Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why am I attracted to ESFPs? I use FE TI and NE the most but I ask myself, why am I so interested in SPs? Especially the ESFPs?? Do you have that tendency at all? or maybe just attracted to SPs in general?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I like SPs too. They're artistic and I love that, but for me that has a lot to do with my father being a professional dancer. Plus, artistic girls are deep, and I like to peel back the layers.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like SPs too. They're artistic and I love that, but for me that has a lot to do with my father being a professional dancer. Plus, artistic girls are deep, and I like to peel back the layers.
Aw, that makes sense. My brother is an art teacher and I think it's fantastic.
I wonder to myself "Do NE users ever wish they could experience smells and tastes and beauty the way SE users do?" I confuse myself, because like today when I went outside and enjoyed the snow with my dogs it was great and for a short period I felt like a SE user, but not to long and back in my head. I don't always like that. And it's like I cant help it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Aw, that makes sense. My brother is an art teacher and I think it's fantastic.
I wonder to myself "Do NE users ever wish they could experience smells and tastes and beauty the way SE users do?" I confuse myself, because like today when I went outside and enjoyed the snow with my dogs it was great and for a short period I felt like a SE user, but not to long and back in my head. I don't always like that. And it's like I cant help it.
You do experience them the same way. Everyone is capable of all the cognitive "functions". I don't like to think of them as functions, I'd think of them more as attitudes or preferences: whichever one you choose naturally.

It's not that Se dominants have better senses than us, it's that they're much more likely to be paying attention to the physical environment than we are. So it can seem like they have better senses when in fact they're simply putting in more time in that department. It's pretty easy to miss stuff when you're off in la la land. :cool:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I love ESFPs. Probably the best conversation partner you can have -- you can't have an awkward silence with them even when you're dead tired and on the verge of falling asleep -- and their jokes are sheer madness. They always make me laugh, even on my worst days.

I could never fathom being in a relationship with one, though, unless they had seriously developed T. All the little everyday clashes would drive me batshit insane. Not to mention their ridiculously high F, expecting you to be the same... *shudder*

Reactions: trice

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Yes, I agree ESFP's are sexy as hell, and I'm nearly always attracted to them as well.

Reactions: Dora and trice

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I also love ESFPs but they are dramatic and can be a big pain.

In my opinion, esfp and esfj women are usually drop-dead sexy and intoxicating. Just use your ENTP powers to keep them under control so you don't end up getting manipulated yourself.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I can't say I've ever felt attraction towards an ESFP. SP's are super fun to hang out with, but I'm not sure I see myself ever dating one.

But INTJ's? Oh man, I don't think I've met an INTJ I haven't liked :crazy:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I only know of three ESFPs in my life and I can't say I particularly like any of them. They always misinterpret everything I say and have these weird emotional outbursts where they get all offended about really stupid things and I have to explain that I'm not being mean, they're just overreacting and misinterpreting EVERYTHING. I can handle them in small doses because they do make nice conversation partners sometimes, but too much contact with an ESFP just gets me mad. Or at least that's how it's been with the ESFPs I've known.
I also can't be super attracted to them because they can't have intellectual intercourse with me. Lame. :p

It's all about the xNTJs. Mmmm.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I get attracted to my super-ego relations too. These relations are also called "enigma" or "mystery" because both of you are using completely different functions. Initially this ignites mutual fascination with each other I suppose due to the feeling that the other person is so different from you. Problem is that these relations start off as enigma but even with prolonged exposure to each other they continue being enigma i.e. the understanding between the partners continues to be lacking due to seeing the world through such different cognitive 'lenses'. Your enigma/super-ego relation uses the functions you have the weakest understanding of and may even get annoyed by. From real life experience the two ENTP-ESFP relationships that I've seen both ended and not on a very good note. I'm not aware of any lasting ENTP-ESFP partnerships.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My best friend of 13 years is an ESFP and I can totally see where the attraction lies... She's crazy, always full of positive energy when she's in a group of people, gorgeous, very perceptive about what's going around her, and just really... a fucking magnet. All sorts of people are attracted to her because she can make anyone feel comfortable. She always is making funny noises, expressively telling stories about the insane situations she's gotten herself into, and somehow affectionately calling herself an idiot. And if she doesn't like you, trust me, you know, and she doesn't give a fuck.
Very, very, emotional though once you really get to know her.
Completely illogical at times. She goes on these rants that drive me crazy. But I still love her to death. It's interesting to see ourselves mesh because we have an entirely different sort of intelligence but our overall outlook on life is still sort of 'fuck it'.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
ESFPs and ISFPs: fuck buddies. Nothing more.

And I mean that in the best possible way. Any more would just be a terrible idea, but that much is fun.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My thoughts exactly. Quite often ill have inner dialogue and itll say something sarcasticly stupid... i find esfps quoting that that sarcasticly stupid voice in my head and it drains me of energy and it makes it really hard for me to hang out with them.... i get so mad at their retardation.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Two of my three little sisters are ESFPs. I wouldn't want to live with either of them for the rest of my life. They have huge attitudes and will go off on you for pretty much whatever reason they want. And they won't let it die. Ever. One of my sisters still brings up stuff that happened when we were in elementary school when she gets mad at me. And both of them are the revenge-getting type. Plus nothing is sacred for them. I've been attacked for my religion, my hobbies, my beliefs, I've been called gay (I'm not), fat, ugly, pretty much whatever they can use against me, they will. It's gotten to the point I try not to share anything I actually care about with my family because they always turn around and try to use it against me eventually. Even something as mundane and common as my love of karate, they use it as an insult... It's insane...

They are fun to mess with, though. When they're really mad and having a fit I like to stay perfectly calm and just smile at every insult they throw at me. Then I'll say something very calm and logical and they'll blow up and insult me more and I'll just stand there calm and relaxed and smile at them. It gets them so mad and it's so much fun.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I love ESFPs. Probably the best conversation partner you can have -- you can't have an awkward silence with them even when you're dead tired and on the verge of falling asleep -- and their jokes are sheer madness. They always make me laugh, even on my worst days.

I could never fathom being in a relationship with one, though, unless they had seriously developed T. All the little everyday clashes would drive me batshit insane. Not to mention their ridiculously high F, expecting you to be the same... *shudder*
Thanks for the nice words:proud: True, especially if at the extreme poles, T and F can be extremely frustrating to each other. I suppose we can come across as very irrational and infuriating, why do we keep making choices that are clearly not pragmatic? On the other hand, T can come across to us pretty heartless and not-understanding, and why don't they understand that this is a question of personal values, not going for a better advantage? At that, the thinkers in my life are great with giving solid advice.

I also love ESFPs but they are dramatic and can be a big pain.

In my opinion, esfp and esfj women are usually drop-dead sexy and intoxicating. Just use your ENTP powers to keep them under control so you don't end up getting manipulated yourself.
If you need to keep a partner under control, don't go looking for an ESFP:wink: Live and let live. We like someone to love us and indulge in us and let us be ourselves and are extremely loyal to such and adore them right back. I was in a relationship, where the other tried to keep me in check and though I loved him, it was unbearably hurtful and undermining to my ego.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Why am I attracted to ESFPs? I use FE TI and NE the most but I ask myself, why am I so interested in SPs? Especially the ESFPs?? Do you have that tendency at all? or maybe just attracted to SPs in general?
I like SP's too and I have no clue how to explain it in terms of Meyers Briggs, but I think everyone likes SP's right? They're really likeable. And have you noticed that they can be really hilarious and fun to play off of? I have an esfp friend and we vibe really well.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
When I hang out with esfp's I feel like we are both outgoing free spirits so that's where a lot of the connection comes from. Esfp's don't tend to be too "deep" or out there with their emotions so even though they are feelers they don't drain me the way other extroverted feelers sometimes can.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts