Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a thread like this for every type, in an attempt to give everyone a clear perspective on the pros and cons of each type and to reduce several biases out there (INTJs are robots, Sensors are stupid, NFs are hippies, etc.) or any other biases you can think of.

So, What is the elevatorpitch for the ESTJ?

Try to keep it concise if you can and try to incorporate both pros and cons, to give a complete image of your type.

Good luck, and thanks in advance. ;)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Elevatorpitch, I'm not sure what that is, but I googled and it said some kind of descripion. So you want us to deacribe ESTJs? (If I've understood it wrong, just tell me.
Another thing, stereotypes are often established when people thinks that everyone in a type is the same, which isn't helped when we describe the type, but rather if we would describe ourselves. But I'll go with ESTJ. Nice idea for a thread!

ESTJs are responsible and driven to succes, often compleatly disregarding people with no sense of responsibility. They have a lot of opinions, amd strong ones as well. This, combined with their debating nature and the common view that they're often angry (a reault of often using a strong voice, a lot of gestures and having strong opinions) may make them appear dominating or close-minded. They usually come of as close minded and stubborn because when they believe in something, they strongly stand up for it. This does not mean that they actually are stubborn, it's just a way to process things.
They do what has to be done, and if stressed, they might take on too many things, and therefore get even more stressed.
If they see people around them as incompetent or not good enough to do their job, they easily become dominating and harsh, and may even make sure that they do the work, since they then know it will be well done.
They value honesty high, and sees even negative feedback as a way to improve, and to preform better.
They value experience very high, and constantly compares the present to the past. This does not mean that they, as STJ-types are often viewed, mindless drones who follows tradition and what's been done before. On the other hand, just like other Ne/Si Fi/Te types, they want to go their own way, and follow their own path in life. But because of their aux Si, they are more carefull, and takes more time preparing before they jump.

Might add some things later.
(was this the kind of answer you were looking for?)
Later, when there are a couple of posts on each types thread, could you make a thread in Myers-Briggs forum and link all the threads there? I think a lot of people would benefit by reading those.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.