Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what the different flavors of ESTP are, based on enneagrams.

ESTP E8
Reserved unapproachable secret goofballs.

ESTP E7
Outgoing mobile party starters.

ESTP E3
Serious and productive yet go with the flow (almost estj-like).

What do you think?

·
Banned
314 Posts
Well I'm type 3w4 and I feel a pretty serious ESTP at times. I can get a bit stressed and over think/worry though.

I can go with the flow but I'm sure you could apply that to numerous types. Seems a bit vague to me.

·
Registered
597 Posts

ESTP E8

ESTP E7

ESTP E3

What do you think?
I wouldnt simplify it just to core type, if I really believe to enneagram, ill rather go with tritype. For me not much flattering, but well. I have got tritype 7w8/8w7 plus 4w5, Messenger archetype.

I was retesting it and tritype stays stable, core type not, so Ill leave it in signature blank to dont declare nonsense. Reading description:LOL. Others in 7 ennea forum describe it like "mad, bad, dangerous to know" and put as sample lord Byron (Jesus!). I dont consider it perfect fit for me.

Reactions: Choice

·
Registered
414 Posts

ESTP E8

ESTP E7

ESTP E3

What do you think?
I think you summed it up nicely. As a 8w9, I'm reserved but I'm pretty gentle with people so Im quite approachable (unless I'm in a really bad mood), but yes, I'm a total goofball at home. I know a 3w4 ESTP, dead serious and pretty intense guy, considered that he might be an 8 until I did some digging.

·
Registered
414 Posts
For me not much flattering, but well. I have got tritype 7w8/8w7 plus 4w5, Messenger archetype.
Did you mean that your tritype is not very flattering? If that's the case, well, I think there is nothing positive or negative about an enneagram type, I'm aware that some descriptions make it sound as if some types are more desirable than others, but that's just the descriptions. People are more than their E-types, and there is a just compensation for every E-type.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I'd be carefull with that little summary, because there is HUGE diffrence between wings only, not even saying about tritype.

For example 7w6 is clown stereotype. Mostly have fun be entertaining others.
7w8 is most assertive type and has a lot qualities from 8 (people who are 7w8 main tend to have 8w7 in tritype) which makes one more serious and supposedly enjoys control (but not need it like 8). Have more fun being entertained. Supposedly one of the most selfish types and ultimate hedonist.

from what I've noticed 7w6 is way more often for ESFP's and ENTP's.

In short you could divide us into two categories, where 3w2, 7w6 and 8w9 would be more of a people's person and 3w4, 7w8 and 8w7's would be more of things person (more materialist, more into doing than talking).

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
My tri-type is 3,7 and 8. 7 tends to bring out the smart alack in me.when im depressed my 8 side gets applified and im really assertive and not much fun loving/extraverted outgoing like a 7 would be.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I'm the hot-flavored one. Aggressive, hot, yet undeniably pleasurable

i'm type 3 or 8

or 7

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Not much of a party person, even though I'm a type 7. I do love interacting with people, making them laugh, cracking jokes and insults left and right. I get a crack out of storytelling too.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
im a 3w4 . not too easy going and very focused and competitive :) i guess that sums me up in 2 words..lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts