Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Because we are usually dominant and assertive from nature ,which I guess most females are not .These qualities are mostly found among men ,may be that's why mostly men are ESTJs.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Because we are usually dominant and assertive from nature ,which I guess most females are not .These qualities are mostly found among men ,may be that's why mostly men are ESTJs.
Makes sense. Due to levels of estrogen and certain stereotypes it's assumed that most girls are F's and most boys are T's.
One of my best friends is a female ESTJ, and she is typically more forward about things than most girls. For example if my friend's mother hadn't been around she would have, as she put it, said some things to this group of guys the other day when they were being rude. Not only is it rare for girls to behave this way, it's less socially acceptable.
To paraphrase Nikki Manaj (who actually seems like a respectable person) when a woman is assertive she's a bitch, when a man is assertive he's a boss. There's no negative connotation behind boss. There's lots of negative connotations to bitch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Statistics show that the T/F preference is the only one that has a gender difference - more males are T, more females are F.
All the other preferences are pretty much 50/50 male/female.
Read it in Type Talk - Otto Kroeger.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,487 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I know more ESTJ females than males. My mother, my grandmother, my cousin, and several friends and classmates throughout my life. Some of them take on a more low-keyed, "submissive" role in relation to others, probably because they respect and value traditions and have no problem accepting and adapting to a role, especially in order to make things work smoothly. Just don't get in their way when there are things to be done.

·
Registered
81 Posts
3/11 of the females I've typed have been ESTJ, actually. :)
I wonder if Western culture's slow shift towards gender equality will raise the number of female T's. Even though the testing is standardized, I would think that socialization has some effect on how assertive/dominant/non-F a woman feels free to be. From my own experience, I much more freely express my T now than I did as a teenager or in my early 20's; I've gotten to the point where I don't feel I need to conform that part of myself to what others expect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dont know anything about this stuff, but the test hit it on the head with me. Very accurate. Necessity breeds strong women. You sink or swim. I was raised by a strong, educated, hard working woman, and I became the same. And being raised to believe that all HUMANS should be equal, has made me the type of person who will always stand up for someone in need. It's not always the popular choice, but, oh well. (at least i'm not OCD anymore... that relaxes with age, I think.) :wink:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I've always related the lyrics in this song to an ESTJ female.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not sure, but I suspect environmental pressures rather than exclusively issues of innate nature.

Unless I am greatly underestimating the role of chemicals and hormone levels in helping determine type.
This. I wouldn't necessarily think that the gender difference between the T/F is really that significant. Maybe a bit of it is innate, but I think it is mostly because of social constructs- most males force themselves to be more of a thinker, to suppress their feelings, because expressing them is considered "weak", whereas females are taught it is okay to express the emotion they have. Even female thinkers are probably more comfortable expressing feelings than some male feelers, only because it is deemed acceptable for their gender.
Anyway, my mom is an xSTJ. Her E/I is pretty balanced I guess. I'll admit I'm jealous of you guys' ability to be organized and get things done- I don't understand how you do it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I dont know anything about this stuff, but the test hit it on the head with me. Very accurate. Necessity breeds strong women. You sink or swim. I was raised by a strong, educated, hard working woman, and I became the same. And being raised to believe that all HUMANS should be equal, has made me the type of person who will always stand up for someone in need. It's not always the popular choice, but, oh well. (at least i'm not OCD anymore... that relaxes with age, I think.) :wink:
Finally, someone who understands me! I love this forum.

·
Registered
112 Posts
How do ESTJ females provide help for someone in need? I do not get why you think it is not always the popular choice to do that because it is always useful to stand up for a person in need every once in a while. Probably you have to understand the conflict first before drawing conclusions or taking action but other than that it is not a bad idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I'm an ESTJ female and I feel horribly lonely. My relationshipw ith my INFP (?) husband is failing. I like to weight lift and be physically active, sociable, working on my second Masters, two kids. I'm direct and forthright. I don't really get it when people don't say what they mean. I'm just lonely. If you speak out ppl find it strange. I don't think anyone thinks Im awesome btw. I ahve strong values. My husband's seems to dislike who I am fundamentally. Starting to feel like being female and ESTJ is a curse....:-(

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
So I'm an ESTJ female and I feel horribly lonely. My relationshipw ith my INFP (?) husband is failing. I like to weight lift and be physically active, sociable, working on my second Masters, two kids. I'm direct and forthright. I don't really get it when people don't say what they mean. I'm just lonely. If you speak out ppl find it strange. I don't think anyone thinks Im awesome btw. I ahve strong values. My husband's seems to dislike who I am fundamentally. Starting to feel like being female and ESTJ is a curse....:-(
I relate to the bolded part.

On another note, ESTJ are tough, uncompromising and intimidating people, all of which are qualities I admire in a woman.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Ouch. INFPs men also feel like that, so I get what you mean about feeling like it's a curse.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts