Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would that be like? Look like? Feel like?

In the context of a romantic relationship, close friendship, platonic friendship, or familial relationship (ie. parent-child or siblings)?

Is it generally healthy or unhealthy?

What are the good and/or bad things about the relationship?

What would make it an unhealthy relationship?

A lot of questions, but I'm curious. :)

·
Banned
211 Posts
My dad is an ISTJ and I've met a few ISTJs as well. In my experience, I didnt get along with any of them including my dad. Our conversation never went beyond anywhere but hi's and how are you's and we barely talk but if given the opportunity, we would say something to each other. Another problem is, we cant seem to pull off a conversation that lasts for more than 10 minutes. I cant imagine having an ISTJ as a friend or to even consider a relationship with one. My mom is an INFJ and I talk to her more often about her problems and whats going on and it actually goes somewhere compared to my dad.

I say it depends if both of them were actually healthy or unhealthy or either one of the two is then that would determine how the relationship would be like.

I wouldnt see anything good out of the relationship except we both excel in thinking logically and put our functions to use is a way id see we both can relate but other than that, I always got bored talking to an ISTJ.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dad is an ISTJ and I've met a few ISTJs as well. In my experience, I didnt get along with any of them including my dad. Our conversation never went beyond anywhere but hi's and how are you's and we barely talk but if given the opportunity, we would say something to each other. Another problem is, we cant seem to pull off a conversation that lasts for more than 10 minutes. I cant imagine having an ISTJ as a friend or to even consider a relationship with one. My mom is an INFJ and I talk to her more often about her problems and whats going on and it actually goes somewhere compared to my dad.

I say it depends if both of them were actually healthy or unhealthy or either one of the two is then that would determine how the relationship would be like.

I wouldnt see anything good out of the relationship except we both excel in thinking logically and put our functions to use is a way id see we both can relate but other than that, I always got bored talking to an ISTJ.
Thanks for that tskim. Interesting how one letter could make a world of difference.

If not ISTJ's then what personality type, excluding your own, do you get along with the best? (In the context of the relationships I have stated above.)

·
Banned
211 Posts
Thanks for that tskim. Interesting how one letter could make a world of difference.

If not ISTJ's then what personality type, excluding your own, do you get along with the best? (In the context of the relationships I have stated above.)
Either an INTJ, INFJ or an ISFP for a relationship.

I can imagine being with an ENFJ as well but I'm not so sure how great that would work out.

with an INFJ, I would feel at home with them if they've given me the opportunity to be close to them and if I did too as well and proven that we can connect. I've met a few INFJs and we connected since we always talked on a daily basis. We always shared our opinions and we basically got along. I could imagine the same with an INTJ, and there wouldnt be much of a conflict between us because of how our functions are ordered, which arent any different and there wouldnt be any complications compared to the other types.

and it might be the relationship for the two didnt work out but they got along well in terms of their personalities, and there would more of agreements than disagreements.

Anyway, I'm in a relationship with an ISFP and we pulled it off great. We compliment one another except we do have a few problems with our differences but we try to work it out. Im not very compassionate and I'm not able to follow through with emotions like he's able to and in a way, I'm learning from it. There are downsides to the relationship as well as the good.

What wouldve made this relationship unhealthy is if he had mood swings and didnt care to communicate but only does it in his terms and what might seem like an 'unhealthy' behavior for an ISFP would make the relationship unhealthy as well.

Anyway, I hope I helped. :tongue:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have helped. Thank you very much!

·
Banned
5,008 Posts

In the context of a romantic relationship, close friendship, platonic friendship, or familial relationship (ie. parent-child or siblings)?

A lot of questions, but I'm curious. :)
It would be a beautiful relationship. In fact the ESTJ and ISTJ would probably start their own accounting firm together.....Aww....true love....I can just see it now. ...

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
ESTJs are some of my best friends. I get along with them and find them to be some of the most helpful people.

Nate, you are such an ENTP.:crazy:

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
ESTJs are some of my best friends. I get along with them and find them to be some of the most helpful people.

Nate, you are such an ENTP.:crazy:
I took a functions test and I used Ne followed by Fi and Ti is my third most used function. I use a hell of a lotta Ti. That's probably what it is.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
I took a functions test and I used Ne followed by Fi and Ti is my third most used function. I use a hell of a lotta Ti. That's probably what it is.
I learned something today that may explain the confusion: Pulp Fiction is your brother. You may be unconsciously imitating him which would cause some of the type confusion I've seen in your posts.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I learned something today that may explain the confusion: Pulp Fiction is your brother. You may be unconsciously imitating him which would cause some of the type confusion I've seen in your posts.
No he and I are completely different. He is highly planned, serious, exacting, organized, strategic, calm, and he often gets pissed off very easily by the things that I do and he'll go off on a Samuel L. Jackson rant on me.

I am entertaining, artistic, creative, spontaneous, audacious, high strung, full of anxiety, random, and tend to be flirtatious with just about every single woman that comes into my presence.

He and I are SOOOOOOOOO different.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
No he and I are completely different. He is highly planned, serious, exacting, organized, strategic, calm, and he often gets pissed off very easily by the things that I do and he'll go off on a Samuel L. Jackson rant on me.

I am entertaining, artistic, creative, spontaneous, audacious, high strung, full of anxiety, random, and tend to be flirtatious with just about every single woman that comes into my presence.

He and I are SOOOOOOOOO different.
Yes, but your posting styles are not so very different. That is why I said "unconsciously."

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Yes, but your posting styles are not so very different. That is why I said "unconsciously."
My posting style: Happy go lucky, prankster, joking, busting people's chops, and in a state of constant curiosity.

His posting style is to constantly put people down and to try to scare the absolute hell out of everyone.

Completely different.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

One of my closest friends is an ESTJ. Our ideas, values, opinions and preferences border on being identical. I admire her confidence, honesty, tireless energy and work drive. She's the decision maker; she tends to lead, I tend to agree and follow. She's assumed for herself the role of my mentor/protector, and we've joked about how we seem to be in this parent-child relationship.

While I generally enjoy being around her, I'd occasionally feel exhausted and drained if a conversation is stretched out for too long. I'd become gradually quieter, then slink off to have my alone-time. I don't think she notices my need to be away, though. Also, the qualities I admire in her - the brute honesty and drive - can slightly intimidate me sometimes.

I very much value her friendship. Her advice is often spot-on, and extremely helpful. I respect her as a friend and a person. She definitely has personal qualities I strive to have.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Recently I just found out that my first love (still love him until now) is an ISTJ. When I found that out, I was like "oh, no wonder!". I feel like I'm attached to him in this weird connection that I can not explain, and I can tell that he's feeling the same way too and confused about the weird connection as well. He has every character that I wanted from a person: loyal, calm, rational, family oriented, love plans and order, hate drama, we have the same humor, and we can trust each other so easily and naturally. We also communicate in the same language: subtle actions.

We're not dating, though. We're just friends. But our 16 years friendship feels so beautiful.

Ugh, I love ISTJs!! :blushed:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
We're not dating, though. We're just friends. But our 16 years friendship feels so beautiful.

Ugh, I love ISTJs!! :blushed:
Friendship between an ISTJ and an ESTJ is great. I could see a battle of mammoth proportions in a romantic relationship, however. We are both so sure of our "rightness" that a fight would be along the lines of King Kong vs. Godzilla, with both sides refusing to back down.

A romantic relationship would take some work--that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
My dad is an ESTJ. We share a lot of interests and can hold pretty lengthy conversations. He also likes to tease an prank those he cares about. He definitely has some commitment issues, and alcoholism runs rampant in his side of the family. He likes to feel important and tends to use big words to impress people. He buys the nicest stuff he can because he wants to feel as if he is doing so much better than he used to. He likes to make people sorta jelous and often tried to take the "holier than thou" road....

I love him to death, but sometimes it hurts when he puts himself first. We are still very good friends though!

OWL

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hum, my best friend is XSTJ. People have always wanted to stick us together, we've always protested. I don't think it's impossible for ESTJ and ISTJ to be friends. We jst need not to try to convince the other of anything, otherwise, why wouldn't it work? But too similar to be any real attraction there. In my opinion. I think that yes, it's good to have on introverted and one extraverted for the balance of the couple, but that can't be all. Like, my INTP friend. She's a NT, so can be very annoying on her nit-picking, hard to figure out, being a P, it's also hard to try to accomplish something with her. We share the Te, so we get annoyed at too much sensibility. I've got an INFP friend. Beside the fact that she's not my type physically, we are too opposite for it to work. So I think that for a relationship to be properly balanced, you need to fit both criterias of "opposite attract" and "freaks flock together". Some common base to set values, but differencies to be attracted to the mysterious ways of the other. I hightly value intelligence, so I could end up with a NT, but for my sake, it better be a INTJ. I also really admire SPs, but damn they piss me off. I fear that the chances are high that I end up with a SP, again, for my sake, it'd better be an ISFP, being a Fi, I might be able to control them a little bit more. Maybe. I definetely like Introverted types the most, but other than that...Though really, I don't think I'd be able to take a NF. My mom being INFJ, my sis ENFP, my bro INFP, I know those are too straining for my patience...

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I dnt think i know any ESTJ's but I dnt see why we wouldn't get along, @tskim maybe the subject your trying to talk about wasn't the Istj's forte? I dnt think we're boring we just dnt talk unless it's something that interests us :proud:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts