Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in college and I'm pretty much struggling with only math. It's my worst subject ever. One question I want answered is do other ESTPs struggle with school in general? I found school easy. Except math of course.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
Math is the reason I could only get so far in college. Otherwise, most subject were easy.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Math has always been my weak point ever since leaving elementary (I was in GT back then). They require you to take math placement exams just to take most of the courses and the only way I can do the math is to look at the answer and then dissect it until I arrive back at the original question, that's the only way I've learned.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
I always struggled with maths. I did best in science, history and gym. Buying a house, I bombarded the bank manager with questions. I wasn't signing anything until I understood the maths. The poor bank manager and my husband. I feel for them.

·
Registered
606 Posts
English has always been my strongest subject with Math being my worst. Damn, guess most ESTP's also have issues with Math lol. Only thing I ever struggled with in high school (aside from Math) was getting myself to actually do the work. Otherwise, school was always easy.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
English has always been my strongest subject with Math being my worst. Damn, guess most ESTP's also have issues with Math lol. Only thing I ever struggled with in high school (aside from Math) was getting myself to actually do the work. Otherwise, school was always easy.
That's the kicker isn't it? School work was always easy. University was easy. Showing up every day and doing the homework was hard. Really, really hard.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I found math to be pretty easy. I enjoyed doing problems and homework for that class. It's the subjective classes, and I can't necessarily specify a subject (as I've had objective teachers in "subjective" classes), than actual educators who had my grade and my future in their hands based on whether or not they agreed or disagreed on how I felt about Animal Farm or what are my thoughts on euthanasia in a five page paper...due ON TIME!

Pretty much every subject was a breeze for me. I aced most tests without studying and could usually do the homework without any assistance. It was when I was really challenged for once that school became incredibly difficult. Going to class everyday has become a struggle recently, but my largest struggle was being able to not lose my homework or getting it done on time. Most teachers were forgiving, but some I had serious conflicts with, especially with something like getting a letter grade dropped only because I left my backpack in the previous class.

I've become a fan of online classes for this reason.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Math below the Calc level is pretty easy for me, and it's awesome because it is objective. You can't fail the class just because your prof doesn't see eye to eye. Seems to be a trend that ESTP's biggest issue with grades and school is actually doing the work. Last semester I focused on my grades but the only thing I changed was attendance and handing in my assignments on time. My overall gpa went up 2 full letters. Online classes help too.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
You can't fail the class just because your prof doesn't see eye to eye.
Lie. Absolutely always go with what teachers want to hear. People don't really want the truth.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Lie. Absolutely always go with what teachers want to hear. People don't really want the truth.
I meant that only relating to why I like math... Math has one and only one right answer which makes it easy. I learned realllll quick to fall in line with what other teachers want. After all, grades aren't a measure of learning, they are a measure of short term memorization and ability to conform to your prof.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After all, grades aren't a measure of learning, they are a measure of short term memorization and ability to conform to your prof.
I've had professors that haven't failed me for not conforming to the curriculum, one of them actually seemed to encouraged me to speak my mind. Though, I'm sure my junior year religion teacher wanted to at least knock me down one or two letter grades. As for math, I think that's the subject that people use rote memorization the most, if not the sciences.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Oh, man.. College. Depends on what your major is. The GE's were a breeze, had no trouble passing the courses. And despite what most Jung sites say about us, theoretical classes are no challenge for us actually, as long as they remain within the boundaries of our main academic focus. I double majored in Economics and Mathematics, now working for a Master's in Finance. Math is naturally easy for me, so there's one ESTP who doesn't suck at math.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Reactions: Rainbow

·
Registered
716 Posts
I'm awesome in Math. I suck in reading and writing. I suck at homework. I can't concentrate long enough to read books. I hate books and can't stand reading. I don't have patience for homework. So that is why I dropped out of College and now I am doing Welding. But Math is like my favorite subject.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Hmm. I know an ESTP girl who managed to get into one of the best commerce degrees in my country, and get scores that beat the majority (probably over 99%) of the nation. She did well, higher education wise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Academically speaking, I have always tested above average in all subjects - including math.
However I do have to put forth much more effort in order to understand math, this also hinders my science skills.

So yeah it sucks

·
Registered
16 Posts
I find it amusing to come here and read about other people who struggle with math the same way that I always have. Everything else was always a breeze for me, It's nice to see that it's kind of a common thing among us ESTP peeps.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts