Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is a spin-off from my other thread, but I am curious in general....

Does praise mean a lot to you? What sort of praise floats your boat? How do you like to receive it? Verbally, little notes or texts, greeting cards, sky-writing?

I am an INTJ, when people compliment me, it's nice, but chances are....I know ;-) I don't need someone to talk me up and it actually embarrasses me. I would rather see it in the paycheck or in reciprocation, "actions speak louder than words."

But my grandfather is an ESTJ (the only man who has never lost my respect for a minute) and the guy I am seeing is as well. I would like to become a good "complimenter"...I think I need to work on this skill :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
I think same thing happens with ESTJs atleast as far as I,m concerned ,I like compliments but only those which I know are indeed true ,and they make me blush sometimes .I know when a person is trying to flatter me and it make me feel bore and frustrated most of the time .I prefer honesty even though it may hurt my feelings sometimes but thats Ok ,it will teach me about my errors and help me in improving myself .

Reactions: Imperatrix
1 - 2 of 2 Posts