Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 435 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tell me what ESTJ stereotypes you have heard of. This is in no way an attack on ESTJ's. This thread just gives awareness to the stereotypes of the ESTJ personality.

Here is my list of ESTJ stereotypes..

1.) Does not question the law
2.) Conservative
3.) Bullies
4.) Unprogressive
5.) Paranoid
6.) Bias towards their own beliefs
7.) Critical of others
8.) Strict
9.) Boring
10.) Direct and truthful when communicating with others.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Will elbow you in the face, and leave a bigger mark on your face then their elbow.
Seriously. I saw what my sister did to her 6'0' 210lb boyfriend. Scary as ****.

If they think you're being cheap, they call you out in front of all your friends.
My sister's friend was "stingy" and in the middle of the bar chewed the poor girl out until she cried and ran out.

They make sure that you know what they are doing, and how great they are.
'nough said.

They are good people though. my sister is nuts too.

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
Will elbow you in the face, and leave a bigger mark on your face then their elbow.
Seriously. I saw what my sister did to her 6'0' 210lb boyfriend. Scary as ****.

If they think you're being cheap, they call you out in front of all your friends.
My sister's friend was "stingy" and in the middle of the bar chewed the poor girl out until she cried and ran out.

They make sure that you know what they are doing, and how great they are.
'nough said.

They are good people though. my sister is nuts too.
Are you making stereotypes or truths?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Are you making stereotypes or truths?

True, I suppose I should share more from my ESTJ friend huh. Lol

My friend got pissed at her boyfriend for being stupid(another big boyfriend 5'11' 190ish) swung at him, punched a hole in the wall...

My co-worker ESTJ slapped people outside of work that she could not stand when they would say something stupid.

My friend(from above, same one) definitely chews people out she gets annoyed with.. in front of everyone. Two of my guy friends are freaked out by her/hate her now.

And all of them.. make sure to tell people how great they are :)

Just some common stuff I saw between them. Possibly just truths though. :happy:

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
True, I suppose I should share more from my ESTJ friend huh. Lol

My friend got pissed at her boyfriend for being stupid(another big boyfriend 5'11' 190ish) swung at him, punched a hole in the wall...

My co-worker ESTJ slapped people outside of work that she could not stand when they would say something stupid.

My friend(from above, same one) definitely chews people out she gets annoyed with.. in front of everyone. Two of my guy friends are freaked out by her/hate her now.

And all of them.. make sure to tell people how great they are :)

Just some common stuff I saw between them. Possibly just truths though. :happy:
I really just can't see ESTJ's being violent. They must be terribly immature.

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ESTJ's are probably the most matured out of all the types.

·
Banned
245 Posts
ESTJ's are probably the most matured out of all the types.
on what basis do you think they're "the most matured"? I'm curious for your reasoning.

I had an ESTJ boss loudly yell at me in front of customers/ fellow employees when I went out of my way to help a fellow co-worker, who was overloaded with work. Apparently, I wasn't supposed to help anyone, just stay in my section even if I had nothing to do. It was my first day and I went into the back room and cried.

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
on what basis??

I had an ESTJ boss loudly yell at me in front of customers/ fellow employees when I went out of my way to help a fellow co-worker, who was overloaded with work. Apparently, I wasn't supposed to help anyone, just stay in my section even if I had nothing to do. It was my first day and I went into the back room and cried.
Apparently everyone is missing Lance's point of his post. This is STEREOTYPES, not necessarily truth.

·
Banned
245 Posts
Apparently everyone is missing Lance's point of his post. This is STEREOTYPES, not necessarily truth.
absolutely. I just have yet to meet an ESTJ who doesn't fit the stereotypes.

oooh anyone else notice that some STJ's march instead of walk. It's like "I'm so damn purposed I can't even slow down to separate my legs far apart. It's not efficient. In fact, YOU should march too!"

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
absolutely. I just have yet to meet an ESTJ who doesn't fit the stereotypes.

oooh anyone else notice that some STJ's march instead of walk. It's like "I'm so damn purposed I can't even slow down to separate my legs far apart. It's not efficient. In fact, YOU should march too!"
Atleast I know that was a stereotype, much better.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Tell me what ESTJ stereotypes you have heard of. This is in no way an attack on ESTJ's. This thread just gives awareness to the stereotypes of the ESTJ personality.

What makes you interested about the stereotypes of the ESTJ personality?

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

What makes you interested about the stereotypes of the ESTJ personality?

Considering your misunderstood by many N's. I think it would be good information for all.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I don't know many ESTJ, though... Just myself.

Reactions: MsJoyceLee

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
on what basis do you think they're "the most matured"? I'm curious for your reasoning.

Sadists
!!!!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, maybe it's just because I haven't noticed ESTJs that didn't fit the stereotypes, but pretty much all of the ones I can think of did. But in a Guardian-dominated society I don't think that's necessarily the case, it's just the extremes stand out. It wouldn't make sense at least, since maturity is different from temperament.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Yeah, maybe it's just because I haven't noticed ESTJs that didn't fit the stereotypes, but pretty much all of the ones I can think of did. But in a Guardian-dominated society I don't think that's necessarily the case, it's just the extremes stand out. It wouldn't make sense at least, since maturity is different from temperament.
nice.

~~~~~~

·
Registered
61 Posts
Being an ESTJ, I've got some stereotypes that I'd like to debunk:

1. ESTJ's are boring because they play by the rules.
Totally incorrect. We respect the rules, but that doesn't mean we don't play our butts off. I mean, serisouly, when you play by the rules, you're bound to have more fun when you win, because you did it fairly and without any extra help. Part of my philosophy: work hard, play hard. We ESTJ's may play by the rules, but if there's a loophole, you can bet we'll find it and exploit it! hahaha
2. ESTJ's are bossy.
This isn't necessarily true. Sure, we can come across as domineering and/or demanding, but it's usually because the people we're dealing with are completely incompetent, or they're shirking responsibility. One thing that I hate (and I'm guessing other ESTJ's do, too), is irresponsibility.
3. ESTJ's are "penny-wise and uber-pound-wise."
This also isn't necessarily true. I have the tendency to be fairly lax with money. I work to make it so I can spend it on things that I want. That's the point of having a job, right?

What do you think?

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
Being an ESTJ, I've got some stereotypes that I'd like to debunk:
What do you think?
I think it is sweet we got another ESTJ around. Welcome!

1 - 20 of 435 Posts