Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made an acquaintance several years ago, and recently had him take the MBTI test. He tested as an ESTP, which I believe is partially accurate.*

The point is, I am have formed an emotional attachment to my ESTP acquaintance. He has an interesting sense of humor, is willing to participate in any arbitrary debates, and brings an interesting perspective on matters that I did not have before.

So I naturally want to learn of standard ESTP behavior. Please indulge in me.

*However, I have noted that the results are incredibly balanced on some parts, so there might be some leeway for behavioral differences.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm aggressive, spontaneous, down-to-earth, easygoing, direct, observatory, childlike, and most of all fun. I have an INTP fraternal twin:shocked:

By the way, a lot of us ESTPs are very different.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I've noticed. Unlike me, my acquaintance is heavily engaged with the external world. He's also rather spontaneous, but I've been considering testing his hormone levels. He's much more innocent than I am, although he's two years older. :wink:

Are ESTP's usually extremists? We get into a lot of debates, and I've noticed that he leans very heavily on one side.

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Yes, I've noticed. Unlike me, my acquaintance is heavily engaged with the external world. He's also rather spontaneous, but I've been considering testing his hormone levels. He's much more innocent than I am, although he's two years older. :wink:

Are ESTP's usually extremists? We get into a lot of debates, and I've noticed that he leans very heavily on one side.
I used to be an extremist when I was young. I am nto scared to do anything now but I have kids so I think before I act now. ESTP does not equal innocent.

Reactions: StandardLawyer

·
Registered
307 Posts
I guess you could say I was somewhat of an extremist at one time, but experiences changed my attitude and perception on certain issues. Whether it was on people, relationships, situations, etc. But that goes along with just about any personality type.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts