Personality Cafe banner

ESTJ Epic Hero and ISFP Romantic Heroine

2888 11
So I'm planning to write a short story series and I aim two have it alternate between two protagonists: one being Lawful Good and inspired by the Epic Hero archetype and the other being a Chaotic Good Romantic Heroine. I am trying to come up with how to write them and on one of my Creative Writing assignments, I have had trouble with incorporating personality (honestly, I rarely socialize and predicting personality is the hardest thing for me), yet they still said that I was a "natural-born writer," so I still want to pursuit this career (I was inspired by Tolkien and Lewis).

The male Epic Hero is ESTJ because I wanted a Lawful (xSxJ) character with the "large-talking" characteristics of the Epic Hero. Plus, ESTJ corellates with Choleric/Melancholic and I've read that the Choleric temperament is "powered" by testosterone.

The female Romantic Hero is ISFP because the archetype sometimes has unconventional world views (which adds a bonus since I'd pick the modest cloudcuckoolander over the bikini-clad "normal" girl anytime) and follows his/her own rules (Chaotic, or xSxP). Furthermore, ISFP can also be Phlegmatic/Sanguine and the Phlegmatic temperament (according to my research) comes from estrogen.

I happen to know that one awesome ESTJ hero is Peter Pevensie from CON and one ISFP hero is Frodo Baggins from LOTR.

I have already come up with some ideas, but I'd like some input on each personalities' habits, behaviors and mannerisms, please. :)
Reactions: BleaK
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Well, I don't know specifically what you want to know, but I can give you a few examples of what I do (something I think ISFP's do regardless of gender):

1. You could have the ESTJ try to rush in to conflict, but have the ISFP hold him back. Irl I tend to hold way back and see if things will sort themselves out. Te (actually doing something) only comes out when a) no one is doing anything, and things need to get moving, b) a group is moving a project we're working on in a different way than I feel is right, so I get demanding, or c) when something/someone I reeeeaally care about is threatened. I feel very passionately about one of the sides on the abortion debate, so when that topic comes up a loud, demanding side of me comes out.

Most of the time I'm very cool-headed (at least outwardly) while everyone else is freaking out. But when I have a sudden, strongly negative conviction about the way someone is behaving towards me or other people, my temper can explode all of the sudden.

2. I don't dwell on the past other than what it means to me. When people say, "if we did it x way it would have turned out better," I don't care because I would have figured it out already, and there's no point on dwelling on possibilities (especially those of the past).

3. I'm awful at planning. This has caused some problems in my relationships, so I tend to leave planning to the people who like it and are good at it (basically, J types).

4. I love when things are beautiful - I love looking outside and seeing the way the shadows are shaped, how the sun gleams across the window, how snow falls so perfectly and silently and the way it's so quite when I'm outside alone....stuff like that.

Is there anything else you want to know?
Reactions: 5rintarou and BleaK
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.