Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking, do you guys think this relationship could work? All my estp friends are extremely enjoyable and with two estps, how could we get bored so quickly?

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
I was just thinking, do you guys think this relationship could work? All my estp friends are extremely enjoyable and with two estps, how could we get bored so quickly?
Boredom wouldn't be the issue more than the fighting. At first things will probably be ok but once the competition phase starts the anger will follow soon after. Good sex though.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, no more opinions?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I don't think I've ever met another ESTP in my life. However my best friend is an ISTP (same functions, different order, I think) and we're quite alike. We get along fine and she's always up for crazy spontanious activities. Also since she's an introvert, she's more like my sidekick and audience, which suits me just fine.

We're both really competitive but I don't see it as a problem. I think it's fun and while we're both incredibly stubborn, she's usually the first to back down.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I think the only other ESTP I met was my old boss, he was really cool. We got along pretty well. He cracked me up, whenever he had a one night stand, everybody knew. "Come on! Hurry up guys, I need to get home and shower!". And he usually talked about how he was so happy he was unmarried, and didn't have a girlfriend. So other than him, I havent met any other ESTPs. We're quite infectious, and likable people.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
According to two sources on MBTI and relationship statistics that I've read two xSTPs together report some of the lowest scores in relationship satisfaction. Probably because neither xSTP partner can care about the other partner's feelings much, so then the bonding between the two xSTPs doesn't go so smoothly. But keep in mind this is just statistics. Each relationship is an individual case that may fall way out in the outlier area.

·
Registered
97 Posts
not certain about type (seems mostly likely xSTx somewhere, probably xSTP as these are currently my most common test scores).

last time I met someone much like myself, I talked with them for a while, noted that there was a lot in common, ...
then it seemed like, in a mutual sense, there was not any real "interest". ended up not talking to her for a few months or so (mostly more distracted/busy with stuff I was working on), ...

(add, she was more ESxP on tests, IIRC, also had some basic interest in but not a whole lot of experience with programming).

yeah, that didn't exactly go anywhere...
(granted, in general my interactions with females tend to go nowhere...).

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't think I've ever met another ESTP in my life.
I think the only other ESTP I met was my old boss... So other than him, I havent met any other ESTPs.
According to mypersonality.info ESTPs are 10% of the population, so I'm sure you've met others but didn't know their type.

We're both really competitive but I don't see it as a problem.
Competitive in what sense? Ambitious? Proving yourself? Sports? Getting your way? Reaching your potential?

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
It could be. It depends on the individual mostly. You don't know if it'll work out until you try.

Personally, a lot of male ESTPs I met I don't really like nor care about, mostly because they're all about themselves, and I don't like that that attention isn't all on me! -_-

Jk, but a good number of them annoy me for being way too cocky and dickish. I've met a lot of nicer ESTPs also, but maybe I just see them as friends. :/

·
Banned
93 Posts
You would both have the same strong points and might tend to compete on them, you would both have the same weak points and therein might lie the most trouble. Seems like when you have a couple with both the same temperament they can tend to get a little extreme in one direction and have a big blind spot in the other direction.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Sure, if you want to cheat on each other a lot and never call it an official relationship :p
Is it wrong that I snickered at that?

To be fair, I've dated an ESTP and miraculously there wasn't any cheating. There were a lot of pranks. Hanging out until closing and sometimes with the bartender past closing. But zero forward momentum and admittedly, neither of us went so far as to officiate it as a relationship. Friends defined it for us.

Reactions: ENTJGirlLA

·
Registered
11 Posts
The only ESTP I know (borderline Introvert) is a whiney douche who seems to hate me for some reason. Now, I would probably like him if he wasn't such a butthead to me, but I don't :/. (Another ISTP I know is ok, but can get really annoying and narrow minded).

I seem to like ENFP's the most, and find them fun and enthusiastic, whereas I HATE ISFJ's for some reason. I find them slow, oversensitive, and unnecessary! (Please challenge me on that, I want to know if others feel the same!)

But back to ESTP's, I believe that I would get along with them, but the both of us wouldn't get very close or too deep in each other's life since, I believe, we're both too busy focusing on the now to take the time to discuss our feelings, of receive them. We would be like two slices of bread together. We're both the same, but there is no Judging or Intuitive commitment holding us together (the jelly or peanut butter). Yea, there is my weird metaphor... :)

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Not talking about dating

My favorite female coworker is actually another ESTP
Which makes me laugh because you would almost think with all the women we work with we would compete with each other. But naw. We are probably each others biggest allies. They never put us usually on the same shift (mainly because we are each strong on the floor and we get the weakest links usually shoved with us) where I end up usually seeing her tho is in the passing of the shifts. Days we do work together tho fuck smoothest work days ever. Like two well oiled machines. We scratch each others backs. If need be. But we are too busy worry about performing our own job well and she does not getball butt hurt or insecure or neither do I, like some more insecure employees feel when your performing high. We respect each other for it. I have more repor with floor having been there longer sp hear staff say things like who does she think she is alot. Lmao seriously makes me chuckle. Fucking clucking hens.

Anyways shes really sick in the hospital right now and is still worried about filling her shifts for our greedy selfish supervisor who already has a lot of scheduled pto. Shes all worried the supervisor is going to imply to everyone she is flaking out so it takes her credibility away. I Seriously had to reassure her several times I will be emphasizing how sick she is to the biggest gossips to set the word straight. If you want to get a message across at work and want your hands clean just look to the biggest gossip. Anyways I really respect her as an employee and coworker and think its absurd anyone is being cavalier about how sick she is (we fucking work in health care) and she really is pretty ill. All these false prophet false heart of gold bitches should be more concerned with their team mate and less about relief shes not there to out perform them. Fucking terrible bitches mascarading as kind hearted. Kind hearted my ass. Your team mate is possibly facing cancer results. Da fuck. Why are so many feelers

·
Code Cracked
7,666 Posts
Not talking about dating

My favorite female coworker is actually another ESTP
Which makes me laugh because you would almost think with all the women we work with we would compete with each other. But naw. We are probably each others biggest allies. They never put us usually on the same shift (mainly because we are each strong on the floor and we get the weakest links usually shoved with us) where I end up usually seeing her tho is in the passing of the shifts. Days we do work together tho fuck smoothest work days ever. Like two well oiled machines. We scratch each others backs. If need be. But we are too busy worry about performing our own job well and she does not getball butt hurt or insecure or neither do I, like some more insecure employees feel when your performing high. We respect each other for it. I have more repor with floor having been there longer sp hear staff say things like who does she think she is alot. Lmao seriously makes me chuckle. Fucking clucking hens.

Anyways shes really sick in the hospital right now and is still worried about filling her shifts for our greedy selfish supervisor who already has a lot of scheduled pto. Shes all worried the supervisor is going to imply to everyone she is flaking out so it takes her credibility away. I Seriously had to reassure her several times I will be emphasizing how sick she is to the biggest gossips to set the word straight. If you want to get a message across at work and want your hands clean just look to the biggest gossip. Anyways I really respect her as an employee and coworker and think its absurd anyone is being cavalier about how sick she is (we fucking work in health care) and she really is pretty ill. All these false prophet false heart of gold bitches should be more concerned with their team mate and less about relief shes not there to out perform them. Fucking terrible bitches mascarading as kind hearted. Kind hearted my ass. Your team mate is possibly facing cancer results. Da fuck. Why are so many feelers
That is because there are so many lazy shitheads that want to have opinions and punish the people that actually do their job.... they have to look at their selves and realize they suck. It is easier for them to hold others accountable for their lack of effort than to accept responsibility and make a change to grow.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Pretty sure the dude I have been hanging out with is estp. I was on the fence tho at first if he was an Entj or Estp probably just because he is older and carries himself very well. After listening to him more in depth tho I am fully convinced he is definitely an estp. I have no clue where it will lead I like talking to him. I have dated alot of older guys but not an older estp. The sex is good. I like the conversation he has had alot of failures and wins really down to earth.

He does seem like someone who can handle me without being threatened as well as call me out on my shit. Also he is actually kinda humble himself. I called him on his shit today when he was being a pig (95% of the time I am unaffected by man language) but when I am pmsing no one should say a thing which I could take out of context. Anyways he did not argue back or get mean or dismissive instead he was apologetic how he came off and wanted to set the record straight.

It is refreshing to talk to a guy who has slept with far more women then I have slept with of men and is not threatened I have slept with my share of people.

Possibly we could be competitive people but I am not sure I want to compete with him kinda just enjoying a dude who can handle me without any antics involved.

I do not think age or competition would necessarily be the issue. He lives on the nicer side of the tracks then myself he is not a stranger to hardwork or struggle but it is not recent so much I dont think. I just mean under estimating how the value of time and money translates for me vs him.

Anyways worth exploring

1 - 20 of 22 Posts