Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okey, so I've seen a lot of those posts on the ENTJ-forum, and therefore a lot of opinions and thoughts from ENTJs, but not many ESTJs. So what would you say is the greatest differences between us and the ENTJs? What do you think about them?

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts

·
Registered
ENTJ 3w2-5w6-9w8 so/sp
1,185 Posts
Well, it's most likely not true for everyone, but because of one ENTJ I know pretty well, I found two significant differences in behaviour ^^
On the outside, the ESTJ is often determined, and seems a bit cold, when you don't him yet. He's also not very vulnerable to personal attacks and just gets distracted by weird comments or general stupidity.
The ENTJ on the other hand is exactly that distraction for the ESTJ, because the ENTJ likes to make a fool of himself and just joke around with his morbid humor.
When getting to know them better, the ESTJ may be a bit more organized and determined, but it really depends on the person. In general, they often have a similar humor or similar topics to talk about. They also both care a lot for their friends and try to make them feel comfortable in a subtile way.
Now, when it comes to relationships, there's a second difference. The ESTJ is looking for stability and not necessarily love and doesn't really value intimacy as much on an emotional level.
The ENTJ on the other hand tends to get really emotional and soft, when being in love and tends to be really affectionate.

In general, I like ENTJs, as you can have a lot of fun with them and they are often able to cheer people up, but I would never ever again want to be in a relationship with one and I sometimes get really perplexed by ENTJ-humor...

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
ESTJs are dutiful and focus on doing what has to be done. They prefer taking a familiar approach instead of experimenting. Their Ne helps them make predictions but the typical ESTJ is not very future oriented. They prefer dealing with the world around them instead of always looking at the bigger picture.

Despite the stereotypes , according to my experiences ESTJs are actually more playful and humorous when they're with friends than ENTJs (I think it's because of the Ne, however despite the stereotypes, ENTJs usually come across are more serious and professional than ESTJs) .

ENTJs are future oriented. They make predictions and they seem to "read" people with their Ni . My mother is ENTJ and she has the annoying habit to speak for other people assuming she knows what they want to say before they say them . They're also generally very dominant personalities . The ESTJs are dominant too , but the Se makes ENTJs much more brutal.

Also, according to my experiences , while ESTJs are usually very straightforward , ENTJs can be pretty sneaky.

Think about Twyin Lannister (ENTJ) and Robb Stark (ESTJ).

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
ESTJs are dutiful and focus on doing what has to be done. They prefer taking a familiar approach instead of experimenting. Their Ne helps them make predictions but the typical ESTJ is not very future oriented. They prefer dealing with the world around them instead of always looking at the bigger picture.

Despite the stereotypes , according to my experiences ESTJs are actually more playful and humorous when they're with friends than ENTJs (I think it's because of the Ne, however despite the stereotypes, ENTJs usually come across are more serious and professional than ESTJs) .

ENTJs are future oriented. They make predictions and they seem to "read" people with their Ni . My mother is ENTJ and she has the annoying habit to speak for other people assuming she knows what they want to say before they say them . They're also generally very dominant personalities . The ESTJs are dominant too , but the Se makes ENTJs much more brutal.

Also, according to my experiences , while ESTJs are usually very straightforward , ENTJs can be pretty sneaky.

Think about Twyin Lannister (ENTJ) and Robb Stark (ESTJ).
Or, TLDR:

Both are very good at moving people along the best path from A to B, but

ESTJs start with "This is where we are" (Point A) and then decide where to go from there (Point B)
ENTJs start with "This is where we should be" (Point B) and then look at how close they already are (Point A)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts