Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see friendships and romantic relationships with ISTPs as an honor. I understand that the best way for an ISTP to display friendship, is by not telling me to leave. The way that an ISTP displays love is by being happy when he is with me.

The thing that bothers me about ISTPs, even when you know they love you, they never respond to emails or Facebook... That sucks, and feels like rejection, even when you know it's not. :frustrating:

·
Banned
310 Posts
Why are you asking a question and then.answering it. I'm utterly confused. I can't imagine an ISTP liking anESTJ very much. Their type badges being told what ti.do and that's your number one talent

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a really good guy friend that is an ISTP. I find him... just easy to hang out with and talk to. Our relationship isn't strained or complicated. It almost just fits. I mean, I'm not interested in him as anything more than friends, but as far as the type, I could see that working. He's not really good about responding to those things either, though he will (most of the time) respond to text messages. He just doesn't really like talking about anything serious in any form other than face to face.
@pastryparadise I find it slightly offensive that you think telling people what to do is our number one talent. I mean, I know I can be like that, but that is something I am working on. Also, if I find the other person to be a strong enough personality, I often don't feel like I have to be the one in charge and I will defer to them. I do not always tell people what to do.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I see friendships and romantic relationships with ISTPs as an honor. I understand that the best way for an ISTP to display friendship, is by not telling me to leave. The way that an ISTP displays love is by being happy when he is with me.

The thing that bothers me about ISTPs, even when you know they love you, they never respond to emails or Facebook... That sucks, and feels like rejection, even when you know it's not. :frustrating:
I agree that getting close to an ISTP feels like an honor, probably because they are usually so private. If he's letting you stick around it means he likes you and if he's willing to make time to spend with you, he likes you even more!

It also bothers me that they are not consistent in their communication, but I think they just don't place high importance on non-face to face communication. They are most serious and their feelings are most apparent when you're with them in the here and now. That's the best time to gauge their views on the relationship -- granted the clues will probably be more physical than verbal, but if you guys really do click then all his expressions and actions will make complete sense to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts