Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm biased, but....

It was an ESFP that first showed me the meaning of what it means when people talk about feeling "alive."

You took my hand,

dragged me into the wilderness.

You smiled at me,

pulled me closer...

told me to close my eyes.

I remember clearly,

you said,

"feel the music,"

And guided my body...

step by step....

beat by beat....

And in that moment,

I fucking lost myself.

Share your stories. ESFPs Rock. <3

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm the only ESFP I know personally :(
Used to be ISTP (long story) but got inspired by an INFJ.

But I love myself, so I got that going for me !

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This thread totally failed. T____T

If I changed the title to "ENFPs rock" we'd have about 101 pages of thread material by now. Guaranteed.

Still, most of that would be made up of love sick "INTJs" looking for their cute lil ENFP-bunny to cuddle *cough cough* hump.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Why do you think ESFPs rock?

Do tell. ^_^ :3
I like your directness and fuck you-attitude (humor), as well as being sensitive, but not forcing it on me. ESFPs may seem like they have an easy time opening up, but I see something more, a mysterious side that I don't quite understand yet. But I want to!

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like your directness and fuck you-attitude (humor), as well as being sensitive, but not forcing it on me. ESFPs may seem like they have an easy time opening up, but I see something more, a mysterious side that I don't quite understand yet. But I want to!
Questions!

1. Why does the "directness" and "fuck-you" attitude appeal to you, specifically?

2. What kind of sensitivity do you perceive?

3. Can you pinpoint this "mysteriousness."

I realize that Ni isn't as straightforward as Se and you are working off impressions. Sometimes INxJs need more data before they can translate what it is they "see".

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
Questions!

1. Why does the "directness" and "fuck-you" attitude appeal to you, specifically?

2. What kind of sensitivity do you perceive?

3. Can you pinpoint this "mysteriousness."

I realize that Ni isn't as straightforward as Se and you are working off impressions. Sometimes INxJs need more data before they can translate what it is they "see".
1. I think our types have similar humor. I don't like when people beat around the bush, and you ESFPs don't seem to be afraid to speak up and say what it's really about.

2. I think you are very emotional, but you don't show it all the time. You just seem happy most of the time, but I know there can be more than that going on.

3. No, I'm still working on it. ;) What I can say is that I think ESFPs have hidden strengths you don't necessarily give off too lightly, you can be very intelligent.

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1. I think our types have similar humor. I don't like when people beat around the bush, and you ESFPs don't seem to be afraid to speak up and say what it's really about.

2. I think you are very emotional, but you don't show it all the time. You just seem happy most of the time, but I know there can be more than that going on.

3. No, I'm still working on it. ;) What I can say is that I think ESFPs have hidden strengths you don't necessarily give off too lightly, you can be very intelligent.
1. We do have a similar humor, definitely. It's that cutting, no-bullshit, snark/sarcasm, lol. I often have my bf (INTJ) on the floor in fits of laughter with my comments. And that is the most animated he ever is, pretty much (apart from when he is in the throes of orgasm, LOL, :p). Similarly, xNTJ humor is the best. Cracks me up, every-time.

2. Correct. ESFPs are capable of feeling deeply; and when it rears it's head, it's very personal, deep-felt, emotion. I have often said, Se-Fi empathy feels more "real" than Ne-Fi, because it's triggered from the individuals personal experiences, as opposed to intuitive projections.

3. I'm glad you mention intelligence. I have been engaged in conversations on this forum recently where I have been told that ESFPs are "incapable of deep or abstract conversations" and, statistically, "have the lowest IQ of all types."

Oh, the irony. :dry:

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
I have been engaged in conversations on this forum recently where I have been told that ESFPs are "incapable of deep or abstract conversations" and, statistically, "have the lowest IQ of all types."

Oh, the irony. :dry:
That's just misguided of them. You pick up on details I miss, good at reading people, and have very interesting thoughts about things.

Oh, something else I like about ESFPs is your ability to naturally draw me out of my mental castle. I feel like I can be myself around you guys.

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's just misguided of them. You pick up on details I miss, good at reading people, and have very interesting thoughts about things.

Oh, something else I like about ESFPs is your ability to naturally draw me out of my mental castle. I feel like I can be myself around you guys.
What kind of thoughts do you find interesting?

Yes, Se is the best at drawing Ni out of the "castle" and into the "other realm." It actually works both ways.

The desire to manifest visions/dreams in reality is as strong as the desire to find depth, and meaning in experience.

Se and Ni are simply two sides of the same coin.

·
Registered
608 Posts
My younger sister is an ESFP. I fucking love her. She's fun, spontaneous, funny (our sense of humor is quite similar), and sweet as well. We really get along well (except for the times I get a little nuts, so that is only because of me). Yes, you ESFPs do rock. :perc2:

·
Registered
288 Posts
ESFP's are the only types that really get me out of my own mind. They can seem wildly intelligent, but they're definitely uncaring about it. They can talk and talk and although they get some facts wrong, they will allow someone to correct them, and would actually like to learn more, but only if they trust in the person's intelligence. Otherwise they resort to teasing and just move on like "was that correction necessary, who cares. I'm telling a story, shu-shush."

The passionate ESFP's you just can't get to shut up. It's so attractive. And they're so open-minded. Just lovely.

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ESFP's are the only types that really get me out of my own mind. They can seem wildly intelligent, but they're definitely uncaring about it. They can talk and talk and although they get some facts wrong, they will allow someone to correct them, and would actually like to learn more, but only if they trust in the person's intelligence. Otherwise they resort to teasing and just move on like "was that correction necessary, who cares. I'm telling a story, shu-shush."

The passionate ESFP's you just can't get to shut up. It's so attractive. And they're so open-minded. Just lovely.
Just going to throw it out there; you seem more INTJ than INTP.

·
Registered
INTJ 5w4 Sx/Sp
2,387 Posts
What kind of thoughts do you find interesting?

Yes, Se is the best at drawing Ni out of the "castle" and into the "other realm." It actually works both ways.

The desire to manifest visions/dreams in reality is as strong as the desire to find depth, and meaning in experience.

Se and Ni are simply two sides of the same coin.
The kind of thoughts that get to the core of things based on pretty acute observations.

I hadn't seen it that way. Care to elaborate how it works both ways, but from your perspective?

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll bite. How so?
INTPs and ESFPs share absolutely no functions. This tends to result in huge communication issues and misunderstandings. They are effectively observing the world from opposite ends of the solar system.

I have found that while the INTP perspective can be rather intriguing, from my perspective, it is rather pointless. In the end, what results is two people, who find each other interesting, yet quickly discard the others perspective/"data," as their psyche finds such information "redundant".

Not sure if im explaining myself properly. >_>

·
Banned
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The kind of thoughts that get to the core of things based on pretty acute observations.

I hadn't seen it that way. Care to elaborate how it works both ways, but from your perspective?
What you wrote in bold makes me smile. It also makes me feel a little emotional because....SOMEBODY UNDERSTANDS!

Hmm. I wish I had a time machine.

Then I could bring back Pythagoras; or an ancient Chinese philosopher/scholar, who believed in the balancing of opposites.

I believe in Jungian terms, it is called, "integrating the shadow."

From my perspective; all I can say is that, it is felt as a deep yearning...

I used to think that I could be "whole" from relying purely on my own strengths. But, this is not necessarily true.

I am part of something bigger.

No person is an "island."

There are those than can complete me, psychologically.

I think of those people as my soul mates.

And all of what I said makes me feel uncomfortable because we are yet to find a way to empirically test for such phenomena.

I just can't deny that it's there.

Because I have experienced it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts