Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any older ESTJs have experience with young INFJs? :D

I had a ton of negative misconceptions about ESTJs before from working for a seriously unhealthy one (Vietnam vet with a wild destructive temper) and having an ESTJ younger brother with a whole slew of problems (drugs, alcohol and all that stuff) but right now I am seriously loving working for an ESTJ woman. Even though she can be sort of, well, a b*tch at times (can't we all..?) in general I feel like I am learning a LOT of essential stuff from her to succeed and feel somewhat confident taking care of myself. After my past experiences with bad bosses (seriously, this is my first time NOT working for a HORRIBLE boss... the first ESTJ, two really scattered/overly-confident and totally inept ESTPs who sometimes FORGOT TO PAY ME and one psychologically unstable INFJ who hardly ever came in to work), this is the first one I actually trust to run her f***ing business correctly like a businesswoman. Rather than screaming at me when I can't figure out how to run the system without any help and expecting me to teach HER how to do it (since young people are supposed to be born tech gurus or some sh*t), she actually praises me when I pick things up quickly and then lets me do my job. Granted my Fe/social skills have improved a lot in the last year or two so I'm probably way easier to handle now than I was when I was younger but I seriously admire your guys's ability to track the progress of your work and actually maintain your high standards and continue to profit and be really successful, content and confident in your work. Nobody is perfect and not even ESTJs always know what they're doing/talking about but as someone who struggles with Te as her PoLR, I really admire you guys. You make the impossible seem possible and I just want to sponge as much of your confidence and stamina as I can. I think my energy levels have actually gone up a LOT since working for this ESTJ.

Anyway I'm rambling so I'll stop now. *ahem* :p

(Oh yeah, I also like how you guys are far less aggressive/clingy than the ESTPs I've come across, who seriously don't seem to understand "no means no"... Your Si gives off this really focused, calming energy... Like I could picture some ESTJs being really good at methodical techniques for massage. Just imagining getting that awesome shoulder-rub from people with strong Si when I'm with them gives me tingles actually. *is crazy, shuts up for real now*)

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
I know one who's either an ESTJ or an ENTJ. I don't work for him, more of a friend, though higher up on the social hierarchy, if you can call it that.

He's cool-headed, gives off an aura of having his stuff together, has a sneaking, off-kilter sense of humor, and he's rigid. Wow, is he rigid. He's very giving, but if you try to convince him he's wrong about something, you might as well be beating your head on a brick wall. Never insulting unless you're hurting him, but if something's not out in the open where he can see it, it may as well not exist. But unlike some personality types, it's then just a matter of getting it out in the open, rather than trying to convince him his N gathered the wrong conclusion. (Now THAT'S a headache.)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know one who's either an ESTJ or an ENTJ. I don't work for him, more of a friend, though higher up on the social hierarchy, if you can call it that.

He's cool-headed, gives off an aura of having his stuff together, has a sneaking, off-kilter sense of humor, and he's rigid. Wow, is he rigid. He's very giving, but if you try to convince him he's wrong about something, you might as well be beating your head on a brick wall. Never insulting unless you're hurting him, but if something's not out in the open where he can see it, it may as well not exist. But unlike some personality types, it's then just a matter of getting it out in the open, rather than trying to convince him his N gathered the wrong conclusion. (Now THAT'S a headache.)
Yep... sounds like ESTJ. I read something a while back on ESTJs that was like... "An ESTJ assumes that if something DOESN'T APPEAR to be happening, it just isn't happening, period." Which can be a REALLY frustrating point with them, like, if I forget to do something every now and then and they simply assume that I never do it, ever. Or one slip-up convincing them that I'm constantly slipping-up.

The ENTJs I've known are a little weirder. A lot of fun and big kids inside, but majorly self-entitled and a lot of social paranoia going on there. Obsessing over what others think about them, etc (even though they'll never let on).

With the ESTJs/ENTJs I know it's like... ENTJs think they might as well be gods, whereas ESTJs think they already are. XD

Eta: Since I wasn't born responsible, who better to learn from than a Te-using SJ? The same ESTJ taught me how to shoot to kill, shop for an IRA and do my own taxes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts