Personality Cafe banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
INTP
1,938 Posts
Hi, I'm in high school. Yes, I'll sound like a total whiner right now because I'm complaining about writing a one page essay (sometimes 2).

Ever since I was little, I always had difficulty trying to write. When it came to writing paragraphs in elementary school, I was writing multiple page paragraphs (not much structure compared to academic papers) because I had difficulty trying to express all of my ideas.

I find it so limiting that I have to create an argument about the philosophical implications of morality into one page. It feels like I can write an entire book about it.

Additionally, I find the starting part so maddeingly frustrating. I spend like 40% of my essay writing time on the first paragraph alone. 40% on the constant revision on the very smallest details because it feels like it's never good enough. Then I erase entire paragraphs if not pages because I feel that my paper is not great.

It's difficult trying to perform to unrealistic expectations, but I feel that I absolutely HAVE to.
And don't get me started on the timed essays...
Well a positive of not learning to write an academic paper according to set criteria and gaining high grades is that you'll be like the majority of the population who can't argue on topic or understand (complex) ideas if explained concisely vs. in a verbose manner, and therefore you will probably get along better with the general population. So just hand it in and be done with it.

·
Registered
28,894 Posts
That sounds about right for an INTP. You probably nailed it too.
It succeeded, I did a reading of it two days before it was due and as expected there were a lot of missing words. Even when I’m typing a PC, I miss words. That was definitely annoying and after reading and making grammar changes 2-3 times I gave up and just uploaded it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts