Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This be a romantic/sexual liking to someone. What do you do? Ignore them and try to get them to come to you? Chase after them, and then let them chase after you? Do you tease them? Do you compliment them? What types of clothing do you wear when you know they will be around? List anything you know or you catch yourself doing when you like someone! Thanks!

·
Registered
754 Posts
you listed my list! i don't wear revealing clothing-makes me feel he things I'm cheap/easy.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I normally try to "bait" them in. Like going form friends to more-than-friends. So far it really has been 50-50. And I wear normal clothing around them, though I act more over-the-top!

Reactions: Thomas60

·
Registered
756 Posts
Interesting, I'd definitely like to know more on this topic seeing as I'm trying to figure out if an ESFP likes me or not but it's been about half a year and I'm still as confused as ever because they're super nice to everyone.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If I'm attracted to someone...Well, I find myself smiling and laughing more. I am a master at flirting. It's like a game. Then I become a little coy.
LOL... It's a great game =D

Reactions: misskylie

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
If I really like someone I tend to go after them myself though I have in the past let others chase with nothing coming of it because they weren't aggressive enough either, so I learned from that, maybe that's why. Chances are, if I like you, you'll know, I won't let you get away that easily.

·
Registered
756 Posts
If I really like someone I tend to go after them myself though I have in the past let others chase with nothing coming of it because they weren't aggressive enough either, so I learned from that, maybe that's why. Chances are, if I like you, you'll know, I won't let you get away that easily.
Do you tell them or do you show it through actions? Also ,sorry I'm asking so much, do you find yourself touching or getting closer to the person more, as in touching them on the shoulder or stuff like that (not the other kind of touching e_e)

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
I normally try to "bait" them in. Like going form friends to more-than-friends. So far it really has been 50-50. And I wear normal clothing around them, though I act more over-the-top!
This makes sense, using my 'Si-Fi' (i can use Si too :p) with an ESFP I know, I reciprocate with surprise/suggestive-humour and generally being helpful ofc (I always am). Although t'was impossible relationship-wise with our current commitments/situation.

By the way @everyone, when a 'naturally party-ish' esfp puts xxx's at the end of text messages, and its the first text message you recieve from them... [you have a rep for being formal] do you find they throw you off a bit in how to reply xD

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
If I think I'm interested in someone and there is potential for a strong and lasting relationship, I know exactly what i need to do... RUN AWAY! Love is SCARY!!! AAAAAAHH!! Wait, that can't be the right way to go about things. Oh well, it hasn't let me down yet.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Do you tell them or do you show it through actions? Also ,sorry I'm asking so much, do you find yourself touching or getting closer to the person more, as in touching them on the shoulder or stuff like that (not the other kind of touching e_e)
I definitely don't tell lol, I'm way too shy for that. That part never seems to come up anyway and I've been in tons of relationships and dating situations. I don't know how others do it, but I will talk about them a lot, ask a lot of things about them, their interests hoping to find common things and if there's something of interest to me I'll focus on that and it seems to go from there a lot. The last one I really clicked with for example, he had a pendant which I couldn't really tell what it was (it was dark) and I asked what it was, he told me it was a wizard and he explained stuff about why he likes that sort of thing and it just went from there and we spent the whole night dancing and chatting for hours. I'm more of a touchy feely type too, if I'm feeling quite confident that there's mutual interest I'll be more flirty and touchy here and there (not in a creepy way or in strange areas of course...at least I hope not! XD) kind of how I like to be when I'm interested in someone and they get touchy when they are the one chasing me. So, lots of talking and a bit of touching when it seems ok.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I definitely don't tell lol, I'm way too shy for that. That part never seems to come up anyway and I've been in tons of relationships and dating situations. I don't know how others do it, but I will talk about them a lot, ask a lot of things about them, their interests hoping to find common things and if there's something of interest to me I'll focus on that and it seems to go from there a lot. The last one I really clicked with for example, he had a pendant which I couldn't really tell what it was (it was dark) and I asked what it was, he told me it was a wizard and he explained stuff about why he likes that sort of thing and it just went from there and we spent the whole night dancing and chatting for hours. I'm more of a touchy feely type too, if I'm feeling quite confident that there's mutual interest I'll be more flirty and touchy here and there (not in a creepy way or in strange areas of course...at least I hope not! XD) kind of how I like to be when I'm interested in someone and they get touchy when they are the one chasing me. So, lots of talking and a bit of touching when it seems ok.
That's good haha, then how would you like to be approached by someone you like? As in what do you look for to see if the person likes you back?

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
most esfp's I have ever known chase their prey like rabid dogs. massive hint-dropping, doing things without thinking, acting naughty, you know the roll.
The bigger the E the bigger the drama

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
That's good haha, then how would you like to be approached by someone you like? As in what do you look for to see if the person likes you back?
I don't like overly aggressive or creepy approaches. Like if I say "No" the first once, what makes people think I'm going to answer differently the next 15-odd times? (It happens, believe me...:dry:) I think I'd respond to being treated the same way I do my thing. That's probably why I do what I do, because I know it would be effective on me XD.

If there's something building and I'm already interested, well I'll probably be looking for facial expressions, feeling vibes or attempting to, watching body posture and gestures and try to build a bigger picture I suppose you could say, and see if everything fits into what appears to be mutual interest. If after a time they get flirty and touchy I know I'm in pretty good so I'll reciprocate and continue to take things as they come. If they don't start themselves after a while, I'll start it. I know things have gone really well when we leave together and are inseparable the whole time we are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some of my friends say that I come across as an ESFP with a developed 'N'. My test results are never the same each time- ENFJ, ENFP, ESFP, INFJ, INFP, ISFP. So yah, I'm a chameleon.

When I like somebody I'll be very self-conscious. I'll shy away from the other's eye contact and pretend the other isn't there when he walks passed by. It'll be very difficult to initiate a conversation without appearing awkward. However, I'll love to be in his company, observing him from far away. I'll be ready to spend more time with him, if he asks. However. I'll be more guarded than usual as to what I say. HAha.. that's enough to scare anyone away! :)

·
Registered
In my own world :)
6,598 Posts
Surprised nobody mentioned all the hugging. I mean HUGGGGIIIIINNNNG, like some pandas. (unless I skimmed and missed the hugging part)

·
Banned
355 Posts
Since I've finally discovered that I'm an ESFP I might as well post here!

Well, when I like someone it's probably be really obvious because I'm bad at hiding my feelings. Can't lie. I constantly try too look for that person and catch their eye (not in a stalkerish way, hopefully), and smile at them when they look at me. But when I finally get to talk to them I get all shy and flustered. This is actually happening right now. I like this guy a lot and we keep looking at each other in the hallways but when we actually get to talk I keep blushing and all that stuff. Pretty sure he knows that I like him. But I'm not trying to hide it - I'm pretty straightforward when it comes to these things and I hate mind-games, so it's good that he knows that I like him and I know that he likes me too. Now I only need to spend some time with him outside of school and it's all going to be well :tongue:

·
Registered
In my own world :)
6,598 Posts
My experience with ESFPs too, is when they like you, as soon as they get up the boldness, they'll look for any excuse to hug you too, like "Oh I see you dropped your ice cream cone! You must be sad. Hug to cheer you up!", "You look happy. Celebrate with a hug!", "You lent me a paperclip? That deserves a big hug!"

·
Registered
216 Posts
My experience with ESFPs too, is when they like you, as soon as they get up the boldness, they'll look for any excuse to hug you too, like "Oh I see you dropped your ice cream cone! You must be sad. Hug to cheer you up!", "You look happy. Celebrate with a hug!", "You lent me a paperclip? That deserves a big hug!"
Does it count if he hints at wanting a hug ie: "looks like u need a hug" but he doesn't actually go in for one cuz you looking at him funny?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts