Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ESFP's and I kind of have a love/ hate relationship, so bear with me. My sister represents the darker side of the ESFP for me, but that is due in large part to her being somebody who suffers from bi-polar disorder. On the lighter side, I have one of my best friends who is an ESFP and I admire his ability to not talk badly or hold grudges against anybody. However, there is a trend with both of them with regards to bad dating choices. My sister has been in a relationship with a fairly questionable guy for the past 8 months but has broken up and gotten back together with him 6 times in that span. My friend has been in at least 8 relationships in his life (he's 19) and he always seems to pick women that aren't good for him or turn out to be a little... emotionally unstable. When I confront him about this he hears me out and acknowledges his poor decision making, however he insists that he will keep on dating even after I recommend that he stay single for a while. Both of them seem to need to be in relationships even if it may not be the best thing for them. What are some of your experiences with dating and what is your mindset in looking for a potential boyfriend/girlfriend?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Oh yeah, I love the emotionally unstable chicks too. Keeps the variety in life. :proud:

·
Registered
7 Posts
esfps do not even look at those things that is good or bad. they are sensorial types, not intuitive ppl. thats where they get weak. if u ask me, esfps got to learn by mistakes. many many mistakes. they live for the moment. the less mature they are, the greater will be their tendency to embark on/in risky situations/relationships. they are attracted to dangerous relationships. me too ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
my mindset is I want someone I can have fun with. Funny is HUGE. Just because I am emotional doesn't mean he needs to be all emotional too or "emotionally unstable". In fact, he should be able to control them a little. But a romantic, feeling guy is hot. Also I like someone that can order me around a little because my P makes me so indecisive and along with S (SP) I can make really dumb decisions that I won't foresee. Anyways, gotta be a balance of fun and also taking some responsibility for me. haha. and hot ;) yum

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
So ESFP's and I kind of have a love/ hate relationship, so bear with me. My sister represents the darker side of the ESFP for me, but that is due in large part to her being somebody who suffers from bi-polar disorder. On the lighter side, I have one of my best friends who is an ESFP and I admire his ability to not talk badly or hold grudges against anybody. However, there is a trend with both of them with regards to bad dating choices. My sister has been in a relationship with a fairly questionable guy for the past 8 months but has broken up and gotten back together with him 6 times in that span. My friend has been in at least 8 relationships in his life (he's 19) and he always seems to pick women that aren't good for him or turn out to be a little... emotionally unstable. When I confront him about this he hears me out and acknowledges his poor decision making, however he insists that he will keep on dating even after I recommend that he stay single for a while. Both of them seem to need to be in relationships even if it may not be the best thing for them. What are some of your experiences with dating and what is your mindset in looking for a potential boyfriend/girlfriend?
My boyfriend is xSFP and he's never really had a relationship until me. That said, though. He hit a low point in his life where he had sex with a girl out of loneliness and hoping something could be. Even though it was meaningless to both of them and he knew it.

I myself suffer from serious social anxiety and depression. (I've managed to take control of both and I rarely experience any more issues.) Do you ESFPs have a tendency to try and fix people?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts