Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can never find anything positive when I search for stories about ESFPxINTJ and it is alarming!
I feel like INTJ's find ESFP's annoying which makes me sad...

Anyhow, my boyfriend is an INTJ. It's very obvious at times. While we have had our share of bickering, a good 3 years has drained that gross stuff out of us.
I've never felt happier with anybody else. And it's not just me. I wake up to goodmorning texts that are ended with a lovely compliment. He loves to tell his friends about me. When we were a couple of silly 16 year olds (I'm almost 20 now if that needs to be known) he'd share my pictures on facebook.
He also loves to get me started on things. I've been told to shut up enough times in my life that I get a little embarrassed when I go on and on about something. But he gives me a push and I just spill out anything I'm thinking about and he finds it interesting. Says he's in love with my mind.
I could tell you everything I love about him, but I don't want anyone to hurl at the mushiness.

To sum it all up: Is ESFPxINTJ really all that unbelievable? I've never felt so one with someone before besides my INFP best friend who is literally just the introverted version of me.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Welp it's pretty odd as a pairing but nothing is impossible. According to socionics INTJ is ESFP's perfect match.

That said, ENFPs and INTJs are usually the ones infatuated with each other, and the fact that your INFP friend is like the introverted version of you tells me you might in fact be ENFP.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes I think I could be an ENFP. But the tests seem consistent with giving me ESFP. The only other answer I've gotten is ESFJ.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think you're talking about the MBTI types. If it is so, INTJ and ESFP are definitely not much compatible, but when it comes to Socionics, as far as I know, they can make a good match.

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
ESTP?
7,099 Posts
I'm more 'logical' than 'ethical' (supposedly), and I still seek out INTJs over INFJs. I dunno, I get on well with them both, but seem to like INTJs more. I think an Fe-Dom or Aux would get too annoying for me after a while. And smother me. And that Te would help me organize my crap.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
To sum it all up: Is ESFPxINTJ really all that unbelievable? I've never felt so one with someone before besides my INFP best friend who is literally just the introverted version of me.
No, I don't think it's unbelievable at all. Looking back on my past, I think I've had a few ESFP be attracted to me but for a variety of reasons I'd be steered away from them.

Now that I'm free from manipulation I agree that INTJ x ESFP types can form a great relationship.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
ESFPs and INTJs actually use the same functions .
I'm not sure what that means though....Maybe if the individuals are mature, a relationship like that could work.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I know of an ESFP + INTJ couple who were married for many, many years. The INTJ ended up hitting a bunch of rough spots and became very unhealthy over the course of years, and they ended up going their separate ways and eventually divorcing. But he also told me that he loved being married, and he thought his wife was so fun-loving, funny, and creative. He said he would've kept trying.

Their relationship didn't work out, but I think there was something there. Sounded like the INTJ I knew still thought so, too.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
The only interaction I've witnessed between an ESFP and INTJ is a good friend and a best friend of mine. Both female, and while we all get along very well, I've noticed I get along better with the both of them one on one. The ESFP and INTJ tend to clash a lot since my ESFP friend is very talkative and forces things out of people (opinions, reasons for saying something, just generally a bit 'pushy') and the INTJ is more reserved and ...pretty much very opposite to her.

my INTJ friend enjoys her time alone from what I can tell and my ESFP friend takes this personally, where as I don't really. There are a lot of differences between the two types, but I think even though the pairing is viewed in such a negative light BECAUSE of the differences, that those differences can also be a reason that the two can get along so well. It entirely depends on the individuals at hand and how much they appreciate differences in others. Some people like being with people that are very similar to them, while others enjoy the contrast of people who are almost opposite to them, or just generally different. :)

Reactions: Ryosuke93

·
Registered
912 Posts
KAYIFF, there are actually plenty of INTJ and ESFP stories online. So much that I think it's one of the stronger, more logical-sounding Socionics duality pairs.

As for me, an INFP, I have yet to encounter an ESTJ I could see myself getting along with. :-/ And I really love MBTI-types that have Se, it's like the one function I really want to develop besides Te. (Both of which ESFPs have, which is why I'm so drawn to them).

Reactions: dulcinea

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
KAYIFF, there are actually plenty of INTJ and ESFP stories online. So much that I think it's one of the stronger, more logical-sounding Socionics duality pairs.

As for me, an INFP, I have yet to encounter an ESTJ I could see myself getting along with. :-/ And I really love MBTI-types that have Se, it's like the one function I really want to develop besides Te. (Both of which ESFPs have, which is why I'm so drawn to them).
So are you saying you wouldn't be able to get along with this guy?:

:)

Reactions: Seamaid

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
↑ @Yeahright you have a lot to learn. If you can't spot the difference between an ES_P and an ESTJ then you may be beyond saving. :laughing: Both Dean Winchester and the actor Jensen Ackles are ESTJ. ESTJ women tend to be very attractive and the dudes are stereotypically pretty manly. I would date an attractive ESTJ lady in an instant, but I'm not a typist so... :p

Reactions: Seamaid

·
Registered
912 Posts
↑ @Yeahright you have a lot to learn. If you can't spot the difference between an ES_P and an ESTJ then you may be beyond saving. :laughing: Both Dean Winchester and the actor Jensen Ackles are ESTJ. ESTJ women tend to be very attractive and the dudes are stereotypically pretty manly. I would date an attractive ESTJ lady in an instant, but I'm not a typist so... :p
Hmm... how funny. My best friend who's ENTJ is totally in love with Jensen Ackles. I've never seen the show so I'm going to guess he's the perfect mix of pretty boy looks with masculine manliness, because she doesn't fantasize about being the dominant one (despite having to be so in real life). She and I have completely different tastes in men. Ackles is flawlessly handsome but draws a 'meh' from me compared to the more boyish-cute-looking soccer player Karim Benzema (ISTP, I'm guessing). Another actor who looks more interesting than model-pretty is Robert Mitchum (ESTP?) and that's the kind of man who makes me weak in the knees. But yeah... despite that, SPs will probably eat me for breakfast, while the STJs will take care of me for life... :-/

Reactions: MNiS

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I'd have to say the same to you. Dean is not an ESTJ and neither is Jensen. I'm not sure if you've met any SJs if you think Dean is one. His temperament could not get any more SP. Laughing at people and implying they're dumb is a pretty lame way of trying to prove a point. Frankly, it's a cop out. And I wonder how on earth you as an INTJ believe yourself better at spotting SP's than an actual SP? Se is pretty much meant for reading people as it is an objective perceiving function. Then again I've never in my life met an INTJ who could admit they were wrong. I don't know why I expect better from people from the internet.

The only reason people think Dean is SJ is because he is "dutiful" to his dad. His dad and his brother the only family he has left, of course he's going to be clingy toward him. You're confusing circumstance with actual cognitive function.

Anyway I don't think we need to derail yet another thread. Talking to a brick wall is more fruitful than trying to convince Ni that it is incorrect.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
Hmm... how funny. My best friend who's ENTJ is totally in love with Jensen Ackles. I've never seen the show so I'm going to guess he's the perfect mix of pretty boy looks with masculine manliness, because she doesn't fantasize about being the dominant one (despite having to be so in real life). She and I have completely different tastes in men. Ackles is flawlessly handsome but draws a 'meh' from me compared to the more boyish-cute-looking soccer player Karim Benzema (ISTP, I'm guessing). Another actor who looks more interesting than model-pretty is Robert Mitchum (ESTP?) and that's the kind of man who makes me weak in the knees. But yeah... despite that, SPs will probably eat me for breakfast, while the STJs will take care of me for life... :-/
I had to look up the two people you mentioned. I'd agree that Karim Benzema is an ISTP... he kind of reminds me of Lex Luthor from the cartoon Superman series. XD I'm not sure about Robert Mitchum but you may be right and he could very well be an ESTP.

Also, I'd say your conclusion is absolutely correct. SPs might be a little too rough and tumble for you and an STJ would be much gentler.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
I'd have to say the same to you. Dean is not an ESTJ and neither is Jensen. I'm not sure if you've met any SJs if you think Dean is one. His temperament could not get any more SP. Laughing at people and implying they're dumb is a pretty lame way of trying to prove a point. Frankly, it's a cop out. And I wonder how on earth you as an INTJ believe yourself better at spotting SP's than an actual SP? Se is pretty much meant for reading people as it is an objective perceiving function. Then again I've never in my life met an INTJ who could admit they were wrong. I don't know why I expect better from people from the internet.
I wasn't implying you're dumb. I was just saying you're just completely wrong about his type. I watch the show fairly often (it's on right when I got home from work) and both the character and actor are ESTJ. I think the writers may be SP and INFJ though because they write stuff that's made him actually cringe on camera for having to say. :p Anyways, instead of trying to discredit me, why don't you provide some proof other than a, "because I said so" mentality? ;)

The only reason people think Dean is SJ is because he is "dutiful" to his dad. His dad and his brother the only family he has left, of course he's going to be clingy toward him. You're confusing circumstance with actual cognitive function.

Anyway I don't think we need to derail yet another thread. Talking to a brick wall is more fruitful than trying to convince Ni that it is incorrect.
Also, he doesn't display any Se, just a lot of Te and Si. I think you're confusing a real ESTJ 8 with an SP. They can seem SP-ish because an ESTJ 8 is an extreme body type and can be very physical.

Also, have you seen the few episodes of Supernatural where the actors themselves are interviewed so you can get to know them? Ackles is an obvious ESTJ if you watch his interviews. I'd also say Sam Winchester is an INF of some kind (probably INFP) and the actor who plays him Jared Padalecki is probably also an INFP.

But you're right, we should stop derailing this thread.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I wasn't implying you're dumb. I was just saying you're just completely wrong about his type. I watch the show fairly often (it's on right when I got home from work) and both the character and actor are ESTJ. I think the writers may be SP and INFJ though because they write stuff that's made him actually cringe on camera for having to say. :p Anyways, instead of trying to discredit me, why don't you provide some proof other than a, "because I said so" mentality? ;)
I've written in-depth posts on both Jensen and Dean. I'll show them to you if you show me yours first. Jensen is an ISTP not ESTJ.

Also, he doesn't display any Se, just a lot of Te and Si. I think you're confusing a real ESTJ 8 with an SP. They can seem SP-ish because an ESTJ 8 is an extreme body type and can be very physical.
I'm sorry but uh, what? Are you sure you've hung around any Se-doms? Because they act exactly like he does. He doesn't act like an SJ. STJs are quite rigid.

Also, have you seen the few episodes of Supernatural where the actors themselves are interviewed so you can get to know them? Ackles is an obvious ESTJ if you watch his interviews. I'd also say Sam Winchester is an INF of some kind (probably INFP) and the actor who plays him Jared Padalecki is probably also an INFP.

But you're right, we should stop derailing this thread.
I've seen Jensen interviewed many times on various shows and also read his interviews, because I was very interested in his type. Plus watched all the DVD extras and all. It took a while to figure out but after I did it seemed quite obvious. And Jared Padalecki is an extrovert. He's not closed-off enough to be an INFP - he's very interactive, and his energy is higher than Jensen's in general. But Sam Winchester is indeed INFJ.

And too late thread derailed. Someone can get it back on topic if they feel like it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts