Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in love with an ESTP who is just my friend. He has feelings for me but will not deal with them and instead retreats. I told him off and said a lot of cruel things. It should be obvious that I did not mean those things and I was just hurt and overreacting. I ended our friendship. I apologized several times, but have not heard from him. I miss him and would rather have his friendship than not have him at all. do ESTPs forgive? is it possible to pick up where we left off before my spasm? Give him time? Leave him alone? Is is just over and time to move on? He is so practical and realistic and I am an emotional and irrational tornado. How do I get him back?

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
I forgive, but I don't forget. I doubt your relationship will ever be the same. You've proven to be a little crazy. I'd avoid that if I were him.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
We don't deal with our feelings well. I feel I'm pretty good with showing emotion and concern for others and I'm a Thinker,people called me cold and logical. How can an Feeler royally screw up their chances for another person that's what I want to know? You've already friend zoned him and on top of that said a few things you regret,and it's only now you're in love with him. I think you should give the poor guy some space, and post this as a loss. And it's weird cause you're an ESFJ,almost there with our ESTP,at least from my point of view. Use the time away to think about your actions.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Gotta agree with monemi.

It's hard for me to forgive, however, it's impossible for me to forget. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't actively hold grudges because it's usually more beneficial for me if I can, in action, forgive that person (ie: I'm not gonna be rude to somone outwardly), that being said I definitely do not truly forgive people easily AT ALL

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would probably forgive but it really depends on the entire situation. It sounds like your partner moved on and has detached himself from you. You'd probably do well to do the same. ESTP's aren't likely to return just because you say sorry and beg. Prove you knew you were wrong by accepting that he doesn't wish to communicate further about it, and carry on with your life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts