Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings From Arab Emirates to wherever you from :laughing:
i loved this site so much and i'm got interested in the MBTI theory more. so i have question to you guys. last month i got an analysis of my personality through my handwriting from a certified trainer in graphology science and he told me that i'm an ESTP but i took one of the MPTI test online and the score was ISFP

both of them are true to me! so my question is can someone be an ESTP and ISFP at the same time?

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
greetings From Arab Emirates to wherever you from :laughing:
i loved this site so much and i'm got interested in the MBTI theory more. so i have question to you guys. last month i got an analysis of my personality through my handwriting from a certified trainer in graphology science and he told me that i'm an ESTP but i took one of the MPTI test online and the score was ISFP

both of them are true to me! so my question is can someone be an ESTP and ISFP at the same time?
No, but you could easily use the Se, Ti, and Fi functions all at the same time which is what constitutes all of these types. This is what probably what is probably happening here. to determine your type, you have to decide in what order you use the functions.

·
Registered
531 Posts
No, but you could easily use the Se, Ti, and Fi functions all at the same time which is what constitutes all of these types. This is what probably what is probably happening here. to determine your type, you have to decide in what order you use the functions.
I'm pretty sure ESTP is Se Ti Fe Ni.

You can't be two personalities, I'm not sure if the handwriting analysis is the best way to find your MBTI type either.

I have an ISFP daughter. She may be ESFP not sure yet but she is different in many ways. She is highly emotional, sensitive and cautious. Those are three things I am not nor was I as a child. She is very creative, artsy and makes friends easily but does not lead or follow, sort of beats to her own drum.
My MIL is ISFP and she is not a say it like it is kind of person. She shows tact. I say things as they are. Feelers hate it.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I'm pretty sure ESTP is Se Ti Fe Ni.

You can't be two personalities, I'm not sure if the handwriting analysis is the best way to find your MBTI type either.

I have an ISFP daughter. She may be ESFP not sure yet but she is different in many ways. She is highly emotional, sensitive and cautious. Those are three things I am not nor was I as a child. She is very creative, artsy and makes friends easily but does not lead or follow, sort of beats to her own drum.
My MIL is ISFP and she is not a say it like it is kind of person. She shows tact. I say things as they are. Feelers hate it.
Not everyone uses them in that exact order. I've seen many people that use the functions out of that order. It just depends on the order that you use the first two functions

·
Registered
98 Posts
Actually. If you read the ESTP articles. You will find this quoted here.

http://personalitycafe.com/estp-art...description-best-estp-guide-ever-written.html

ISFp - An ESTp may find him or her self activelly undecided between the ISFp type and his or her native ESTp type. Because the sixth function of the ESTp is Fe, it is not uncommon for one to confuse the second creative function (Ti) for that function. When this occurs, an ESTp may have problems deciding between those ethical and logical functions. In even more complex situations, an ESTp may demonstrate what appears to be a false lack of Te, which corresponds to the fourth weakest function of the ISFp. In this instances, the way to discern between these two types and to choose the correct one is to determine whether you activelly use Se or Si. If you use Se more than you use Si, you are an ESTp. If you use Si more than you use Se, you could really be an ISFp.

hope this helps :)

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I did the test a few times and I relate most to ISFP but I did the one at 41q.com and I got ESTP...I am also confused about this. On this new one I got: E=about 1/2 way S=about 1/2 way T=1/4 over P=1/3 over, not sure what my other would have been sorry. But I do relate to the ISFP more or sure. I do seem to have a very distinct dual personality.

Update: did another test and got this:
INTP: I=74% N 53% T=63% P=84%, what the hell? lol

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Actually. If you read the ESTP articles. You will find this quoted here.

http://personalitycafe.com/estp-art...description-best-estp-guide-ever-written.html

ISFp - An ESTp may find him or her self activelly undecided between the ISFp type and his or her native ESTp type. Because the sixth function of the ESTp is Fe, it is not uncommon for one to confuse the second creative function (Ti) for that function. When this occurs, an ESTp may have problems deciding between those ethical and logical functions. In even more complex situations, an ESTp may demonstrate what appears to be a false lack of Te, which corresponds to the fourth weakest function of the ISFp. In this instances, the way to discern between these two types and to choose the correct one is to determine whether you activelly use Se or Si. If you use Se more than you use Si, you are an ESTp. If you use Si more than you use Se, you could really be an ISFp.

hope this helps :)
Please don't bring socionics into this, it tends to confuse people new to personality theory. ISFp is actually ISFJ in MBTI. In MBTI ESTP have Fe as their 3rd function whereas ISFP use Fi as their 1st function. I suppose if you are an ESTP in a bad mental state you could come across as an ISFP. Even at my most romantic if I am healthy, I'd never be an introvert.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Now I get INTP...this is just too weird lol, I've gotten that one the most as well as ISFP. The ESFP I got was one time on one test. All I can tell for sure is I'm definitely a xxxP lol.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Now I get INTP...this is just too weird lol, I've gotten that one the most as well as ISFP. The ESFP I got was one time on one test. All I can tell for sure is I'm definitely a xxxP lol.
I would look into INFP to be honest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts