Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I often confuse the urge to party with them, with wanting to shoot the fecker for playing their music at 4 in the morning while I try to sleep..

They are an odd bunch. But easily dealt with.
I couldn't have put it better myself, Neph. I enjoy the company of a particular ESFP. He's like a brother to me. I've had to resist the urge to kill him and his friends for keeping me up in the middle of the night.
And as Snail said... in small doses.

I'll most a more detailed scenario, but it's really late now.

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
ESFP's, to me at least, are the life of the party. They bring out the craziness of people. My esfp friends are usually laid back. They live in the moment and not look to the future.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I'm pretty sure I room with one.

Waking up @ 7am to "oontz oontz oontz oontz" can get a little stressful. And, dear God, the emotion. The heart is worn on the sleeve quite a bit but sometimes I'm blindsided by spurts of intellect and keen insight. Days are always interesting if I don't get out of there soon enough.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've had a ESFP friend before, and I liked her well enough....we were actually pretty good friends. But she abruptly decided that I was 'too stand-offish' and began ignoring me so that she could blend in to some other crowd. She was honestly a pretty good person, but I have no interest in changing just for the sake of her image.

I've got nothing against ESFPs though; I actually wish the other girl and I were still on speaking terms, but that was more or less her decision to begin with. They're fun and interesting people, and their spontaneity keeps me from getting too bored. That, and they happen to be my personal opposite.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I only know of one ESFP and she's annoying. That's it. She's the type who will agree with somebody and then when someone disagrees with that person, she'll take the new and improved disagreement. She's always been bouncy and perky (I loathe perky) and she gets in your face. She claimed that I was too uptight about everything, which is a lie due to her inability to read people. Oh and she said that I'm too reserved and I need to party.

We don't talk anymore...

·
Banned
87 Posts
the promoters of the INTP's ideas. I get along great with most ESFP's. I find them fascinating. I think they do all the crazy shit, my introversion prevents me from doing. It's like they live my shadow life. I've done my fare share of crazy. But what is funny is when an ESFP gets all reserved for a bit. I have seen it. I dated this chick for over a year and we had a blast most of the time. I'd come up with fantasies and crazy ideas, like we would be walking and we would role play about being in medieval times. Stupid stuff like that. It was fun. I once took her driving through alleyway's singing Nowhere Man by the Beetle's She really brought me out of my shell. We had a great time together. But she was always open to my ideas no matter how outlandish. I didn't talk to her about math or anything theoretical like that. I respected she wasn't interested. But when it came to coming with ideas, we played off of each other quite well and she would perform them. I could dare her to do things and she would. Off this tangent, I met an ESFP in a bar lately and dared her to grab this girl's ass, well to ask, it came up somehow and she went and asked her. What a riot.

·
Registered
3,573 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
ESFPs are nuts, but the one I know is super-sensitive. It's difficult because she'll get angry at the smallest of things (and the most unimportant of things at least in my view) and I won't know what they are, since she'll assume I know and won't tell me, and when she does, I'll think it's ridiculous. She's a bit self-centered and craves attention and love, so when she doesn't get what she wants, she lashes out or acts cold. She's also extremely narrow-minded and doesn't see the views of others, only her own, so when I voice something that's even only a tad bit different from her beliefs, she immediately criticizes it. (I think she's also part J-type due to this and the fact that she CAN plan things out, but often does things on the fly.) It's aggravating and makes me question my beliefs, which may be a good thing in an N's eyes (want to find a deeper meaning), but hurts my ego. I don't think she realizes how much it pierces me.

On the positive side, she's a ton of fun when she's in a good mood, and does care about others (despite her selfishness), randomly doing nice things for people every once in a while. She's full of life, funny, and very playful. She often takes up the leader position and takes initiative, while I get to be dragged around and not do too much work, which is nice. She's almost like a drug to me...I want to hang with her a lot, but when I do, I become exhausted afterwards...but after resting, I want to spend time with her again. @_x;;

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I think they rock!

Or at least I do. :cool:

·
Banned
1,526 Posts
I've been married to one for over eleven years, so it's hard for me to think of him as just a type. But to him, obviously I am a little partial...

Pros: He is fun. He is always up for fun. If I want to have fun, I know where to turn.
He is sweet without fail. He tells me he loves me a minimum of twenty times a day.
I never have to 'read' him. His emotions, thoughts, and desires are always visible.
Valentine's Day is his favorite holiday.

Cons: I am an INTJ, so, see above. :confused:

We are crazy, but it keeps it interesting. :laughing:

·
Registered
513 Posts
the two i've talked to most recently, i adore. they just don't know it. they can be really annoying, but i never found them to be so. they were being themselves.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hot stuff!

1 - 20 of 381 Posts