Personality Cafe banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
It's yet the true about me. But only in an elitist universe.
I think the big distinction in me and the others I know, for example in my music I can go on a stage be in the limelight and appreciate when people love my music. Or if I lead a project and in the end I present it and people give me credit for my work etc, I like it of course, it's testament to my work, but I never do this for my Ego and that's the thing many people can't realize, it's about what I do, not who I am basically.

Wouldn't that be your case as well !?

I can also see how logic would push you to do as others, in a very elitist universe, because you want to succeed, so it makes sense to compete in this fashion, but I don't think it's Ego related still !

Reactions: AnneM

·
Banned
262 Posts
I think the big distinction in me and the others I know, for example in my music I can go on a stage be in the limelight and appreciate when people love my music. Or if I lead a project and in the end I present it and people give me credit for my work etc, I like it of course, it's testament to my work, but I never do this for my Ego and that's the thing many people can't realize, it's about what I do, not who I am basically.

Wouldn't that be your case as well !?

I can also see how logic would push you to do as others, in a very elitist universe, because you want to succeed, so it makes sense to compete in this fashion, but I don't think it's Ego related still !
In fact, the demarcation is thin. A strong ego is important to do great things. Because quality things are difficult to achieve. A strong ego, and/or, a lot of love.

But some people may be pushed to realize quantity beyond quality, so as not to become hasbeen. The ES probably more than other.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
1,659 Posts
Well, she's (the girl in the video)... wrong...

I'm suspecting this is how it would work: INTJs don't believe the scientific study because a guy is wearing a lab coat or because they believe that scientists are incorruptible. They believe the study because the person who wrote it has years upon years of experience in a certain field. Between a regular Joe saying what he thinks about topic X and a guy who does X for a living... why wouldn't he believe the guy who does X for a living. It's not about his coat, it has absolutely nothing to do with clothes, but about his experience.

Now, regarding the corruption aspect. Yes, people CAN be bought, but that doesn't mean they ARE automatically bought. So whether or not scientist X is seen taking money from someone, it is fair to give him the benefit of a doubt, instead of going into those generalisations like "all politicians are corrupt"... Well, have you met ALL politicians? These are views usually held by people who have never been actively involved in politics themselves and they get this "feeling" by watching news. It's the same with scientists, I'm sure some are corrupt, but you give them the benefit of a doubt... innocent until proven guilty.

I do like the way her sister thinks! Ruthless and relentless... I like that! :)

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
@Sensational

Gawd they are lil punks to her. I called my sis out on it recent though. I explained how much it takes for our mom to be vulnerable and they try and force her to be vulnerable in their own way but yet at the same time they insult the way she is comfortable to show her love and be more vulnerable. My sis mentioned I was right and she was going to stop doing that.
:heart:

ESTP at its best!

Reactions: Sensational

·
Registered
289 Posts
@Sensational

:heart:

ESTP at its best!

That's what I hate the most in everyday interactions, really shows how the world is made for Extroverts and how their ways are considered canonical and best. I always feel I have to adjust myself to others, who quite often aren't that accommodating in return, so that's really draining and usually now when it happens, I just drop out of interactions altogether and leave !

No need to be pressured and be told I'm a weirdo, from people who don't make efforts themselves.

Reactions: AnneM

·
Banned
5,408 Posts
funny video
Many intj already shared their opinions. :laughing:

Just want to point out that for me it's rather easy to understand how ESTP works and how they will easily clashed with mine.

Not saying I can be friends with them though. I can as long as i am willing to adjust, a willingness which does not come cheap :wink:

Seriously though, for me i could quite accept people who perform entirely different than mine. But for me to digest on people who somewhat work similarly but always arrive at entirely different conclusion, it's too demanding for my stomach. Unless there are other values provided, like parties. YAY!

Peace y'all.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts