of what I will gain from studying. I'm also studying and often times don't feel like doing it at all. Then I remind myself that when I study I move closer to graduation and that motivates me.
I'll try that, but all my worries and fears will start to set in and make it hard for me to get started because I want everything to be perfect, but "perfect" is unobtainable.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Thinking about all the additional work I'll have to do later by not working now- works, almost, every time.

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
So I'm about 2 weeks away from graduating from college, but I'm behind on a few papers and projects. If I don't get them done or get motivated to that point of need, then I can basically kiss graduation goodbye. So please my fellow ESFPs what motivates or stimulates you to do work or get work done? I need help.
For once think about what is after. YOU WANT TO AFFORD ALL THAT UPCOMING FUN RIGHT ?

So just do it. Get it done, graduate, gg

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Nothing did for schoolwork other than just fear of my father. For my current job, I'm mostly motivated by my belief that I need to still provide for my son until he's 18. And I just bought a new car so now I need to keep my job so I can afford to pay it off.

·
Registered
894 Posts
lol let me know when you figure it out /end sarcasm

I think just the end goal in mind and not wanting to be miserable and stressed at the deadline....I tell myself this all the time,but I never learn, so.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.