Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of research and thinking the past few days I've come down to EXTP. I can't figure out if I am a sensor or intuitive, ESTP sounds more like me but some things make me question it, making me confused as fuck and angry Can someone explain key differences between these two types or in other words, dominant SE vs dominant NE?

Reasons why I think ESTP:
I always have to shake my leg, type my desk, move around, I have a hard time staying still. Only times I really can is when I'm using my phone or watching TV.
I pick up smells and notice things in my enviroment
I have aggressive behavior when interacting with my environment, my parents always tell me to stop closing doors hard, stop slamming microwave doors, go easy when opening or closing blinds. I don't focus on how much strength I'm putting into a action
I'm a doer but can get distracted easily
I have a hard time with abstract concepts or equations
I get bored and distracted easily and have to do something
I love making myself look tough and cool, there are a few shirts or pants I'd never be caught wearing. I love to be seen in sunglasses, leather jackets, etc.
As a kid in school I always got distracted or restless staying still and moved around the room, walked on my knees, etc.
I like holding things in my hand, whether it be my phone or a object
I always need step by step instructions when doing something and hate when someone expects me to do something without clear instructions. As a kid I always remember I'd cry out of anger and frustration when I had no clue on how to do something
I can be very charismatic when I want to be
I talk and move aggressively
I hate those who make stupid theories
I am very uncreative. I always had my mom help me out in projects that involved color or thinking outside the box
When trying to remember the past I don't ever recall myself coming up with ideas or possibilities like ENTPs are said to do all the time
I HATE POETRY. I hate any literature in fact that doesn't get straight to the point and instead makes metaphors or use examples but won't say what it means. I have a INFJ teacher and hater her and her teaching style so much. Ugh
I love to do active stuff and be athletic
I always have to do something to keep my senses stimulated, ranging from working out, a lot of video games, or movies
I like doing multiple things involving my senses. An example is watching videos on my phone while eating, a great combo
I love having multiple skills in athletic things and get so competitive that I hate to compete as my fear of losing or looking stupid holds me back, one of the reasons I don' do sports anymore. That and I hate getting told what to do or when to go somewhere
I am very determined when it comes to a goal and will do what it takes to accomplish it
I hate planning for the future, it stresses me out
I don't care about what a situation "means", that part always confuses me in the NT description of entps and entjs
I can adapt to a group of people. When around smart geeky people, I talk like them. When around ghetto people, I talk like them

Reasons why I think ENTP:
I always get into debates with people online or in person about religion, comic book characters, who'd win a fight, etc. (my mom said I could be a lawyer but thats boring and no fun in my opinon lol)
I have a vivid imagination
Though I suck at hard math equations I'm awesome at simple stuff in math
I love theories that I find make sense and interest me, I find them amusing in how much they make sense and clean up loose ends. Theories in comics, movies, etc. are the ones I'll pay attention to and enjoy.
I can connect the dots of something, sometimes with time to analyze it and other times instantly, though for the latter its rare
I am very book smart but not street smart, though I think this is because I have a ESFJ dad and ESTJ mom and they have raised me this way
I get lost in thought in class when distracted in class or home
I hate getting into unknown situations and want to have a idea of what I'm getting into so I could prepare mentally, whether it be meeting new people or going to a place like summer camp

Alright, thats all I got. Don't ignore this please, this typing took me half a hour and I don't want all my hard work to be for nothing :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
A lot of those traits are for both types. I believe the best way to find out is if whether you question why things work and if you do you're most likely a ENTP, if not ESTP. Its all about whether you consider yourself a traditionalist or not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could you explain what you mean by if I question why things work? If you mean that if I wonder why things happen, then no, I hardly even wonder why something happens, I wonder HOW something happens, and even then thats only if I could apply it to something I need to learn/do. Besides that, I dont wonder for the sake of wondering.
I don't consider myself a tradionalist. While I love the feeling of always putting a christmas tree up every year, I hate the idea of doing something just because tradition says so, like forcing to get married or following rules that are stupid

·
Registered
118 Posts
A intuitive thinks about how things could be better while a sensor doesn't put it into mind. That's what I meant. Also do you see things as black and white or is everything a grey area?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In that case no, I never think about how things can be better. I see things and think of them to analyze but thats all I do thinking wise, I don't ever sit and think "This would be better if yadayadayada", or at least not always. The only times I do is when I am extremely stressed or boggled down by many things to do and figure out and my mind goes panic mode and wants to clean and remove things from my list of what to do. An example is the whole Trump and Noth Korea thing. I get worried when thinking about how they could start a war and think to myself " It'd be great if Trump said this and that and did that", in which I will imagine myself as Trump and imagine what I'd say and do to fix all problems between the two countries
Also ,Id say 75 percent of my thinking is black and white, my family and friends notice this and often call me close minded and aggressive when stating my opinions or feelings

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Are you sure you are EXTP you type lots of bla bla bla. i got bored ;)

Reactions: nablur

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
ne dom

se dom

if you can always understand the opposition, you're probably entp

if you would rather pick up a gun and shoot the opposition for the lols, you're probably estp

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitely a EXTP dude ;) As a kid I never stfu and always talked everyones ear off. As I went through puberty I become more introverted and thinking like, which I hear is the second sign developing if you have a extroverted function dominant. I am a thinker because I show so many signs of Ti and none of Fi and a little bit of Fe. I am extremely blunt and honest and turn people away because of this. I'm a perciever because I procrastinate and have no patience, respect, or love for traditions that dont make sense and are only followed for tradition sake
So yes, definite EXTP. Just cant figure out for the fucking life of me if I got dominant Ne or Se

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In that case I'd believe I am ESTP. I dont give a fuck about understanding opposition, its my way or the high way

Damn, that Se dom video got me real jealous, mostly because I havent done half the shit thats done in it. Looks fun

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you give more examples of domiant ne vs domiant se? I see you're a entp yourself which means you are really smart when it comes to these sort of things as well as your account history, I see you can give me a good answer :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Ne:

Note the way Bruce plays with concepts, combining the concept of having a revelation about Satanism and the Book of Revelations, Kundalini, tarot, etc. He's taking ideas and tying them together. He focuses on what could happen.

Se:

The focus is on concrete life events, plays with life experiences, and comments on the inability to see consequences (inferior Ni). There's a concise message communicated very directly. Axl focuses on what will happen.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
When you lose do you take it personally? If so, ENTP. If not, your ESTP.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am a big sore loser, one of the reasons I don't play sports anymore, I can't stand losing or looking stupid. But do I take it personally as in does it hurt my feelings? No, only when the opposition makes fun of my skills

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I am a big sore loser, one of the reasons I don't play sports anymore, I can't stand losing or looking stupid. But do I take it personally as in does it hurt my feelings? No, only when the opposition makes fun of my skills
I think both don't like losing or being made to look bad in public. I walked of stage when my band made me look bad by playing an unrehearsed song.

I'm not decided between ENTP or ESTP. In Australia ENTPs are more common than ESTPs

Do you envision possible consequences of actions or do you worry about that when it happens ?
Or do you envision the consequences but think "yeah like that will happen" ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I sometimes envision consequences but not often and absolutely never did as a kid, I have been a lot more recently because I've been stressed as fuck. More often and when I'm normal, I worry about consequences when i know I've fucked up or have been caught.
I don't think "Yeah like that'll happen" unless I know its unlikely or I want to lie to myself to make the situation less bad

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Yeah i reckon you are an ESTP.
Do you like muscle cars ?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
When you lose do you take it personally? If so, ENTP. If not, your ESTP.
No. Lol.

Taking a loss personally depends on *how* you lose. Examples: ENTP will be upset if the loss came at the hands of random luck and circumstance (Hatred of Se and not recognizing it to be a fundamental part of life). ESTP become upset if the loss came at the hands of not recognizing the potential of something, and overlooking it impulsively (Hatred of utilizing Ne until directly impacted by it).

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
No. Lol.

Taking a loss personally depends on *how* you lose. Examples: ENTP will be upset if the loss came at the hands of random luck and circumstance (Hatred of Se and not recognizing it to be a fundamental part of life). ESTP become upset if the loss came at the hands of not recognizing the potential of something, and overlooking it impulsively (Hatred of utilizing Ne until directly impacted by it).
Makes sense, both my ENTPs friends would over demand best 2 out of 3 on the battles of the quips. My cousin is an ENTP and we often team up to the detriment of our extended family lol.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts