Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you handle your finances? Are you balanced or messy?

Do you impulse buy? If so, what do you spend on?

Are you a little too generous at times? If so, in what situations?

What are your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to handling money?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm very good at saving money.

As far as keeping track of my finances....I don't really...I have it all figured out in my head but that's about it.

When I have money, I'm generous with my friends, especially if I know that they don't have money. I like to buy random gifts for people too.

I never impulse buy....ever.

Reactions: WickedQueen

·
Registered
173 Posts
Same I never impulse buy and I like to buy random gift. I check my bank account everyday and keep a very good track of my finances. Always looking for a bargain, a refund or a discount :). Never pay a fine without contesting it first.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
How do you handle your finances?
21.62% of my wage goes to my parents (to pay their bills and stuff).
24.32% for my bills and daily needs.
12.16% for food.
2.7% for charity.
13.51% is saved. I made a savings account for that.
25.68% for other needs (entertainment, personal maintenance, socializing, snacks, etc). If there's anything left by the end of the month, it goes to savings account.

Are you balanced or messy?
Balanced. I even avoid credit cards.

Do you impulse buy?
Never. Everything I buy is already on my list before, although sometimes the price can be higher than what I've already planned.

Are you a little too generous at times? If so, in what situations?
I think so. Like if I buy snacks for myself during work hours, I usually will buy more for my co-workers as well. I put the food in the pantry where everyone can just grab them whenever they want.

I like buying random gifts for my friends, family, dates, and co-workers. And like progBOT, if I know they don't have money, I can be very generous. But I'm pretty careful in lending money, because some people just can't keep their words, and nothing piss me off more than broken promises. I would feel like my trust is being violated.

What are your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to handling money?
My strength is that I'm pretty much low maintenance, cautious with money, and I don't spend more than what I have earned. My weakness is that I love spending money for good food and random gifts. I must consistently reminding myself that enough is enough...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts