Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your gift-giving style? Also, what kinds of gifts do you like to receive, and how do you tend to react to a gift that you like versus one that you dislike?

I am doing this for all the types...eventually...

Anyway, I have a few thoughts on the ESTP based on functions, but I am interested in feedback from actual ESTPs. Please add your own thoughts along the way, as my description is certainly not meant to be definitive.

The ESTP loves a good surprise, and will pull out all the stops to achieve it. Ever walked into your drab office on a Monday morning only to find your desk overflowing with roses? You might be dating an ESTP...

·
Registered
578 Posts
sometimes i think i'm giving out way too much things to my friends and even though I don't get as much back (which I don't really care for, but deep down inside i'm craving for something in return!!) I'm still cool with it because from the look on their faces, when i hand them something, just gives me a rush of great feelings.
I always give my friends things when I get it free, because sometimes I don't need it.

Like My friends and I was at this festival thingy and they were throwing free shirts and little goody bags that hurt when you dont catch it right. I saw this guy try and catch this bag but failed because he tripped over people.. Lol funny.
But yea, I caught a few things here and there and gave it to my friends. Even though they caught some too, i gave it to them. Eh, seriously I don't think I need it. Sure its a good memorable item, but cmon that's what pictures are for! And stories!

But I just dont give anyone anything, I would have to really like you in order to get something from me.. :cool:

Food. That's different. I'd love to share but when I'm hungry.. go get your own!

Another thing about "sharing" or "giving" is that... When I was going out with my Ex, i would seriously tell my friends if they wanted to get with her after our relationship has reached a 'dead end' or, or, if they just wanted to do her. I was seriously considering a threesome with one of my boys. No gay stuff, just doing the girl. You know, one girl, two guys.
Yea its weird, but I'm still young and I I have this mentality that these things are abundant. Like, there's moreee out there just waiting for me to conquer. It's really risky but once you actually know what youre doing, it all works out for the best for you.
Like, everything is abundant. Neverending, always more to come. More fish in the sea. And at the end, everybody gets icecream.

But all this is for the people who I really think that i could trust and who are just really good positive friends. Can't have jerks always blabbing about stuff.
It sucks because some of my friends are just waiting for my stuff. gifts*

But yea.
Did you know that Watermelon is good for your eyes?!
LMAO!

·
Registered
20 Posts
sometimes i think i'm giving out way too much things to my friends and even though I don't get as much back (which I don't really care for, but deep down inside i'm craving for something in return!!) I'm still cool with it because from the look on their faces, when i hand them something, just gives me a rush of great feelings.
haha thats so true!! and i only do that to my favorite ones .

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I always give my friends things when I get it free, because sometimes I don't need it.

Like My friends and I was at this festival thingy and they were throwing free shirts and little goody bags that hurt when you dont catch it right. I saw this guy try and catch this bag but failed because he tripped over people.. Lol funny.
But yea, I caught a few things here and there and gave it to my friends. Even though they caught some too, i gave it to them. Eh, seriously I don't think I need it. Sure its a good memorable item, but cmon that's what pictures are for! And stories!

But I just dont give anyone anything, I would have to really like you in order to get something from me.. :cool:

Food. That's different. I'd love to share but when I'm hungry.. go get your own!

Another thing about "sharing" or "giving" is that... When I was going out with my Ex, i would seriously tell my friends if they wanted to get with her after our relationship has reached a 'dead end' or, or, if they just wanted to do her. I was seriously considering a threesome with one of my boys. No gay stuff, just doing the girl. You know, one girl, two guys.
Yea its weird, but I'm still young and I I have this mentality that these things are abundant. Like, there's moreee out there just waiting for me to conquer. It's really risky but once you actually know what youre doing, it all works out for the best for you.
Like, everything is abundant. Neverending, always more to come. More fish in the sea. And at the end, everybody gets icecream.

But all this is for the people who I really think that i could trust and who are just really good positive friends. Can't have jerks always blabbing about stuff.
It sucks because some of my friends are just waiting for my stuff. gifts*

But yea.
Did you know that Watermelon is good for your eyes?!
LMAO!

for some random reason I felt very emotionally invested in this story.
thanks.
<3

·
Registered
703 Posts
Swish, I really like that quote

That could be the line of the year for ESTPs. I had to learn to not be as generous as I was early on. In fact, I used to give everything to everyone else. I would give to excess even when I was in debt.

I thought there would always be more. I don't know if it is because ESTPs make work fun, but I never really minded working. I only griped if work was unfair never that it was hard. Even the most brutal of physical labor, after a while, your body adjusts and it's not that bad. If I wanted something in the past, I would just work for it and get it. I didn't expect anyone to give it to me.

The best gift I had was a party with my best friends, and they all got down and had a ball. To this day, people say that party was the best ever. If you look at the most fun or best times, it almost always is with other people.

The best physical gift I got was an Ipod. I am a bit of a tech junkie and thought I had no use for it, but I used it every day. Since then, I have given other people a dozen or so of these or Ipads over the years. The Ipad has been my gift of choice to others here lately.

I was talking to another ESTP about religion, and she said flat out, "I believe in God, spirituality, and morality but not organized religion." It was as if those words came out of my mouth. Churches like to preach that if you tithe to them you get back all you give and more. I think that is a lot of bs so you give them crazy amounts of money. I have seen what some churches do with money, and it has little to do with doing God's work. However, if you do give in the right way, I think that you do get back much, much more.

So on the one hand, you want to give to help and be generous, but it is tricky. You want the gift getter to feel appreciative and grateful, but often they have a sense of entitlement. If you give excessively, you risk creating dependence not appreciation, and there is always going to be resentment when the gift giver cuts the getter off. You would think being generous would be easy, but it is actually tough. There is a fine line between helping and enabling.

Anyway, I like to think that I am still generous, but I am a lot more careful these days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts