Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people believe that ESFP's do not have the ability to discuss deeper concepts. Most people believe that many of the theist and atheist and religion based arguments do not involve ESFP's, which may or may not be true. Okay, getting to the point, what do you think? Do you believe that ESFP's can dig further or are they stuck on the external world? Give me you're opinion, I'm not making this to make arguments, I'm doing this for opinions, for basic understanding about myself and other ESFP's and how we can improve as a personality community.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I think we have the ability to discuss anything, but we are not likely to spend much time discussing things that don't interest us. I've heard some types, like INFJ, say they kept a conversation going for a long time on things they had no interest in because they didn't want to be rude to the other person. I doubt an ESFP would do that.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
Actually, I've done that... continued in a conversation far longer than it maintained my interest because I didn't want to be rude to the other person. I hate to see them looking sad and forlorn, but I don't usually have anything to add to the conversation besides, "yep, you're right." Usually, the person who goes on and on like that is my mother, and I don't want to make her sad by telling her that I am not interested in the topic that she enjoys dissecting.

I think we have the ability to discuss anything, but we are not likely to spend much time discussing things that don't interest us. I've heard some types, like INFJ, say they kept a conversation going for a long time on things they had no interest in because they didn't want to be rude to the other person. I doubt an ESFP would do that.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Actually, I've done that... continued in a conversation far longer than it maintained my interest because I didn't want to be rude to the other person. I hate to see them looking sad and forlorn, but I don't usually have anything to add to the conversation besides, "yep, you're right." Usually, the person who goes on and on like that is my mother, and I don't want to make her sad by telling her that I am not interested in the topic that she enjoys dissecting.
I just change the subject. If at all possible.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
I try really hard to change the subject. My mom is like a pitbull. Once she gets on a topic, she'll dig her teeth in and not let go. I've tried some creative methods of distraction. They work with others, though. I have a friend who goes on and on about politics. After a while, she wears me out. One day, she was making a speech. We were sitting on her porch, and I said, "Is that a Baltimore oriole?" It was. The conversation nicely shifted to birds, and that was a huge relief. Too bad I can't get interesting birds to show up on command, lol.

I just change the subject. If at all possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.