Personality Cafe banner

What do you like to do on vacation?

• Nightlife (dancing, comedy, pubs, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you like to do on vacation? What makes a vacation epic? Feel free to share any vacation stories!

My 18 year old ESTJ brother is coming to visit me for two weeks in Los Angeles, and I'm hoping that getting some input from other ESTJs will inspire my plans. I'm trying to plan an epic time for him and it got me wondering about ESTJs in general and what sorts of things/activities make for an amazing vacation for you.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Oh, how cool! I can actually help you with this because I live in LA.

Personally, I always like getting outdoors. Griffith Park is a great place to go. Hiking in the surrounding mountains is good, too. How about a trip to Malibu? There's a restaurant called Malibu Seafood right off PCH that's pretty cheap/good. You can drop by the beach while you're at it.

If he likes food, maybe hit up West Hollywood (south of Boy's Town-- they have terrible food). Or Westwood, if he wants a more college-y atmsophere. Oh, if he wants Mexican food, he should go to Poquito Mas, off Westwood Blvd. Best Mexican food EVER.

If he wants to see some of the classic sights such as the Hollywood sign, a good thing to do might be to hike up to it. It's not a challenging hike, and you get a decent view of the city.

At the end of the day, I guess it really depends on what kind of experience he wants. LA has so many different experiences to offer, so it's kind of hard to really pin everything down.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Seeing as my family is half German, half American (and by German I don't mean my great great grandparents on one side were immigrants from Germany, I mean, half my current family lives in Germany), we have done a lot of traveling in both America and Europe. For me what I like doing depends on the place. I had to check almost every single one of those because they are almost all things I enjoy doing depending on the specific circumstances. And I think a lot of those things listed interconnect.

For example: Food, Food, Food intersects with cultural events/local life offerings (if I am understanding them correctly). I'm not gonna go eat a burger/hotdog if I'm in Germany, for example. I love cultural foods and will probably try several of the street vendors, or go to a fancy restaurant for dinner to try some of their specialties.

As another example: I would also say historical places and museums could overlap with cultural events, outdoor recreation and sights, learning adventures, and all things touristy. When I go traveling and visiting places, I am the type of person to want to actually know the history, culture, sights, etc of that place. Otherwise, why am I there? If it's just to have a good time, I can do that just as easily at home or in my area, ya know?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts