Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you add or subtract from this description of an ESTP?

thrill seekers, competitive, conquerors, constant activity, impulsive, admission of failure is a weakness to them, emotionally tough

Also I need a video of an ESTP acting typical so I can study the type.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
Doers, autonomous, responsible, lifelong learners, negotiators, executors, respectful of others and command respect, and the list goes on.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ok. You can't go out in the real world and ask people to take the personality test.
You don't have to ask them to take the test to know what types they are.

I'm dating an ESTP now, that's why i'm in this forum.

I didn't ask him to take the test.

I just talked to him, asked certain questions and watched his behavior.

And I concluded his personality type. And he is the first ESTP that I know.

Let you know how I deduced my date is ESTP...

He noticed my dress and complimented it. = > He is into visual details, prolly an S.
He told me of how he enjoys talking to and being with people = > Extrovert
He described the size of a fridge by standing up and indicating the height = > Extroverted/Sensing
There is no extreme range in his emotions. Very little variation. Calm. = > Thinker
He said that he likes to "live in the moment" = > Perceiving
He likes to jump into outdoor thrilling activities = > Extroverted, Sensing
He said that he is laid back = > Perceiving
I watched his interactions with other people. He walked around talking to many people = > Extroverted
He talks in very concrete, descrptive ,detailed way, rather than abstract concepts = > Sensing
He mentioned he liked variety = > Perceiving
He is a medical officer (as opposed to musician) = > possibly Thinker

Takes practice. But it's fun !!! Have fun !

·
Registered
200 Posts
You don't have to ask them to take the test to know what types they are.

I'm dating an ESTP now, that's why i'm in this forum.

I didn't ask him to take the test.

I just talked to him, asked certain questions and watched his behavior.

And I concluded his personality type. And he is the first ESTP that I know.

Let you know how I deduced my date is ESTP...

He noticed my dress and complimented it. = > He is into visual details, prolly an S.
He told me of how he enjoys talking to and being with people = > Extrovert
He described the size of a fridge by standing up and indicating the height = > Extroverted/Sensing
There is no extreme range in his emotions. Very little variation. Calm. = > Thinker
He said that he likes to "live in the moment" = > Perceiving
He likes to jump into outdoor thrilling activities = > Extroverted, Sensing
He said that he is laid back = > Perceiving
I watched his interactions with other people. He walked around talking to many people = > Extroverted
He talks in very concrete, descrptive ,detailed way, rather than abstract concepts = > Sensing
He mentioned he liked variety = > Perceiving
He is a medical officer (as opposed to musician) = > possibly Thinker

Takes practice. But it's fun !!! Have fun !
Hmm. Cool, but my mom tested ENTJ (executive) and she is so into details. She remembers exactly what people were wearing at every event to the last detail. She knows what something measures by looking at it (she is a library of measurments). Her first focus is what people are wearing etc. But she's N.
When someone says they are in the moment, I think sensing instead of intuition (daydreaming). When someone talks logical instead of "circles"-thinking (less emotional). When someone plans (judging). When someone doesn't plan or like schedules (perceiving) I and E is easy. But, do you really know for sure? I have trouble with the S and N and P and J sometimes. But, Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts