Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to type my dad but it's not the easiest thing. I think he is ESTP or ESFP, but how can I tell the difference? He seems like a little of both to me, but I don't know.. Help? :)

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Hmm well Fe(ESTP) and Fi(ESFP). I see ESTP's more concerned with what other people think about them, compared to ESFP who is concerned with what THEY think about themselves. It would be easier if you mentioned some traits for me. I know both types, but ESTP's are easier for me to tell.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oh okay, thanks! From what I've seen he doesn't really care what people think, sometimes he does random things like screaming out loud (usually in the company of children, and they always love him and laugh at him). He is like a big child sometimes and he always talk to my friends. He always make sure everyone has a good time. I don't know if this has anything to do with Fe/Fi though, but I hope it helped a little :)

I could also add that he likes sports alot, and his motorcycle. And he has a hard time saying no to things.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Oh okay, thanks! From what I've seen he doesn't really care what people think, sometimes he does random things like screaming out loud (usually in the company of children, and they always love him and laugh at him). He is like a big child sometimes and he always talk to my friends. He always make sure everyone has a good time. I don't know if this has anything to do with Fe/Fi though, but I hope it helped a little :)

I could also add that he likes sports alot, and his motorcycle. And he has a hard time saying no to things.
A lot of guys like sports and motorcycles and both the ESFP and the ESTP parent are playful. I wouldn't say I ever have a hard time saying no to my kids though.

I dated an ESFP guy for two years. He was a fun guy until his temper flared up. He experienced a lot of ups and downs. The ESFP is highly emotional, they can mood swing and show more emotional outbursts than the ESTP. They are some of the nicest people until you piss them off. I think they are better at using encouraging words, we are better at showing we care. I find ESFP guys make jokes about themselves and can be more goofy than ESTP men. Their face shows more emotion and they don't have our stare, the eyes move around their surroundings more. ESTP men like to get up and go places, they like to experience more fun while the ESFP may not need to seek out adventure but is more happy performing for others.
I think the main difference is the display of emotions. You will see that an ESTP, although expressive, will not emit much emotion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A lot of guys like sports and motorcycles and both the ESFP and the ESTP parent are playful. I wouldn't say I ever have a hard time saying no to my kids though.

I dated an ESFP guy for two years. He was a fun guy until his temper flared up. He experienced a lot of ups and downs. The ESFP is highly emotional, they can mood swing and show more emotional outbursts than the ESTP. They are some of the nicest people until you piss them off. I think they are better at using encouraging words, we are better at showing we care. I find ESFP guys make jokes about themselves and can be more goofy than ESTP men. Their face shows more emotion and they don't have our stare, the eyes move around their surroundings more. ESTP men like to get up and go places, they like to experience more fun while the ESFP may not need to seek out adventure but is more happy performing for others.
I think the main difference is the display of emotions. You will see that an ESTP, although expressive, will not emit much emotion.
I see, well then he must be an ESTP, because he's not very emotional at all most of the time. Thank you!

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
I see, well then he must be an ESTP, because he's not very emotional at all most of the time. Thank you!
Or he is neither. You really aren't giving us any details but what you want to share. You are forcing us to pick between the two types with little else in the way of details. Unless you are an MBTI expert you shouldn't type people. If you do then you should never assume they are what you think they are until they are officially tested. It can lead to problems when they don't act like you think they should.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Or he is neither. You really aren't giving us any details but what you want to share. You are forcing us to pick between the two types with little else in the way of details. Unless you are an MBTI expert you shouldn't type people. If you do then you should never assume they are what you think they are until they are officially tested. It can lead to problems when they don't act like you think they should.
I don't want you to pick between the two types, that's not what I meant. I was asking for the biggest differences between them. Sorry if I'm being confusing.

And yes, he could be neither. I'm thinking about letting him take the test, I guess it's easier that way :happy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts