Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that I grow tired of word play humor, like puns. What kind of humor do you find funny?

Movie: Something about Mary, Romantic Comedies, Spoofs.
TV Shows: Scrubs, The Office, Coupling (BBC) Seinfeld...
Radio: The Phil Hendrie Show, Roy D Mercer kinda stuff.
Stand up: I enjoy stand up that may have some cussing in it, but not if the cussing is the humor.

So what do you guys like, the survey stuff says we have a sense of humor, and I like to make people laugh, just not all the time!

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
These are jokes I dislike:

1. Slapstick.
  2. Jokes that insulting others or mocking at other people's misery.
  3. Jokes that is so common it's no longer funny.
  4. Jokes brought by someone who spend all his brain capacity only for joking or someone whose trying too hard to be funny.
  5. Nasty unethical sex jokes.

Other than that, I'm all about jokes and laughs.
:proud:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I read in a very old book that you guys like the most racist jokes, and the most sexist jokes. You guys are radical extremists! No I'm just kidding? But I'm gonna post what I like anyhow.

My favorite tv show is house. I <3 house... Its actually funny.
Second is big bang, that show is hilarious!

and movies? I'm more of a drama/action kind of gal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Practical Jokes

Well when I first got hired, I was in a cubicle close to a water cooler. Now this water cooler was not for public use but a few people in the office were paying for it for their own private use. Now I had no problem with this, but I did notice that whenever the machine bubbled, they would get up and make sure no one was drinking their water. So, one morning I arrived early and put a speaker in the cubicle wall behind the water cooler. I would occasionally run a sound of a water cooler gurgeling, to see them pop out of their cubes, or hurry to see it. I had several good laughs with this. Anyone else care to share one of their jokes?

·
Registered
707 Posts
On the other hand, I love witty, dry, and sarcastic humor. I love the books Politically Correct Bedtime Stories. I love practical jokes, especially as a way to exact my revenge on someone who has wronged someone close to me. Sometimes I can be a bit mean, but like they say, there is some truth to every joke.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
ESTJs I know seem to be into slapstick humor, or any variant of blue-collar, everyday situational humor. Try to imagine cops perched inside a Dunkin' Donuts joking with each other about their wives in curlers, etc. That's the kind of thing ESTJs go for.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I absolutely love stand-up comedians.. such as Pablo Francisco and Dane Cook.
I also love the whole Seth Rogen - Jonah Hill sense of humor as well.
I love dirty, racist, morbid jokes.. but, that's just me. Haha.
And I think the moment I realized I had a screwed up sense of humor was when the first SAW movie came out, and I couldn't stop laughing when he was cutting his foot off with that old, rusty saw :) Haha.

·
Registered
503 Posts
"Do me a favor, would you kindly walk into a wall?"

"I would greatly appreciate it if you would swan dive into the grand canyon"

If someone sent a morning text like that to me I would laugh out loud. If a woman sent a text like that to me, I would have found my soul mate.

I like most humor. I do not like humor that is force, or tries too hard. I enjoy when people take things too literal.

Example:

Manager: Yeah I had to eat something light.. like soup. Because I figure it would better to sleep on some soup, rather than something heavy.

Me: ... ... You can't sleep on soup.

I obviously knew what he meant, but I still took it literally to poke fun.

And I just realized this was a 4 year old thread, my apologies.

Reactions: Seamaid

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love sarcasm (House).
I also really enjoy funny 'true' stories.
I love Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyer, and Ellen.
Each show never fails to make me laugh.
To be honest, it doesn't take a lot to make me laugh :), so all the James Franco/Seth Rogen/Jonah Hill movies make me laugh like crazy.
Stand up comedians make me laugh, too.
Finally, a lot of people's stupidity makes me laugh.

I like funny things.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Jim Carrey movies and jokes that make fun of the logic flaws of other people, or that pretend to be logical and end up being something completely random.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts